hierundjetzt

Zhineng Qigong Level 1 question

Dear all,

after having practised Fragrant Qigong for more than 5 months without even skipping a day, I have decided to stop as I did not feel any benefits (at least none that were tangible for me).As easy as it was, I was also getting a bit tired of the restrictions with this qigong.

I would like to practice/learn Zhineng qigong, starting of course with Level 1. I see that there are 4 forms included in level 1. My questions:

1. Do I have to do all 4 forms each time? Or can I also only do 1 form (or 2 or 3), time-depending?

2. How long does each fo the 4 forms take to do?

Any other tips are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Aside from doing the daily practice, there are other areas that should be monitored to receive maximum benefit from your training. Hold these in harmony. 

-Diet 

-Sexual Energy

-Sleep

-Muscle Tension (flexibility) 

-Expenditure of Mental and Emotional energy  

hi Robert,

if you do not feel benefit isntantly with the practice, how can you feel it after 5 months?

I have been trialling zhineng this week actually. As far as I know the main focus at least initially is the level one form called 'lift chi up, pour chi down' (often abbreviated as lcupcd). That takes about 20 minutes and you can do it a couple of times a day.

I got a good course on this from udemy but there are plenty of other tutorials around on YouTube. As I understand it, the next major step (level 2) is called 'body and mind form'.

The other level 1 forms, like the 'la qi' exercise and the wall squats, are more supplementary but have their own specific purposes. A guy I was chatting to on reddit said he's never done a wall squat before despite having practiced the style for several years. The main focus is apparently on lcupcd.

Edited by Vajra Fist

1 hour ago, RiverSnake said:

Aside from doing the daily practice, there are other areas that should be monitored to receive maximum benefit from your training. Hold these in harmony. 

-Diet 

-Sexual Energy

-Sleep

-Muscle Tension (flexibility) 

-Expenditure of Mental and Emotional energy  

Thanks, interesting. I will have to read more about it for sure.

1 hour ago, Indiken said:

hi Robert,

if you do not feel benefit isntantly with the practice, how can you feel it after 5 months?

Well, I think in Fragrant Qigong you are not really expected to feel anything immediately. Maybe after some time you will able to smell fragrances during the practice, but I don't think all do (I certainly didn't). In fact during practice you should keep your mind otherwise occupied and not concentrate on the movements or any negative thoughts (or if you are ill you should not think about your illness).

If I remember correctly, if you do not feel any benefits after 3 months, then you should look for another qigong. I gave it more than 5 months and now I think it is time to move on for me.

1 hour ago, Vajra Fist said:

I have been trialling zhineng this week actually. As far as I know the main focus at least initially is the level one form called 'lift chi up, pour chi down' (often abbreviated as lcupcd). That takes about 20 minutes and you can do it a couple of times a day.

I got a good course on this from udemy but there are plenty of other tutorials around on YouTube. As I understand it, the next major step (level 2) is called 'body and mind form'.

The other level 1 forms, like the 'la qi' exercise and the wall squats, are more supplementary but have their own specific purposes. A guy I was chatting to on reddit said he's never done a wall squat before despite having practiced the style for several years. The main focus is apparently on lcupcd.

Thanks for the info! I looked at the udemy course trailer and I was not really sure about it. The 3 instructors seemed nice enough but I could not figure out how they had learned lcupcd in order to be able to teach it. So, instead I went ahead and bought the dvd from Luke Chan (Chi-Lel). I probably could have also just used the available youtube videos, but I first wanted a bit of instruction before relying on youtube.

• Like 1

Just now, hierundjetzt said:

Well, I think in Fragrant Qigong you are not really expected to feel anything immediately. Maybe after some time you will able to smell fragrances during the practice, but I don't think all do (I certainly didn't). In fact during practice you should keep your mind otherwise occupied and not concentrate on the movements or any negative thoughts (or if you are ill you should not think about your illness).

If I remember correctly, if you do not feel any benefits after 3 months, then you should look for another qigong. I gave it more than 5 months and now I think it is time to move on for me.

i did 8 brocades for couple of months, i was expecting something to relieve chronic fatigue, but this did not do the thing...

so, now my qigong is just move arms, legs and torso the way i feel good...

for example, i was stressed today and i did take a walk and did meditate in silence... and the benefit was instant.

be well and good luck with your practice, Robert

5 minutes ago, Indiken said:

i did 8 brocades for couple of months, i was expecting something to relieve chronic fatigue, but this did not do the thing...

so, now my qigong is just move arms, legs and torso the way i feel good...

for example, i was stressed today and i did take a walk and did meditate in silence... and the benefit was instant.

be well and good luck with your practice, Robert

I guess it is not so easy to find the right qigong. Walking and meditating definitely are two very worthwhile undertakings.

Thanks, I wish you also the best of luck. If I manage to gain some benefits (may take some time though), I will get back to you.

• Thanks 1

I would like to warn you that this system should not be used to hurt others. I dont know if there isnt any rule specified on the lineage but Im saying to you: DONT DO THAT

I challanged a kickboxer last year while using those techniques and I can tell you: THEY DONT WORK FIR FIGHTING. Everyone laughed at me and I ended with a broken nose and other minor bruises.

20 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I would like to warn you that this system should not be used to hurt others. I dont know if there isnt any rule specified on the lineage but Im saying to you: DONT DO THAT

I challanged a kickboxer last year while using those techniques and I can tell you: THEY DONT WORK FIR FIGHTING. Everyone laughed at me and I ended with a broken nose and other minor bruises.

Is Zhineng supposed to be a martial system? 

1 hour ago, RiverSnake said:

Is Zhineng supposed to be a martial system? 

No,I dont think so. I learnt it the hard way

On 26.4.2021 at 7:00 PM, hierundjetzt said:

Dear all,

after having practised Fragrant Qigong for more than 5 months without even skipping a day, I have decided to stop as I did not feel any benefits (at least none that were tangible for me).As easy as it was, I was also getting a bit tired of the restrictions with this qigong.

I would like to practice/learn Zhineng qigong, starting of course with Level 1. I see that there are 4 forms included in level 1. My questions:

1. Do I have to do all 4 forms each time? Or can I also only do 1 form (or 2 or 3), time-depending?

2. How long does each fo the 4 forms take to do?

Any other tips are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Maybe a bit late but hopefully still helpful: If you do Zhineng Qigong you usually start with "Lift Qi up and pour Qi down" and you can do three centers merge" after it. This is usually enough for beginners. You can do some of the additional exercises of level 1 when you feel like it but these two are the core exercises of level 1. PS: You have to build a qi-field before you begin the practice. Building the qi-field is a key element in Zhineng Qigong. Doing "La Qi" is one of the additional exercises that helps you to master this skill.