SirPalomides

New book on Thunder Magic from a Maoshan practitioner

6 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

Receiving content for free is a double edged sword. I've noticed that most people never even value what they have and as a result don't use it to any great degree. Deep Gnosis, cannot be found, through spiritual fast food. Healthy and mutually beneficial exchanges are optimal.  

On another hand there are those that want but do not know where to look for it or lack the mean$ to get it.It ain't as black and white.

Still, should I edit out my previous post then?

35 minutes ago, Knowthing said:

On another hand there are those that want but do not know where to look for it or lack the mean$ to get it.It ain't as black and white.

When I don't have a black and white answer myself, I ask the I Ching.  :)    

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GreytoWhite said:

It's what is in Max Christensen's Kunlun System.

You mean the book mentioned by OP has the same thing as "Kunlun System"?

Edited by Knowthing
re-writing question

No, it's just what I practice from the journal. There are at least 3 extant major branches of Mao Shan. I'm told the line we do descends from the Lingbao. I don't have the same lineage as Jason - just read his books and incorporate some of his practices. After receiving so many transmissions now - these things just work.

• Like 1

On 30. 4. 2021 at 2:33 AM, GreytoWhite said:

"Fox Immortal book" Chines Kuji Kiri ...

Where I can get more info?

Edited by Jox

On 4. 5. 2021 at 2:47 AM, GreytoWhite said:

It's what is in Max Christensen's Kunlun System.

I learned the "same" 5 elements postures and the dynamic part, which is five elments dance ... Alltogether comes from Bon shamanic dances  ... to Bagua ...  

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 3:36 AM, Jox said:

I learned the "same" 5 elements postures and the dynamic part, which is five elments dance ... Alltogether comes from Bon shamanic dances  ... to Bagua ...  

All esotericism descends from shamanism. Esoteric methods are just a preservation of tribal knowledge within a civilization. Have you trained from this school in person? My teacher learned from Chris and Max prior to the formulation of the Kunlun system. What I learned was closer to the  practices outlined in the old red book Max published with Chris Tittle. We mainly did Tibetan Vajrayana seated meditations and Bagua Neigong but we also did some Tibetan yoga. Bon was only ever mentioned in passing and its influence on the Vajrasattva heruka we were doing at the end. Much of what we did was straight out of Tibetan Nyingma and has given me the ability to exchange transmissions with monks. After completing my studies a signed copy of Max's purple book literally jumped off the shelf at my girlfriend at the time.

When I made achievement after integrating the 5 Elements I was told I turned on the Lingbao side from a past life. Lingbao was already a syncretic sect that was known for integrating Buddhist cosmology and methods into their brand Daoism and had great influence on the wider Chinese Daoist culture. The 5 Elements are necessary to perform something like Vajradhatu practice. The mandalas are more than art and are meant to be engaged with in a multi-modal manner. All of the Dragongate Sanctuary practices come from somewhere - much of it is Tibetan but have a lot of influence from China and Japan.

Many of the teachings they received from China and Japan may have roots in Tibet but they develop their own flavor in the new  country. You can sit down to a Japanese or Tibetan fire ritual and the only difference will be the language but that doesn't mean the surrounding locale, culture, and people it contains are the same. The Shingon school that the Kuji Kiri descends from preserves aspects that have since passed from popularity in more mainstream Buddhist sects. The Kuji Kiri practice itself descends from a Daoist Liu Ding Liu Jia practices for protection whilst traveling through forests and mountains. While some ninja schools have preserved the martial guardian aspects of this - many only use it to ask for the Six Paramitas. 

Back to the topic at hand - Jason Read talks about the Buddhist influence on his Mao Shan line openly. There is a quick thunder palm strike method he described that would basically require one to have some cultivation of the 3 Vajras to use. Also he shows Daoist methods and talismans that are incredibly familiar to any Reiki Master worth their salt.

• Like 5

Interesting video here from Benebell on thunder magic.

She's put together a short practice to get a taste for the lineage - a nine day cycle for charging up a talisman.

There's a blog post here which goes a bit deeper:

https://benebellwen.com/2018/06/03/thunder-rites/

Interestingly, she uses Vajrapani and a sanskrit mantra, rather than focusing on Lei Gong. Also she says that this isn't the practice she was initiated in, but something that is safe for people to pick up and try.

I love the idea of thunder magic

• Like 3

On 23/02/2022 at 8:16 PM, Shadow_self said:

https://mandrake.uk.net/practical-chinese-magic-coming-soon/

Jason has a rather large text being released soon

I have a kindle unlimited subscription so had a glance

Magic is not something im interested in, however took a look as it is nice to contrast different schools of thought

Visualization seems to be the central component of all the "practical" aspects I managed to read so far (something ive always been warned away from) 

I may read a bit more later to see if the tone changes...but initial impressions were..its not something I would personally  purchase

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Visualization seems to be the central component of all the "practical" aspects I managed to read so far (something ive always been warned away from) 

Sounds logical though. If (my lack of insight in magic is abyssmal) magic is about changing an aspect of reality, forming ones intent with a visualisation to create a thought-form that can be infused with power seems like a good idea. 

3 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Sounds logical though. If (my lack of insight in magic is abyssmal) magic is about changing an aspect of reality, forming ones intent with a visualisation to create a thought-form that can be infused with power seems like a good idea. 

I have no idea either to be honest...but when I see someone recommending "inhaling colours" ( a la JAJ) I tend to raise an eyebrow

i am not interested in magic however i read many of his books. he also says something interesting on a you tube video about fox magic going wrong. it would highly adivisable to see that video before to use that stuff. The thunder stuff is very interesting and i am gratefull he shares stuff. The only thing that sticks in my mind is that a qi gong or nei gong master should  look strong and healthy.When i see some of his pictures when he was young and now (without any disrepect intended) i wondered what happened along the way. 

again no disrespect intended maybe he had an accident or grave sickness we do not know about.