Shadao

Systems/Methods for seeds and trees

I reckon people must be tired of seeing me starting so many threads with questions and such by now -.-'

But whay can I say?A curious mind breeds a deep thirst for knowledge.

I have been browsing the site a bit in-between my reading time, and was checking about systems/methods(does it make a difference which word is it?).

Question(preferably for those with some experience under their belt):

Based on what you know or experienced, what would be one(1) system/method you would definitely recomend for beginners, and what would be one(1) system/method you would recomend for more experienced people?

Take note though, we are taking into consideration the following:

-Time needed for the practice(it can be done in few minutes per day or does it require up to hours?Can you do it anywhere or it has to follow specific "protocols/rules"?)

-Resources, as well as their availability(How easy is it to find about it?Is it paid, free or "it depends"?Does it have all information or part of it?)

-Learnability(Does it require learning from a master?How far can a person go on their own?How easy or hard is it to absorb the knowledge/teachings(be by yourself or through a master)?)

-Results(Are they noticeable or subtle?How long should it take to see them?Are they as "advertised"?)

ps: This time I am not asking for myself(already have my picks of systems/methods), I am just truly curious about it.

• Like 2

You can get so many perspectives here.  It depends on what you want to develop.

What is a master?  In my opinion, it would be someone who has found the truth through introspection.

But that has nothing to do with practice.  My path, for example, didn't emerge through qigong or eastern methods.  So a master to another Bum could be something else entirely.  It seems like there are two different 'goals' that manifest here.  One could want to become a master at some modality, and hopefully a full practice of that modality would lead to enlightenment.  The other method, as I see it, is to seek out the impediments to clarity within ourselves, which will always end up in enlightenment if we're fearless and thorough.    And I know there are some here that do both - and when you find that, it's really awesome.

What is meant by 'beginner'?  I doubt that anybody that is attracted by this website is a beginner at all.  The answers are already within us, it's just a question of getting down to them.  One could follow the question 'Who Am I?' all the way to the center.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, manitou said:

You can get so many perspectives here.  It depends on what you want to develop.

What is a master?  In my opinion, it would be someone who has found the truth through introspection.

But that has nothing to do with practice.  My path, for example, didn't emerge through qigong or eastern methods.  So a master to another Bum could be something else entirely.  It seems like there are two different 'goals' that manifest here.  One could want to become a master at some modality, and hopefully a full practice of that modality would lead to enlightenment.  The other method, as I see it, is to seek out the impediments to clarity within ourselves, which will always end up in enlightenment if we're fearless and thorough.    And I know there are some here that do both - and when you find that, it's really awesome.

What is meant by 'beginner'?  I doubt that anybody that is attracted by this website is a beginner at all.  The answers are already within us, it's just a question of getting down to them.  One could follow the question 'Who Am I?' all the way to the center.

I don't intend to be rude but this answered no part of the question asked.

Also I never said "master" but "more experienced people", as you can have some decent experience enough to not be considered a beginner that knows next to nothing, but still not be a "master" as being called such implies that you are at the pinnacle of your learning, in my opinion.

Borrowing from Mark Twain, Its better to keep ones mouth shut, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You seem to know the answer to your question. So why ask it?

2 hours ago, Knowthing said:

Also I never said "master" but "more experienced people", as you can have some decent experience enough to not be considered a beginner that knows next to nothing, but still not be a "master" as being called such implies that you are at the pinnacle of your learning, in my opinion.

Someone who has absorbed the practices intellectually and come to their own opinion about the "best way" could lead you on a lifetime of practices, seeking unsuccessfully. 

Someone who understands the nature of reality could say the right thing and you might get it.

If you were lost would you want a guy who had read tons of maps, but had never been to your destination, or someone who made it there and could go back at any moment?

In truth NO practice enlightens. The simplest practice is simply letting the mind rest in its own nature in my opinion - but most will need a much more convoluted path so that they feel they are "doing" something. The path and opportunities you need will present themselves if you are paying attention and avail yourself of them.

Edited by stirling
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, natural said:

Borrowing from Mark Twain, Its better to keep ones mouth shut, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You seem to know the answer to your question. So why ask it?

I wrote it in the end of my post, this isn't for me(as I already have my picks), this is mere curiosity.

I'm a curious person, I can't help it I crave knowledge, and the fastest way to sate one's curiosity(bar searching for the answers through an extensive research) is by asking those that know.

Is it wrong?

17 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

I'm still not used to "forum speak", what posting "." alone means?

17 hours ago, stirling said:

Someone who has absorbed the practices intellectually and come to their own opinion about the "best way" could lead you on a lifetime of practices, seeking unsuccessfully. 

Someone who understands the nature of reality could say the right thing and you might get it.

If you were lost would you want a guy who had read tons of maps, but had never been to your destination, or someone who made it there and could go back at any moment?

In truth NO practice enlightens. The simplest practice is simply letting the mind rest in its own nature in my opinion - but most will need a much more convoluted path so that they feel they are "doing" something. The path and opportunities you need will present themselves if you are paying attention and avail yourself of them.

Sorry but this also do not answers the question, although I get the point you are trying to make here.

Again, my question is based not on me looking for the answers for myself to go seek these paths, but only because I am curious.Simple as that.

21 hours ago, Knowthing said:

So sorry it didn't answer any part of the question.

My suggestion to you would be to keep a beginner's mind.  Sometimes folks say they keep a beginners mind but sometimes that's just false humility.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 8:42 AM, Shadao said:

one(1) system/method you would definitely recomend for beginners

Fragrant qigong, or Flying Phoenix

On 3/15/2021 at 8:42 AM, Shadao said:

one(1) system/method you would recomend for more experienced people?

Neigong as taught by Rudi, or more Flying Phoenix as part of the greater Doo Wai systems.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:01 PM, Shadao said:

I'm still not used to "forum speak", what posting "." alone means?

It's for when a person deletes their post.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:01 PM, Shadao said:

I'm a curious person, I can't help it I crave knowledge, and the fastest way to sate one's curiosity(bar searching for the answers through an extensive research) is by asking those that know.

Is it wrong?

Nope, not wrong. Unfortunately, this forum and its opposite end of the political spectrum, OD, is more for casual discussion rather than serious research, which is more aligned with what we do at AG.

This forum is more casual conversations from people who enjoy some ideas and misunderstanding, and some serious people who pop in to help. OD is more textual study, with some people and their dubious translations or understanding. AG is not a casual place at all, though I believe it may be too quiet for some since it's more instructional and people get right to the point.

Edited by Earl Grey