daojones

How to Kill Candida in Prostate?!?!

I figured out that I've been battling a candida infection for a loooooong time, through a long series of trial and error. This thing has a strong foothold in my system, and I'm confident its stronghold is in my prostate.

Unfortunately, taking pharma grade anti-fungals may cause serious problems because of all the other drugs I took that didn't work and just wreaked havoc on me.

I have experimented with all sorts of drugs, herbs, and supplements over the years.

I did take pharmaceutical anti-fungals earlier this year and they worked well, but I couldn't tolerate them much.

Since then the most effective thing I've taken has been anti-candida supplements. I'm taking one called candex (enzymes thats prohibit growth) and another thats some exotic acid extract called undecylinc acid. Both have helped a lot with brain fog, but the underlying infection is quite clearly still going on.

I've tried all the popular type of stuff, like olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed, allicin, oregano oil, berberin, silver and more. Also tried this new zealand herb called horopito that helped a bit but not much, and a couple of stephen buhner herbs that are more rare - minimal effect. TCM herbs didn't help.

I'm hoping some dao warriors could provide their battle tested solutions for candida, and aid me in accomplishing the heroic feat I need in order to pass this sphinx that has destroyed me in so many ways.

Cut out sugar. Like, properly. Including all of the things that contain sugar or turn directly into sugar i.e.  grains, flour, pasta etc. Give it 100 days and see where that gets you.

There is a good article (not candida-specific) on the no-sugar process here. Actually the proper 'good' article is linked from that one and you can go direct here.

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1

@RobBI don't eat much carbs except rice. I haven't eaten white sugar or anything close to it in well over a decade. I fundamentally don't believe cutting sugar kills candida, although I'm sure it may assist.

I was taking a regular dose of pharma anti-fungal and that didn't do much damage, I only had reduction in symptoms at the max recommended dose. If the regular dose of something that confirms kills candida doesnt do it, and only the max dose does - it makes me quite suspicious of the you must not eat any sugar to beat candida hypothesis. I've also heard from a doctor that regularly treats candida that agreed with my suspicions about it helping but not being an absolute requirement.

@daojones - sounds rough. I've had 'no sugar' periods recommended to me but it sounds like your lifestyle already has that covered. Have you had a formal diagnosis? It looks like there are a number of varieties of candida - some fairly drug-resistant.

@JohnC

21 hours ago, daojones said:

I'm taking one called candex (enzymes thats prohibit growth) and another thats some exotic acid extract called undecylinc acid.

As mentioned above, i'm taking undecylinic acid and in particular that Thorne SF-722 (i think its the only one out there).

It definitely has helped, but the issue i'm having with it is that its like eating led. I've been really slowly working my way up to a higher dosage, but its tough. I've just gotten to 2 pills 3x per day and its just killed my appetite because its so heavy. I've tried taking inulin with it and if i time it right with the right dosage it def helps some, but ya still a slog.

Any ideas on how to handle the SF-77/undeclynic acid better? I also have no idea why it helps GI stuff, let alone candida. Is there anything synergistic to take with it for GI health or candida?

@RobBI wish I had a formal diagnosis, but this was discovered via year of trial and error. Had extensive testing, didnt find anything.

@daojones

Most likely your issue is not candida but in fact a poorly functioning thyroid. This is very commonly seen in clinical practice within functional medicine. What are your symptoms that make you think you have candida? 

Edited by anshino23

@anshino23
The drugs that stopped my symptoms were anti-fungal. I also responded to antibiotics, but not as well.

I followed it up with anti-candida supplements to see if that helped and they did.

My symptoms are not straightforward. I have pre-existing conditions that got way worse all of a sudden, and I couldn't figure out why. Eventually I started trying antibiotics and they helped, so that led me down the road to check out infections. The infection made my pre-existing symptoms waaaaay worse like neuro symptoms and prostate issues. I've been clawing at this problem like a madman for years. I have very bad ptsd right now because of this and other collateral damage I don't want to go into.

I don't think its a thyroid issue. Pretty sure I checked that out a few years ago, but open to ideas. What should I do to check thyroid? I have seen functional medicine doctors.

