apdo

A question about cultivation

Hi   I had a question about something I wanna make it clear cuz there is alot of deffrent opinions about it 

Before starting cultivation should one train his physical body to a good point first or no ??

I have heared and read from some people u should train you body as it would tighten the medirian and make qi travel harder and block it etc ........

At same time I heared you should train you body well to near limit to your body can handle and store qi and when body reach limit it have enough reserves in Dan Tien to start cultivation and store qi 

So which opinion is right and thanks 

A lot of these questions are gone through in detail in Damo Mitchell's books, his A comprehensive guide to Daoist Nei Gong is a good way to get started. 

But enhancing @RiverSnake, flexibility is useful, body building is not. At least in this context.

Having a strong body on the other hand is useful. 

The book mentioned above will also give you an idea of how to start, and what you might find useful to be proficient in before going into Nei Dan. 

There is an answer to your question about horse stance there as well, so... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

A lot of these questions are gone through in detail in Damo Mitchell's books, his A comprehensive guide to Daoist Nei Gong is a good way to get started. 

But enhancing @RiverSnake, flexibility is useful, body building is not. At least in this context.

Having a strong body on the other hand is useful. 

The book mentioned above will also give you an idea of how to start, and what you might find useful to be proficient in before going into Nei Dan. 

I see thanks and I don't mean body building tho it's more like mic of fitness martial arts body building etc but thanks where I can find that book tho I saw alot of stuff I searched about damo talk about and his courses is good seem he is the real deal you can find in public internet thanks again

Edited by apdo

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

But enhancing @RiverSnake

I actually checked his website and he talked about it when talk about niedan ((Nei Gong is the systematic process of developing the three core ‘body’s of man’ so that they function at their most efficient level according to the teachings of the ancient Chinese arts. Focus begins upon cultivating the physical body so that it may serve as a vessel for energetic practice. From here, it progresses onto practice with the energetic matrix of the subtle body and then further again into evolution of the mind’s capabilities. To the Chinese, they knew this as the three step process of: Jing Gong, Qi Gong and then Shen Gong))

Edited by apdo

5 hours ago, apdo said:

Hi   I had a question about something I wanna make it clear cuz there is alot of deffrent opinions about it 

Before starting cultivation should one train his physical body to a good point first or no ??

I have heared and read from some people u should train you body as it would tighten the medirian and make qi travel harder and block it etc ........

At same time I heared you should train you body well to near limit to your body can handle and store qi and when body reach limit it have enough reserves in Dan Tien to start cultivation and store qi 

So which opinion is right and thanks 

Cultivation is for transforming the physical body to a very good point.     Taoist never push the body to near limit, the thinking is always moderation.

I see and as I know even Kung Fu guys train there physical bodies since they was kids and after they achieve certain level they can learn internal arts like shaoiln for example

2 hours ago, apdo said:

I see and as I know even Kung Fu guys train there physical bodies since they was kids and after they achieve certain level they can learn internal arts like shaoiln for example

Kung Fu can be classified as external or internal.   Taichi, Bagua, XingYi are more famous internal martial arts.   External martial arts do have an element of internal too but not with the depth and scope of internal.   Practitioners of external arts commonly turn to internal when they get old.  Internal arts normally train for the energies and internal organs, tendons and so on, but not with muscles like external or other physical exercises.