Sign in to follow this  
helpfuldemon

My philosophy

Its taken me all of my 48 years to be able to understand, and put into words, what I think life is about. When I was younger I had lots of ideas but in retrospect, I think that many of them were weak or flawed. I had a lot of ideas, but not many bore fruit. 20 years ago I was touched by God in a way that I believe was a challenge: discover wisdom or die. I think that I have come to this now, as I feel stable and calm, and am not being afflicted for my beliefs. I share with you now.

Have you ever watched baby videos? Kids want joy, and when something is off, they get upset. A kid is playing and does something the parent thinks is dangerous or wrong and they react in a shocking way to the child, and the child cries. They cry because they were told no, or because something is wrong. Kids want love and good, and that is how mankind is. However, we also want what we want, and we dont always know the good way to get it, and so we break with the love that we want and do something evil.

What is Good and Evil? I say it like this: there is a baseline of how things should be, and if you follow it, you are fine among the masses, but I reserve the word Good for something higher. The baseline for how things should be is; do not harm and do not obstruct. Unless someone is harming or obstructing, do not do these things. Evil is to harm or obstruct. Harming someone comes in many forms, and as we get older in this complicated world there are many ways we harm others. Do not steal from them, do not degrade them, do not damage their reputation, do not physically harm them. Do nothing to prevent them from their health and their wealth. Do this and you will make no enemies, and society will run smoothly. Do not obstruct a person as they make their choices, unless what they are choosing to harm or obstructs others. Should this happen we must take action.

That is the baseline of civil actions, but what is Good? Good goes beyond this, and into a place of sacrifice. Good is giving without asking for return. Good is helping someone with their task and duties. Good is a blessing of aid. Good is special.

I truly believe that life is the journey of a soul on the way to the baseline. Good is special, and I believe it is rewarded in life, and in Heaven.
Edited by helpfuldemon
  • Like 1

Ive spent many months, years contemplating life and enduring the hardship of poverty and illness.  Ive realized that much of life is desire, and that much of it is fleeting.  That doesnt mean I dont want it though, just means that Ive realized that you need very little in life to survive.  Is life merely survival?  For me it is.

From all my back and forth with Nungali about Do What Thou Wilt shall be the whole of the law, I have refined my understanding of free will and God and the Universe to the point where I can now say that this is the Law, which is to say that there basically is no law.

No law?  Look around: is God policing this place?  Are people free to do what they will?  

It's possible that there are gods and spirits that punish us and aid us, but of that we cannot be certain.  I think it best advice to believe this is true, and to do the right thing.  I don't, however, believe that we are limited by laws from God.  

I believe that we get what we give, and should we live a life of Evil, we will find opposition to it in this world, and the after world. 

While I don't think there are any spiritual or Divine Laws that govern mankind, I do acknowledge that mankind needs laws, and I have laid out what I believe to be the base of them above.  

We are free to do what we will, but remember; you get what you give.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

.. you get what you give.

:lol: Ha, ha, you wish. :P E.g. Frère Roger, founder of the Taizé Community, got murdered. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Roger 

Edited by Cobie

One good turn  ...... deserves punishment  . It  often seems  . But I found a sneaky way to get around that ;

You help people, on the sly, without them knowing who did it ... then they dont know who to punish for it !

Works a treat .....   Mwa ha ha haaar !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I can't believe all the struggle I went through only to have this small bit of wisdom.  Before the God, or spirit, or whatever it was came to me, I was a good person, I had things in line mostly.  I wasn't educated in wisdom or worldly things, but I had a functional perspective.  My perspective now is bleaker, but it is more open to possibility.  I understand science now, where I didn't before.  My perspective is more mature now, and I see things that I otherwise overlooked.  It shouldn't have taken this long to come to, though.  

Edited by helpfuldemon

14 minutes ago, helpfuldemon said:

Before the God, or spirit, or whatever it was came to me, I was a good person, I had things in line mostly.

How do you know that whatever came to you is good?

Anyways demon, seems like perhaps you had some realizations but skipped one important step in the process. The one of finding happiness.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mcoolio said:

How do you know that whatever came to you is good?

Anyways demon, seems like perhaps you had some realizations but skipped one important step in the process. The one of finding happiness.

It wasn't good, it was a destroyer.  All of the things that I predicted were destructive, and what it did to me was very harmful, which is why I didn't find happiness; pain keeps happiness from you.  I was very happy before, I had found happiness, but this God took it all away to torture me.  Now I am no longer being tortured too much, but I don't have happiness, I have peace, which is better than torture.

I will never understand why this spirit contacted me.  It's not like this happens a lot.  And to speak!  It's crazy.  

I was having a conversation about good and evil, and the person on the other side of it was saying "What's good for you isn't necessarily good for me" and I was reaching up with my mind to understand how that could be.  I thought "Love is what is good, doesn't he want love?" and then this spirit entered my body and reached for a pen with my hand and drew out a diamond shaped symbol on the paper that was there, and left.  

