Apech

East is East and West is West

7 hours ago, Apech said:

I think that terrain, flora and fauna are used to shape the local mythos and interpretive narrative which is used by local shamans and so on ... and of course at a subtle level 'entities' e.g. spirits of tree, rocks, lakes, mountains and so on - and of course the earth's field.

I get your point about N-S ... but E -W must mean something - perhaps even if it is a human construct.

Blood and land eh?  Zieg heil!!!

Genetics and location  if you prefer ..

7 hours ago, Apech said:

You think there was peace before the Indo-Europeans?  I think there were fewer people and a lot of space between.  But I can see what you are getting at.  But it sounds a little like putting the blame for human woe on the shoulders of one set of humans.  Which to me is too easy as an answer.

Nah , we never had peace . But warfare became different when one could escape the consequence of their actions .

The; kill them all, man women and child, kill all their animals and salt their earth , is something, that as far as I can find, didnt really happen until raid and run people appeared ( and not just one set of them, it happened all over the place as soon as people started getting horses and fast  ships . .  Its just that IE where some of the first .

They rode all the way into India   and took over  .... remember  .

Spoiler

13.jpg&key=19db8b4e2be5495c51a093090aaf5

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Genetics and location  if you prefer ..

The funny thing is I have recurring strange little 'visions' which are like memories of being a buddhist monk in Ladakh (or Tibet possibly) - they are sometimes quite vivid and occur when I am reading texts or thinking about certain historical Buddhist figures.  Also as a young child I had a distinct recall of having lived alone in a cave meditating.  I have no genetic link to the Tibetan region at all and yet I feel connected.  I realise you may now call the medical help line and have me locked up as a delusional fantasist ... but don't you think we have deeper links which transcend genetics and location?  I am sure for instance that Daoism, Buddhism and so on would have no purchase with Westerners if it was not some kind of karmic linkeage.

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Nah , we never had peace . But warfare became different when one could escape the consequence of their actions .

The; kill them all, man women and child, kill all their animals and salt their earth , is something, that as far as I can find, didnt really happen until raid and run people appeared ( and not just one set of them, it happened all over the place as soon as people started getting horses and fast  ships . .  Its just that IE where some of the first .

They rode all the way into India   and took over  .... remember  .

Reveal hidden contents

13.jpg&key=19db8b4e2be5495c51a093090aaf5

I am going to report you to Dwai for re-ducation :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apech said:

The funny thing is I have recurring strange little 'visions' which are like memories of being a buddhist monk in Ladakh (or Tibet possibly) - they are sometimes quite vivid and occur when I am reading texts or thinking about certain historical Buddhist figures.  Also as a young child I had a distinct recall of having lived alone in a cave meditating.  I have no genetic link to the Tibetan region at all and yet I feel connected. 

:lol: this happened to me just this morning. I was doing a practice, and "remembering" how it was easier doing it in the old days out of a cave. Nice to hear this happens to others. 

But this is a good point--- we often assume the Western perspective: one life, one body, one set of memories. But if there is a whole karmic mass of past habits, then even in Western form we might be more Eastern. Taking one life is a very, very narrow view. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Apech said:

The funny thing is I have recurring strange little 'visions' which are like memories of being a buddhist monk in Ladakh (or Tibet possibly) - they are sometimes quite vivid and occur when I am reading texts or thinking about certain historical Buddhist figures.  Also as a young child I had a distinct recall of having lived alone in a cave meditating.  I have no genetic link to the Tibetan region at all and yet I feel connected.  I realise you may now call the medical help line and have me locked up as a delusional fantasist ... but don't you think we have deeper links which transcend genetics and location?  I am sure for instance that Daoism, Buddhism and so on would have no purchase with Westerners if it was not some kind of karmic linkeage.

I am going to report you to Dwai for re-ducation :)

Well ....   I was 'King Tut'  in a previous life  and am now attracted to Egyptology    ,  so maybe .  

but PLEASE  no more Hundutva ' re-education '   !

- last time they made me march silly

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Yeah one of the oldest forms of warfare- still practiced in a few places- is cattle raiding. Cattle raiders are generally attacking, and being attacked by, their neighbors. As a result the casualties tend to be relatively light because no one wants to ignite a blood feud. Though there is always the potential for things to get way out of hand.

Edited by SirPalomides

3 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Yeah one of the oldest forms of warfare- still practiced in a few places- is cattle raiding. Cattle raiders are generally attacking, and being attacked by, their neighbors. As a result the casualties tend to be relatively light because no one wants to ignite a blood feud. Though there is always the potential for things to get way out of hand.

Aboriginal warfare consisted of two lines of men facing off and throwing spears , when all of one side is down , or gives up the other wins, thats the end of it .   To kill their women and children , well,   they might need some of those women in the future . To kill the children would be unthinkable .   Destroying their environment  would be crazy, as they probably have some hunting rights there . Most of the others are probably some type o frelatives . And   neighbouring tribes would come after you for breaking the 'war law' .  They had no slavery ( of human or animal )  .

