Yoda

cold showers

Now that winter is over, I'm getting back into cold showers. Very refreshing and a core component of Russian and Scandinavian chikung systems.

-Yoda

Cool practice!  Why below the heart?

3690[/snapback]

DA MOST BENNIFITS ARRISE WHEN YA COOL WHAT BE SUPOSED TO BE COOL. DA HEART BE *NOT* SUPOSED TO BE COLD, NOR DA HEAD BE SUPOSED TO BE COLD.

BUT DA HUEVOS, LIVVER, ETC, THEY MOST BENNIFIT FROM ICE-COLD WATTER.

SEE WHAT HAPENS WHEN YA TAKE A COLD BATH BE A REACTION EFECT WHERREBY DA BLOOD FIRST RUN AWWAY FROM DA AREA N THEN DA BLOOD RUSH BACK TO DA ARREA, WHICH BE MOST BENNIFICIAL FOR LIVVER N HUEVOS, HOW-EVVER, YA DONT WANT DA BLOOD TO RUSH OUTTA DA HEART NOR OUTTA DA HEAD, BELLEIVE ME ON THIS.

OF COURSE IF YA WANNA CUM-DITION YERSELF FOR FUKL IMERSION DO IT BUT DO IT GRADUALY OR YA MAY RISK BIG TIME.

NOW I DONT ASK YA TO BELLEIVE ME BLIND-LY: FIND OUT FOR YERSELF, TAKE AN

ICE-COLD BATH N TAKE IT FULY IMERSED UP TO YER NOSE N SEE HOW YA FEEL, THEN TAKE DA SAME BATH ONLY IMERSED TO DA BELYBUTON N SEE HOW YA FEEL,

OR IF YA BE SMART JUST BELLEIVE ME N AVVOID FUL IMERSION UNLES YA BE PLANNIN DA ESCAPPE FROM ALCATTRAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT COLD BATH BE GOOD FOR DA HUEVVOS!!!

RJ

The energy rush from cold immersions is from an adrenaline release. It is very rough on the adrenals. Some sick people in Russia have tried using it to heal themselves and ended up dead (they used them often). One mother tried cold immersions to help her sick baby and killed her.

Most people have poor adrenals to begin with from chronic stress and stimulants like coffee. Using cold immersions once in awhile won’t kill you but the refreshing feeling generated by it is a false sense of well being. The colder the water the greater the adrenal response so if you want to use a cool immersion once in a while I don’t see the harm in that. If you feel drained in the morning and need caffeine to get going, cold immersions are doing you any favors.

3711[/snapback]

I PARTLY DIS-AGGREE WITH YA ON THIS MITCH. AS I SAID YA GOTTA GO GRADUAL BECCAUSE DONE IN EXTREME WAYS CAN BE DANGERROUS, BUT I DONT THINK IT BE JUST A METER O ADDRENNALIN RUSH, IN FACT, I GAINED LONG TERM BENNIFITS FROM THAT PRACTICE IN TERMS ALSO O BIGGER FULLER HUEVOS N RELSSILIENCE TO COLD TEMPERRATURES.

YA GOTTA TRY IT TO BELLEIVE, REMMEMBER TRY DA HALF-BODY COLD BATH FOR A FEW DAYS OR WEEKS N THEN TELL ME HOW YA FEEL. I THINK ONE O DA EFECTS OCCUR BECCAUSE DA BLOOD RUSH BACK N FORTH WITH A FLUSHIN EFECT ON DA ORGANS, LIKE A MASAGE.

SO I DONT THINK IT BE JUST AN ADDRENNALIN RUSH. REMMEMBER ALSO THAT DA HUEVOS INCREASE SPERM PRODDUCTION WITH LOWER TEMPRATURES, YER HUEVOS WILL BE HAPY IN DA ICE COLD WATER FOR A FEW MINNUTES, BEFFORE SLAPIN A PINK PEACH.

RJ

Also arent you driving your chi deep into your body from this practice.. thereby sealing and locking it for some time... No way.. people aren't dying from this habit. Taking cold dips in the sea at wintertime is an old tradition here in scandinavia and is supposed to be very healthy.. Never heard anyone saying the opposite. As Ron says, you gotta go gradual.

but keeping it below the solar plexus... what about the robust Russians and Scandinavians? Sure, you loose a few to heartattacks, but the reaper would've figured something out sooner or latter. I'll try the baths, though.

-Yoda

your all gonna die

just kidding

you know what I do in showers?

this is embarrassing, but what need have I of pride, hmm?

you get the shower hot... hotter than your body can stand it.. but go gradual, dont hurt yourself... you take your nutsack and spread it out and let the hot water hit your balls. scratch if you like, it can be orgasmic.

I have been doing this for years... I think it might be a mild equivalnt to.. pulling on your nuts and bringing jing up. heat seems to... activate it, ya?

Two things. Decades ago one of my neighbors, died from going from a hot sauna to a cold pool, heart attack.

3 years I went to an old fashion European/German spa and they had a hot tub right next to a deep frigid one. You went from one to the other. I did, very invigorating. It takes your breath away and gets the heart pounding.

The Ki Society in St. Louis has New Years Misogi. Two days of heavy duty Aikido practice and meditation (including very old warrior Chanting), then a dip in a nearby river. This is in the first weekend of the New Year. The first time I did it we had to knock ice away from the side of the moving river(6 or 7 degrees). Then we strip off our gi's. Walk calmly into the water. Hold onto to smaller members so they don't wash away. Dunk a few times, Kiaie a few times. Walk out, get dressed w/ numb hands and walk a mile or so to the B&B for lunch.

Very invigorating. It really brings on an altered state. Its a 6 or 7 hour drive to St. Louis from Chicago. On the way back. My posture and attention are perfect. No radio, no mind clatter no impatience or extraneous thoughts. Just fully on.

Peace

Michael

Hagar,

I was hoping you'd chime in on this one. (I like to think of any traditional healing/well-being program as that culture's qigong practice.)

Pavel and Steve Maxwell say that cold water exposure is stimulating and beneficial in short doses, but too much will wear you out.

-Yoda

Well said. Sometimes it seems like I'm just reinventing the wheel on this stuff.

BTW, the Norwegian descent girls I know including Mrs Yoda have extremely strong legs. We're talking on par with a college linebacker. Maybe it's the rock up there? Is this true, or is my small sample (3) just off? If this is correct, do the men have strong legs too?

Also, Mrs Yoda can close a Captains of Crush #1 w/o training--so maybe it's all-over strength.

Thanks,

-Yoda

alternating between hot/warm and cold/cool baths is also known as a kneipp cure, named after some dude who found it very beneficial health wise.

look it up.

Now that winter is over, I'm getting back into cold showers.  Very refreshing and a core component of Russian and Scandinavian chikung systems.

-Yoda

3681[/snapback]

Well, I really don't know what a Scandinavian chikung system is, but you'll probably like my interpretation (in my blog).

I stayed with some crazy russian ascetics and every morning and evening before and after work we would go to the river and submerge about three times or more..... if not we at least went to the pond on the proprty we stayed on.... the pond was looked down on because it was warm compared to the river.

It certainly did clear the mind..... also the run thru the tall grass drenched in the cold morning dew was great too.

ahhh those were the days..... now its just cold showers.... but thanks sean for the link to the rmax thread..... the cold buckets were a favorite too when there was no river or on the road..... just keep them out side overnight so they can get cold..... kinda hard in the summer.