Sign in to follow this  
Iliketurtles

Derailed

Before the other guy showed up asking about immortals, i was going to say: Asking a purely academic about Tao is like asking a car salesperson about engines. Are you still so reluctant to throw your questions to us grease monkeys?

18 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Your Question is about the Mo Pai, isnt it?

No it has nothing to do with any particular religion, philosophy, school, sect, lineage or practice.  

Edited by Iliketurtles

15 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

Before the other guy showed up asking about immortals, i was going to say: Asking a purely academic about Tao is like asking a car salesperson about engines. Are you still so reluctant to throw your questions to us grease monkeys?

Yes. 

Edited by Iliketurtles

13 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

No it has nothing to do with any particular religion, philosophy, school, sect, lineage or practice.  

I see...interesting

So...you like turtles...

Do you have a fondness for anything else???

Coffee perhaps?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

I see...interesting

So...you like turtles...

Do you have a fondness for anything else???

Coffee perhaps?

I can't have coffee even decaf as the doctor says it raises my intraocular pressure.

2 minutes ago, Iliketurtles said:

I can't have coffee even decaf as the doctor says it raises my intraocular pressure.

So, I'm guessing you suffer from myopia then?

Ocular hypertension! That's actually possibly more ironic than having myopia! :) Sorry to have a laugh at your expense, but the way this all is exists to mirror our attachments and aversions - most often, in my experience, with a sense of humor.

The answers you seek are HERE, what you want to REALLY ask is always available, and never obscured.

You are surrounded by people who want to help. I DO have a degree in Consciousness Studies (which as it turns out was just more seeking) and studied a number of Buddhist practices with well-known lamas (Gyatrul Rinphoche, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Ngakpa Chogyam Rinpoche) if that makes a better case?

• Like 1

@Iliketurtles

We do not routinely delete topics or posts unless they violate the forum guidelines. Simply stop bumping and the the thread will soon be lost in the ether…

1 hour ago, stirling said:

Ocular hypertension! That's actually possibly more ironic than having myopia! :) Sorry to have a laugh at your expense, but the way this all is exists to mirror our attachments and aversions - most often, in my experience, with a sense of humor.

The answers you seek are HERE, what you want to REALLY ask is always available, and never obscured.

You are surrounded by people who want to help. I DO have a degree in Consciousness Studies (which as it turns out was just more seeking) and studied a number of Buddhist practices with well-known lamas (Gyatrul Rinphoche, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Ngakpa Chogyam Rinpoche) if that makes a better case?

Asked a few times in other forums, turned out badly, will stick to private discussion only as a result.  

On 09/07/2021 at 5:48 PM, Iliketurtles said:

Ah I apoligize

I should be more direct in my line of questioning

You are of the Western Mo Pai group....I can tell

What bothers you my friend?

21 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Ah I apoligize

I should be more direct in my line of questioning

You are of the Western Mo Pai group....I can tell

What bothers you my friend?

If you say so. 

Something that bothers me  is people's  toxic behavior, which means unfortunately I can only communicate in private about this topic.  

Thanks.

Edited by Iliketurtles

Maybe you could post the question publicly and follow up on the answer in a private discussion. You could choose to be silent after posting.

Too many bumps ...

1 hour ago, Bhathen said:

Maybe you could post the question publicly and follow up on the answer in a private discussion. You could choose to be silent after posting.

Too many bumps ...

I've tried public discussion on this particular topic before , it was a catastrophic failure. 

Unfortunately I am only talking with people in private about it to prevent that sort of thing again. 

Edited by Iliketurtles

Sign in to follow this