Taomeow

An inside view of the situation in India

(quote recopied)

#India #Grief #Rituals #ForThoseLeftBehind 

"It’s not just numbers. It’s not just Deaths. It’s the complete helplessness. It’s the inability to ever say goodbye. Death rituals were psychological designs for the society, the family to bid farewell. It’s the complete and total absence of that. No. A zoom meet cannot substitute a hug, a howl, a tired smile through the tears. No please. It’s not just numbers. It’s us. Human. Very very human. Very very helpless."

This is really the crushing bottom line  and anything that can be done to reduce it is of our common dharmic duty.  (In India and in the many other places it is happening!  So I'd say wearing masks, social distancing,  washing hands and whatever else needs cleaning or filtering, along with rejecting hyped up lies and thus being well informed about the validity of getting a 99.999% proven safe vaccine is not really asking much to reduce such tremendous suffering, even if it is not at our personal doorstep - just yet - although such could happen with whatever comes next!

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Suppose I consider my particular health status (age, preexisting conditions, etc), do my due diligence to investigate the various vaccines, consult with knowledgable people I trust, and in the end decide that it´s not in my personal best interest to be vaccinated.  Do you believe that my decision is morally reprehensible?  Am I obligated to do something I believe puts my own health at risk for the sake of contributing to herd immunity?

If you’re exercising discretion and acting from a place of compassion, both for oneself and others, then of course not. And I would suspect such a one would take other actions to minimize the spread, i.e., to do one’s part. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Am I obligated to do something I believe puts my own health at risk for the sake of contributing to herd immunity?

No

5 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

If you’re exercising discretion and acting from a place of compassion, both for oneself and others, then of course not. And I would suspect such a one would take other actions to minimize the spread, i.e., to do one’s part. 

Yes

On 4/29/2021 at 4:36 AM, Nungali said:

From this thread ~ Pandemic Panic - Transcending the Fear...

Our local region  ( Mid north coast of NSW ) has just passed 1 year  since we last had a covid case .

Good

• Like 1

10 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

Getting news of people passing away — young people. My classmate from school lost his younger sister today — I’ve seen her since she was a toddler — couldn’t have been older than 40! 

The situation is dire — the people who’re succumbing are affluent and are able to get to hospitals. I shudder to think of the plight of the underprivileged who don’t even have access to hospitals! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Over 4,000 COVID-19 patients successfully treated so far – no hospitalization required, no deaths. This doctor has figured out a way out of the pandemic! This incredible interview highlights the future of COVID-19 treatment, available anywhere in the world. Dr Shankara Chetty (South Africa) has significant experience in managing COVID-19 patients in the outpatient setting, incorporating his research findings and a solid understanding of the disease. His background is in Biology and Microbiology with many years practicing as a Family Practitioner.

• Thanks 1