dwai

Norse mythology

I’ve been watching Ragnarok on Netflix — a very fascinating spin on Norse mythology. Anyone has any good background info on Norse “alchemy”, spiritual concepts etc? Would be interesting to learn more about it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dwai said:

I’ve been watching Ragnarok on Netflix — a very fascinating spin on Norse mythology. Anyone has any good background info on Norse “alchemy”, spiritual concepts etc? Would be interesting to learn more about it. 

This channel is quite interesting on the religion:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasRowsell

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Scholar said:

I like it too, zeus,hercules, hades, etc

That’s Greek :) 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 11:42 PM, dwai said:

I just finished watching this on your recommendation. I was fascinated in Norse mythology as a kid and I loved this show.

When I started reading about the six paths of reincarnation in vajrayana, I immediately saw parallels between the aesir and the warring titans of the asura.

I've also wondered if the Norse pantheon was of the deva realm and the giants of the Jötunheim were the asura.

In Buddhist beliefs, the asura wage war on the devas, but always lose. That makes them jealous and enraged.

Thats largely true of Norse mythology too, apart from at Ragnarok, when the gods die. A reminder that even the gods are within the scope of samsara.

Its also fascinating that many western cultures of the time worshipped entities in the deva realm, like Zeus, Jupiter, Odin. I wonder if the human plane was closer to those realms at the time.

• Like 1