6 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

It wasn't good, it was a destroyer.  All of the things that I predicted were destructive, and what it did to me was very harmful, which is why I didn't find happiness; pain keeps happiness from you.  I was very happy before, I had found happiness, but this God took it all away to torture me.  Now I am no longer being tortured too much, but I don't have happiness, I have peace, which is better than torture.

I hope this trend continues for you  and you do come to find happiness .

Posted (edited)

The key to enlightenment is Chaos, for all the world holds all the modes of thought and all the perspectives that can be attained.  There is no "one truth" when it comes to the way things are.  For some, it is suffering.  For others, it is love.  For some, it is anger and violence.  That is why the law is Do What Thou Wilt.  There is no "True Will", there is only Will, and what you believe to be true at the time.

Edited by helpfuldemon

From a Divine perspective, we live by animal laws:  animals steal, they mate, they kill, they eat their kill.  Higher morality as based on love is a fabrication of the intellect that is not natural to us.  It is not in line with nature, or the Divine.  And yet we try...

To think about God and Gods plan and what the Gods do is madness.  It should be simple enough to look around at the natural world and see that what I say is truth.  It should be simple enough to realize that when we call on God, no one answers.  Either God is not watching, or He won't act.  This isn't to say that the Gods don't do things, but to know what they do and why is impossible.  It should be simple enough to see that God doesn't stop war or murder, or punish thieves.  So what do the Gods do?  IDK.  IDK why they act at all, probably boredom, or maybe they have pets that they like to play with.  It isn't really within our capacity to understand an eternal, immortal creature such as God, with the power that we would assume God to possess, should He be the Creator.  

• Sad 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:39 AM, helpfuldemon said:
Its taken me all of my 48 years to be able to understand, and put into words, what I think life is about. When I was younger I had lots of ideas but in retrospect, I think that many of them were weak or flawed. I had a lot of ideas, but not many bore fruit. 20 years ago I was touched by God in a way that I believe was a challenge: discover wisdom or die. I think that I have come to this now, as I feel stable and calm, and am not being afflicted for my beliefs. I share with you now.

Have you ever watched baby videos? Kids want joy, and when something is off, they get upset. A kid is playing and does something the parent thinks is dangerous or wrong and they react in a shocking way to the child, and the child cries. They cry because they were told no, or because something is wrong. Kids want love and good, and that is how mankind is. However, we also want what we want, and we dont always know the good way to get it, and so we break with the love that we want and do something evil.

What is Good and Evil? I say it like this: there is a baseline of how things should be, and if you follow it, you are fine among the masses, but I reserve the word Good for something higher. The baseline for how things should be is; do not harm and do not obstruct. Unless someone is harming or obstructing, do not do these things. Evil is to harm or obstruct. Harming someone comes in many forms, and as we get older in this complicated world there are many ways we harm others. Do not steal from them, do not degrade them, do not damage their reputation, do not physically harm them. Do nothing to prevent them from their health and their wealth. Do this and you will make no enemies, and society will run smoothly. Do not obstruct a person as they make their choices, unless what they are choosing to harm or obstructs others. Should this happen we must take action.

That is the baseline of civil actions, but what is Good? Good goes beyond this, and into a place of sacrifice. Good is giving without asking for return. Good is helping someone with their task and duties. Good is a blessing of aid. Good is special.

I truly believe that life is the journey of a soul on the way to the baseline. Good is special, and I believe it is rewarded in life, and in Heaven.

...thanks for sharing Demon.  

Here is my philosophy:

1. Life or existence everywhere as we know it - exists only as an endless present moment.  

2. That endless moment is infinite.  

3. It is infinite because it can't be measured.

4. The endless present moment includes all of us and everything else in the entire universe.

5. There is a structure of how things come to be, sustain themselves, and how things cease to be within the endless moment - those are called "metaphysical laws". The building blocks of reality are everywhere and are always active.

6.  That structure is not chaotic, it is utterly perfect and organized - because if it weren't things would look very different.  

7. Constructive and positive forces generate things, destructive and divine energies divide them.  Both exist in harmony to generate all that is and to propel evolution forward. 

8. There are many different types of incarnated beings in this world.  What they actually are underneath their physical form is an eternal spark of awareness.

9. The purpose of human life is to be successful, learn as much as we can, enjoy ourselves, and spread the truth.  What truly brings a human joy and satisfaction?  The purpose of living is to live your life, no one else can.  

10. The purpose of existence is to provide spirits an opportunity to experience existence happily, because the unity of existence can be thought of as possessing it's own identity which includes everything in it.  The unity of existence wants to be happy and evolve,  and so everyone else desires it as well.  

Sign in to follow this