I think my theory might break down re Sth American Indigenous history though   ? 

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

last time they made me march silly

not a friendly march

East kicked West?

&

West kicked East?

or

they kicked everywhere?

gif-camel-kick-689053.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I think my theory might break down re Sth American Indigenous history though   ? 

Well they were very civilized, and civilized people are very nasty.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Limahong said:

not a friendly march

East kicked West?

&

West kicked East?

or

they kicked everywhere?

I'll bet that ball went way out of bounds.

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Well ....   I was 'King Tut'  in a previous life  and am now attracted to Egyptology    ,  so maybe .  

but PLEASE  no more Hundutva ' re-education '   !

- last time they made me march silly

You were Cleopatra!!!!

• Haha 1

I remember a past life where I was raised by a snow leopard.  She was badass.  I don't remember what species I was myself though.  Could have been adopted.  The memories are from a very young age, from before I had a concept of "self."  

• Like 1

I get a snippet of a vision of my own legs, child's legs, below the knee.  I am barefooted, my skin is reddish-brown, and I am standing barefooted in red clay earth.  This could be anywhere - but it is repetitive so I suspect there's something to it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, manitou said:

This could be anywhere - but it is repetitive so I suspect there's something to it.

Hi Barbara,

I tried to figure out your sharing and...

- Anand

On 24/04/2021 at 7:04 AM, Limahong said:

not a friendly march

East kicked West?

&

West kicked East?

or

they kicked everywhere?

I have never seen foot ballplayed with a codpiece before

23 hours ago, Apech said:

You were Cleopatra!!!!

You are confused  ... that was  much later , and I was not her ... I was her consort

"   Oooooooooooo  .....  "

b39e560591622bbc3859987484bf09b2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, manitou said:

I get a snippet of a vision of my own legs, child's legs, below the knee.  I am barefooted, my skin is reddish-brown, and I am standing barefooted in red clay earth.  This could be anywhere - but it is repetitive so I suspect there's something to it.

Red Clay earth ?

5bfe2d32f6468a6083ce39c3d6a7994b.jpg

tourism-australia-aboriginal-tours-64383

" Hey there Sis , Wheres ya been ? "

Pine trees get  to me .  The look, the smell,  the sound of the wind in them ... every thing . Especially a forest of them .

Thing is I was bought up in an environment where they where virtually non existent   ;

Bents-Basin400.jpg

'  Hawksbury Sandstone / Sydney Basin '  -  deposited in the Triassic Period probably in a freshwater delta and is the caprock which controls the erosion and scarp retreat of the Illawarra escarpment.

The first time I went anywhere near a 'Euro style' pine forest it had a great effect and was so familiar and welcoming .  Then one year, when I was getting a bit older, I got my own caravan to stay in on a family holiday at a new place (for us ) - a broken down old water front caravan / fishing  park called 'Pine Park'  my van was inside a little compact forest of pine trees , nothing but pines and the ground, nothing but dried pine needles . I was in heaven, just because of the pines , then spent the nights in there , with an old kerosene lamp reading the book I bought with me , and listening to the night breeze through the needles .

The book was  " The Wendigo '   - scared the shit  out of myself !  :D

Edited by Nungali

31 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Red Clay earth ?

5bfe2d32f6468a6083ce39c3d6a7994b.jpg

tourism-australia-aboriginal-tours-64383

" Hey there Sis , Wheres ya been ? "

Pine trees get  to me .  The look, the smell,  the sound of the wind in them ... every thing . Especially a forest of them .

Thing is I was bought up in an environment where they where virtually non existent   ;

Bents-Basin400.jpg

'  Hawksbury Sandstone / Sydney Basin '  -  deposited in the Triassic Period probably in a freshwater delta and is the caprock which controls the erosion and scarp retreat of the Illawarra escarpment.

The first time I went anywhere near a 'Euro style' pine forest it had a great effect and was so familiar and welcoming .  Then one year, when I was getting a bit older, I got my own caravan to stay in on a family holiday at a new place (for us ) - a broken down old water front caravan / fishing  park called 'Pine Park'  my van was inside a little compact forest of pine trees , nothing but pines and the ground, nothing but dried pine needles . I was in heaven, just because of the pines , then spent the nights in there , with an old kerosene lamp reading the book I bought with me , and listening to the night breeze through the needles .

The book was  " The Wendigo '   - scared the shit  out of myself !  :D

Wendigo?  I don't know maybe an hour or so.

6 hours ago, Limahong said:

Indigo-design-hogwarts-name.gif

3328884012_1_3_h0sWDQo3.gif

No Limi

Wendigo  ... he will reach inside your camping tent , grab your ankles  and drag you out  while you sleep and carry you off, running across the tree tops, and turn you into a Wendigo ...you will hardly realise  when you awake   it starts gradually , ..... at first  .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJY1m2FVyJP8dWr0Hvf7B

Edited by Nungali

5 hours ago, Apech said:

Wendigo?  I don't know maybe an hour or so.