I am using combucha, kefir and coconut butter, and lost the sympthoms for 2 years as of now. Did you try them? But they never completely die, and pop up when I take carbs from wheat based grains for a few days.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:44 AM, daojones said:

Pretty sure I checked that out a few years ago, but open to ideas.

Hi daojones,

Have you tried meditation on your first chakra...?

1465534.gif

Open your mind

- Anand

@daojones

No formal diagnosis, worsened by infections, and medicines that (probably) have an anti-inflammatory effect alleviates some of the problems. 

Question: Do you by any chance have a long list of symptoms, most of which are unexplained? 

Sleep issues? 

@Cleansox There are formal diagnoses, but they are broadly just indicating systemic inflammation, which is true. 

No sleep issues. I do have a bunch of symptoms, but I have a good idea as to why they are occurring. Of course the body has its secrets...

On 2021-05-12 at 5:28 AM, daojones said:

@CleansoxOf course the body has its secrets...

I'm going to rant a bit, so it's probably a good post to ignore 😁

One of the causes of chronic low-grade inflammation is a dysregulated autonomic nervous system. One of the major causes of a dysregulated ANS is tough life experiences, from attachment-related childhood issues all the way up to life threatening trauma. 

This form a background for medically unexplained symptoms, which for the sake of argument might include medically explained symptoms that doesn't respond to treatment. 

Treatment? 

Well, some of it is mentioned above: 

Cut carbs, replace with veggies, and take probiotics until they actually take hold in the intestines. 

Parallell with that, a serious amount of traditional energetic work on multiple levels does have an anti-inflammatory effect while at the same time rebuilding the function of the Default Mode, Salience, and Central Executive Networks. 

Totally agree about the nervous system issues.

Unfortunately, I've been doing that kind of treatment and much much more for many years with no results, although not sure I can comment on if I've done: 

rebuilding the function of the Default Mode, Salience, and Central Executive Networks.

Boron is supposed to be good for the prostate. Check out The Boron Conspiracy online, and have a look at Dr. Jorge Flechas' YouTube on boron. Haven't followed it re candida, but it kills all the baddies.  It's cheap and you can DIY.

On 16.3.2021 at 8:44 PM, daojones said:

I don't think its a thyroid issue. Pretty sure I checked that out a few years ago, but open to ideas. What should I do to check thyroid? I have seen functional medicine doctors.

If your TSH >1.3 in a morning test most likely your thyroid functioning is unoptimised. You can add free T3 and free T4 to the test as well. If you want to be really sure, get anti-thyroidperoxidase enzymes as well. 

The thing about candida is that it grows in low body temperature. Try to measure your body temperature using an ear thermometer (a high quality one). If it's consistently around 36.3-36.6 then no doubt you will have issues with digestion and metabolism, including things like candida overgrowth. If it's 36.6-37.0 generally then your thyroid is most likely doing well. 

On 16.3.2021 at 8:44 PM, daojones said:

My symptoms are not straightforward. I have pre-existing conditions that got way worse all of a sudden, and I couldn't figure out why. Eventually I started trying antibiotics and they helped, so that led me down the road to check out infections. The infection made my pre-existing symptoms waaaaay worse like neuro symptoms and prostate issues. I've been clawing at this problem like a madman for years. I have very bad ptsd right now because of this and other collateral damage I don't want to go into.

I am still not sure what your actual symptoms related to the prostate are. Can you be more specific? Do you have a weak urine stream, do you have after-dribble, do you have pain when urinating or ejaculating? What sort of symptoms?

I am a licensed medical doctor so I am speaking directly from experience these questions are part and parcel in evaluating prostate issues. In fact we use something called IPSS to evaluate prostate issues as a questionnaire. Attached here below for your information. 

Also, a good thing to test is your PSA and to get a thorough medical examination including a digital rectal examination. I hope this helps. 

image.thumb.png.345999f14c7f7914a3fbb90185325a4d.png

DISCLAIMER: INFORMATION IN THIS POST IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ADVICE PROVIDED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE INFORMATION IN THIS POST FOR DIAGNOSING OR TREATING A HEALTH PROBLEM OR DISEASE, OR PRESCRIBING ANY MEDICATION OR OTHER TREATMENT.