Sign in to follow this  
Antonio108

Cultivating Qi

Thanks for the link.  I am confused as well, so someone else will likely provide a better answer.

Initially he seems to go for a partial Taiji mudra and gives a simplified instruction on reverse breathing.  Later he says this is for consolidating Qi in the LDT (which is the result I was taught to expect from verse breathing as well), and although I want to add a disclaimer that I'm not skilled enough to criticise any teacher, I believe additional considerations are needed for efficiency and safety in this technique (correct sinking as opposed to placement of the mind, correct standing posture, correct use of Yi, complete reverse breathing mechanics etc.).

Next he uses a full Taiji mudra, which is more familiar to me, but then he initiates the movement of his hands - which I don't understand the purpose for at all.  Trying it out on myself briefly, it certainly excites the Qi in the LDT, though I'm not sure to what end.

The part I understand the least is when he notes the purpose of this exercise - Fa Jin (though when he says it he demonstrates Fa Li).  I don't see the connection, but possibly someone else will.

• Like 1

Medical qigong stuff ,  its characteristics either is  attached  to breathing  or   attached to dantian  / posture /   visualization..etc . Maybe good for  trivial diseases .., but far away from anything great .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this