Sign in to follow this  
Gino

Me Drunk = Talkative Mess

Essentially, this story starts with me getting drunk at my friend's 20th birthday party Saturday night (two days ago). None of my friends know about kundalini energy let alone the fact that I feel it and I started to get really chatty with my roommate.

I told my good bud, who I've talked about heavy stuff before, about kundalini energy and how strong and tried to describe how it feels to him. I told him about how alone I feel because none of the people that I personally know never have felt it before and may never feel something that is so strong inside of me. I also described how awkward it is for me to be raised Catholic and yet feel devoted to something that I never really practiced before. I continued onward talking about how I regret some of this because it was something that I never asked for yet it came into my life and how it really makes everything so damn confusing for me.

I really got pretty emotional through it all and he tried to comfort me but I felt like I was a drunk quack just rambling off about conspiracy theories and how evil the government is. He seemed understanding but at a lack of words because he himself has never felt anything similar to it.

He said that he would be willing if I found a way for him to feel the energy that I feel. Is there a sure way that I can have him feel it so he can understand?

Thanks,

(Sober) Gino

Edited by Gino

No easy way. Kundalini awakening is usually the result of rather long term practice. You could teach him to feel qi though. That's easy. Just make a qi ball and have him put his hand inside. Or teach him how to make a qi ball himself.

For my friend to feel qi is as easy as me making a qi ball and having him stick his hands in the center?! Any other ways?

Fire Dragon: Thanks for the suggestion. I got the book from my local library today and I'm going to give it a read myself too.

It feels like I committed a taboo talking about it to him and while he is open minded, he doesn't really understand at all and I want him to understand because well, I'm living with him next year (we signed the papers). I think it is really important that he knows that his roommate is not crazy just "unique" and that there are other people like me.

I found a place on my local campus that has yoga classes (hatha and ashtanga at place called Yoga on High) and I'm going to pick up the beginners class in a couple months because summer break is somewhat soon. However, I will start AYP.

Thanks.

Hi Gino,

Maybe you could just let the interaction happen naturally - while living together, he'll get some familiarity with your interests but in the context of who you are as a whole person. You can't really control how others view you, or at least not in a healthy way! But if you have a sincere commitment to something, usually people can feel that and respect you for it, even if they don't agree with you.

Maybe the question is, do you want validation, or do you want to be true to yourself :)

I've lived in more roommate situations than I can count, and often I'd get along great with the roommates who didn't share my views. Maybe there's that possibility too.

-Karen

Sign in to follow this