Shanmugam

The Story of My Spiritual Journey and Spiritual Awakening

Shanmugam - what a wonderful video.  Your intense desire for enlightenment really shines through.  I love the one thing you said about enlightenment - that you will have it at all costs.  That's exactly the way I feel about it.

My experience may or may not be beneficial to you.  I searched through religions and philosophies forever.  That seed that was implanted in me from birth has always tried to grow, despite my contrary actions as a young person.  But the seed finally won out.  It made its way through all the darkness, all the drunkenness - and it finally bloomed.  Being exposed to so many different philosophies and religions on this forum is what finally did it for me.

I realized that there is no particular religion, no particular path that will take you there.  It will only get you so far.  What I discovered, being on this forum for about 14 years, is that the thing that connect them all is the metaphysics.  In my view (and my view only) as long as one remains confined by any path at all, it is sub-optimal.  The total freedom of thought and perspective is there for all of us.  But IMO one outgrows their path in a sense - in the sense that the path will condition the mind in a particular way.  To think in a structured or organized way is to not have access to all points of view.

Anything exclusionary is false.  One path is as valid as another.  But I think the real answer lies in removal of as much excess ego as we possibly can.  That's a lifetime's work.  It's not an attempt to be 'good', or prayerful at all.  Actually, once this tendency, this desire to be or do Good is transcended, we realize that there is no actual Good or Bad, only Is-ness.  But removal of ego is the key - to remove the blockages and conditionings we have had instilled in us from birth.

The ultimate enlightenment is to know 'who' God really is.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 11:01 PM, manitou said:

Shanmugam - what a wonderful video.  Your intense desire for enlightenment really shines through.  I love the one thing you said about enlightenment - that you will have it at all costs.  That's exactly the way I feel about it.

My experience may or may not be beneficial to you.  I searched through religions and philosophies forever.  That seed that was implanted in me from birth has always tried to grow, despite my contrary actions as a young person.  But the seed finally won out.  It made its way through all the darkness, all the drunkenness - and it finally bloomed.  Being exposed to so many different philosophies and religions on this forum is what finally did it for me.

I realized that there is no particular religion, no particular path that will take you there.  It will only get you so far.  What I discovered, being on this forum for about 14 years, is that the thing that connect them all is the metaphysics.  In my view (and my view only) as long as one remains confined by any path at all, it is sub-optimal.  The total freedom of thought and perspective is there for all of us.  But IMO one outgrows their path in a sense - in the sense that the path will condition the mind in a particular way.  To think in a structured or organized way is to not have access to all points of view.

Anything exclusionary is false.  One path is as valid as another.  But I think the real answer lies in removal of as much excess ego as we possibly can.  That's a lifetime's work.  It's not an attempt to be 'good', or prayerful at all.  Actually, once this tendency, this desire to be or do Good is transcended, we realize that there is no actual Good or Bad, only Is-ness.  But removal of ego is the key - to remove the blockages and conditionings we have had instilled in us from birth.

The ultimate enlightenment is to know 'who' God really is.

hey, thanks for sharing... 

It is indeed a removal process, a destructive process.. Here is a story of another man called Greg Calise:

• Like 1

This is exactly why you meet so many recovering people on the quest.  In order to stay sober, they had to work the 12 steps and pull the density and obstruction out of themselves, so they can stay comfortable enough to stay sober.  It's like that's done first, before the path to enlightenment even emerges within.

Just like turning lemons into lemonaid.