cheya

Deng Ming Dao offers a free series on Qi

This looks really good!

Deng Ming-Dao is offering a free six part Zoom series on Qi.

Qi (chi, 氣) has been defined as breath, lifeforce, or energy. For anyone interested in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), healing, meditation, qigong, or Taijiquan, it can take years to understand and cultivate qi. So it’s important to learn from the tradition that was established by healers, martial artists, and meditators over thousands of years.
The Circle of Qi is a simple idea: we are in exchange with the world; we circulate energy; and our bodies, minds, spirits, and the cosmos are all linked in a circle of qi.
The series will take place biweekly on Thursday evenings.

1. June 24, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT • Introduction • Qi in Taoism, the Yijing, qigong, martial arts practice, meditation practices, Taiji, yin-yang, the Five Phases, and the Eight Trigrams (Bagua) • The traditional definition of Qi • How Qi is used in healing, martial arts, and spiritual practice • Relationship to prana and other traditions
2. July 8, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT • The metaphysical Qi • Qi as energy • Conservation • Recursion and cycles
3. July 22, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT • The Day and Night Circle • The Four Seasons Circle • The Yuan Heng Li Zhen Circle from the Yijing • The Tao Circle
4. August 5, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT • The Taiji Circle • The Yin-yang Circle • The Five Phases Circle • Qi and Emotio • The Eight Trigrams Circle
5. August 19, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT • The Three Treasures Circle • The Microcosmic Circle • The Taijiquan Circle • Relation of step to breath • Lifecycles • Youth, Adulthood, Middle Age, Old Age
6. September 2, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT • Reflections on the centrality of Q • Returning to the breath; Qi and Taoist longevity techniques • Reviewing its goal in practices • Returning ourselves to the cosmos

TO REGISTER
Please register by sending your email address via direct message.
ZOOM LINK
An email with the Zoom link will be sent to you the day prior to each event. There is no charge to attend.
RECORDING
The talks will be recorded and a link sent out a day after each event.
May be an image of text that says 'Circle The of Qi THE TAO OF ENERGY'
  • Like 1

To be sure, I just DM you my email address on this forum?

Sounds like a great idea and very interesting.

I pm'd you, Hannes, but just so everybody knows, I can't register anybody for this series!

If you want to register, I think you can just send your email address to <[email protected]> with a request to be added to Circle of Qi.