Sign in to follow this  
Earl Grey

Can't edit or delete own posts, even in PPJ

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

I will take a look at this later today.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Title topic. 

I tried a small tweek, unsure if I fixed anything: please check and get back to me.

Also, on a separate issue: I want to make sure that you've seen this thread (especially the 2nd post):

2 hours ago, Trunk said:

I tried a small tweek, unsure if I fixed anything: please check and get back to me.

So far, it only gives me the option to hide or split on existing threads in the PPJ.

2 hours ago, Trunk said:

Also, on a separate issue: I want to make sure that you've seen this thread (especially the 2nd post):

Cool! Thanks!

• Like 1

Still can't delete or edit. I wonder if something changed when removing as a whole members' ability to hide public threads. 

I tried in my ppd. 

I have to leave a dot., can't leave a total blank post, if I tried that, all deleted text was restored by the editor. 

Is this the same as you are describing @Earl Grey

17 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

I tried in my ppd. 

I have to leave a dot., can't leave a total blank post, if I tried that, all deleted text was restored by the editor. 

Is this the same as you are describing @Earl Grey

No. I can only split or hide a post. I don't even have the option to edit appear.

@Earl Grey and everyone,

Re: supporting the growth of alternative-to-TDBs discussion forums:

TDBs is over burdened.  I've thought this for a long time.  I think it'd be *really* healthier if there were several other Daoist discussion sites that grew to be big n' healthy, and that TDBs became somewhat smaller.  I'm quite happy and supportive when a member makes a go of it... discussion sites are super easy to start, but harder to build a sustainable base.  I'm glad to provide the thread that I mentioned earlier, in support.  You are not breaking any rules here by starting a site!  :lol:B)  And if some members here migrate to that site, either exclusively or back n' forth, more power to you!  That means you're providing something valuable.  TDBs can't be everything to everyone.

cheers,

Trunk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trunk said:

@Cleansox  TDB's doesn't allow blank posts, so, yeah, having to leave a period is normal.

@Earl Grey  Better now?

I think I found out the problem: can’t edit my posts in locked threads. So far it’s working if I unlock temporarily before editing a post. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Trunk said:

@Earl Grey and everyone,

TDBs is over burdened.  I've thought this for a long time.  I think it'd be *really* healthier if there were several other Daoist discussion sites that grew to be big n' healthy, and that TDBs became somewhat smaller.  I'm quite happy and supportive when a member makes a go of it... discussion sites are super easy to start, but harder to build a sustainable base.  I'm glad to provide the thread that I mentioned earlier, in support.  You are not breaking any rules here by starting a site!  :lol:B)  And if some members here migrate to that site, either exclusively or back n' forth, more power to you!  That means you're providing something valuable.  TDBs can't be everything to everyone.

cheers,

Trunk

If someone thought it was a violation of rules here or reported us for making a new forum, they probably don’t realize that they’re advertising for us by bringing attention to the site. 🤣

Nothing wrong with a choice between Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper anyway—some people might even want water, so give them options.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Trunk said:

@Cleansox  TDB's doesn't allow blank posts, so, yeah, having to leave a period is normal.

It doesnt  ?    .....

Edited by Nungali

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

There is always a way around that  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Apech said:

1 minute ago, Apech said:

One can  post a blank post after quoting  ... but is it really blank if it has a quote in it .

BlanketyBlanks.jpg

• Confused 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:38 PM, virtue said:

I'm leaving this topic open in order to receive low-threshold feedback.

10 hours ago, Trunk said:

@Earl Grey and everyone,

cheers,

Trunk

Just to clarify: the forum for AG is technically owned by virtue and I just help with mod duties.

Above is his request for feedback and here is the link to leave it.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Nope thats an 8 point full stop . not a blank .

Sign in to follow this