Sign in to follow this  
helpfuldemon

My philosophy

Posted (edited)
Its taken me all of my 48 years to be able to understand, and put into words, what I think life is about. When I was younger I had lots of ideas but in retrospect, I think that many of them were weak or flawed. I had a lot of ideas, but not many bore fruit. 20 years ago I was touched by God in a way that I believe was a challenge: discover wisdom or die. I think that I have come to this now, as I feel stable and calm, and am not being afflicted for my beliefs. I share with you now.

Have you ever watched baby videos? Kids want joy, and when something is off, they get upset. A kid is playing and does something the parent thinks is dangerous or wrong and they react in a shocking way to the child, and the child cries. They cry because they were told no, or because something is wrong. Kids want love and good, and that is how mankind is. However, we also want what we want, and we dont always know the good way to get it, and so we break with the love that we want and do something evil.

What is Good and Evil? I say it like this: there is a baseline of how things should be, and if you follow it, you are fine among the masses, but I reserve the word Good for something higher. The baseline for how things should be is; do not harm and do not obstruct. Unless someone is harming or obstructing, do not do these things. Evil is to harm or obstruct. Harming someone comes in many forms, and as we get older in this complicated world there are many ways we harm others. Do not steal from them, do not degrade them, do not damage their reputation, do not physically harm them. Do nothing to prevent them from their health and their wealth. Do this and you will make no enemies, and society will run smoothly. Do not obstruct a person as they make their choices, unless what they are choosing to harm or obstructs others. Should this happen we must take action.

That is the baseline of civil actions, but what is Good? Good goes beyond this, and into a place of sacrifice. Good is giving without asking for return. Good is helping someone with their task and duties. Good is a blessing of aid. Good is special.

I truly believe that life is the journey of a soul on the way to the baseline. Good is special, and I believe it is rewarded in life, and in Heaven.
Edited by helpfuldemon

Ive spent many months, years contemplating life and enduring the hardship of poverty and illness.  Ive realized that much of life is desire, and that much of it is fleeting.  That doesnt mean I dont want it though, just means that Ive realized that you need very little in life to survive.  Is life merely survival?  For me it is.

Sign in to follow this