Nungali

Hare Krishna , Hare K .. bzzz click whirrr .. hare hare ...

5 hours ago, zerostao said:

Will the robots be placed in airports?

See the tag under the title   ^

I don’t mind the use of automata if they actually look good and not like some shabby theme park attraction.

I visited some Hindu temples in Malaysia and the statues there too looked like they had been sculpted and painted with the aesthetic sensibility of a five year old. Obviously Hinduism has produced some amazing art through the ages so I can’t imagine everyone is happy about this state of affairs.

image.png.f5a756fa9a3dbc79669e81a0bbbf97a4.png art in religion 

Is art being used for a purpose.  Like this Styrofoam fishing fly, why would it work harder than it has to?

Edited by Sketch

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

image.png.f5a756fa9a3dbc79669e81a0bbbf97a4.png art in religion 

Is art being used for a purpose.  Like this Styrofoam fishing fly, why would it work harder than it has to?

Well the purpose of religious art is generally to convey some truth or transcendent ideal, or communicate the presence of the divine. So not being distractingly hideous doesn’t seem like such an unreasonable expectation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Well the purpose of religious art is generally to convey some truth or transcendent ideal, or communicate the presence of the divine. So not being distractingly hideous doesn’t seem like such an unreasonable expectation.

Have you seen, for example,  a Roman catholic church built after Vatican II?

21 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Have you seen, for example,  a Roman catholic church built after Vatican II?

Yep. Mostly hideous. This is far from a problem for Hindus only!

• Like 1