Go on them , make fun of him  .... 

... for now  ....

he will eventually catch up with you    ..... and you too  .....

.... bit by bit  ....

will slowly start  to change 

.....  into  .....  

Spoiler

THE WENDIGO  !

HTB1lqHpSFXXXXa3aXXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg?size=6

The recent events in Gaza/Israel and the various commentarial positions taken my the media and governments could illustrate the difference in perception of the two populations.  The Israelis as a kind of outpost of the West and the Palestinians as a representatives of the (Middle) East ... that is slightly 'other' and more than a little threatening.  The Israelis tend to get a soft ride even though many object to their colonising of the West bank and so on because they portray themselves as somehow generally in the fold of Western liberalism.  While actually full on Zionism is as fanatical and un-liberal as any ideology.  This is quite a good illustration of how, even granted the East-West divide is a human construct, we use our minds to discriminate different zones within the world.

Which leads me back to something that has puzzled me for a long time.  When I sit and examine the 'now', the reality in which I sit, it is natural and pure, ultimately free of contamination, an expression of energy if you like.  This is always the case.  It wouldn't matter where I was in the world or what externally to me was happening.  And yet in the world these differentiations exist.  And I don't mean the natural ones between say water and fire, I mean the human world.  Which leads me to ask - is the human world real, or not.  I have my own answer but would be interested in what you guys think.

2 hours ago, Apech said:

Which leads me to ask - is the human world real, or not. 

Is human suffering ~ real, or not?

If it is real ~ how do we align it with the Four Noble Truths?

th?id=OIP.il82e_0zJPPX5fQLwL494gHaFu&pid=Api&P=0&w=223&h=173

5 hours ago, Apech said:

The recent events in Gaza/Israel and the various commentarial positions taken my the media and governments could illustrate the difference in perception of the two populations.  The Israelis as a kind of outpost of the West and the Palestinians as a representatives of the (Middle) East ... that is slightly 'other' and more than a little threatening.  The Israelis tend to get a soft ride even though many object to their colonising of the West bank and so on because they portray themselves as somehow generally in the fold of Western liberalism.  While actually full on Zionism is as fanatical and un-liberal as any ideology.  This is quite a good illustration of how, even granted the East-West divide is a human construct, we use our minds to discriminate different zones within the world.

Australia  is really a part of Europe  ... when we want to enter  Eurovision song contest .

But its really  a part of South East Asia ... when we want a good a trade deal . 

Our population is multi ethnic / cultural , yet  modern Australia  has no culture   (unless you want to count' convicts and first settlers' stories , songs and poems ... and stupid concepts like  '  Gallipoli '   (  " our proudest moment that defined our modern nation "  ..... when we went to Invade Turkey ;  for some obscure reason that had nothing to do with us , read the map wrong, turned up at the wrong place, got the shit shot out of us and  barely managed to escape with some survivors  )

082609b0-02d1-41fd-bc4d-70b924663122.jpg

errrmmmm ... is that the right type of salute  ?

5 hours ago, Apech said:

Which leads me back to something that has puzzled me for a long time.  When I sit and examine the 'now', the reality in which I sit, it is natural and pure, ultimately free of contamination, an expression of energy if you like.  This is always the case.  It wouldn't matter where I was in the world or what externally to me was happening. 

I find this confusing , first , isnt any 'now' just a  fleeting 'freeze frame' of a continuum  and if good  or bad things are happening is not any 'now' just a part of that ?   Why does a frozen  moment in time  ... of itself  and 'always' natural and pure  ? 

Isnt any perception of the 'now' an illusion ,  as, if such a perception is really possible it must be for a moment that is as short as infinity is long  ?  or we are actually perceiving a series of 'nows' connected and in a 'frame speed' limited by our perceptions.

Is it the now, or are we looking at the frames of a film separated by small time gaps ?

[ This reminds me of when young Harry got his first digital watch, it fascinated him and wore it all the time ; I used to love asking him the time , " What's the time Harry ?  "

" Its exactly 12: 23 : 42  ..... ummm 12:23 :43  ... no   , wait  ...  12:23 :45   ....  "  ]

As far as you being anywhere in the world aand 'not mattering' what is happening to you   ..... :)

well,  we would have to test that one   .... unless we just take your word on it   ... but testing you would be more fun

Its easy to  say when snug  and safe at home

35659a5ff9a0dbb3ea1e8f30be780d9a.jpg

but ,  when the tables turn ...

A-black-and-white-cat-not-enjoying-his-s

5 hours ago, Apech said:

And yet in the world these differentiations exist.  And I don't mean the natural ones between say water and fire, I mean the human world.  Which leads me to ask - is the human world real, or not.  I have my own answer but would be interested in what you guys think.

I think the human world is very real .  But human's often play with the unreal .  If I cant see a reflection in nature , of  something humans 'made up' , then  to me  it is human BS ( not real ) .