Zorro Dantes

Despite the Seemingly Chaotic External Existence Feels like Cusp of a Golden Age, You Guys Think So?

We already ARE in a golden age.  Look around.  Modern convieniences have made this an age of less labor and longer lifespan.  The only thing that would make this more golden is instant transportation, like teleportation.

• Thanks 1

the cusp ?  The darkest hour is before dawn and that until that incredibly gigantic mountain of karma is dealt with and passed through hold on to your sanity and the Holy Spirit!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

We already ARE in a golden age.  Look around.  Modern convieniences have made this an age of less labor and longer lifespan.  The only thing that would make this more golden is instant transportation, like teleportation.

A book I was reading delved into this (Everything is F*CKED by Mark Manson), that we are more comfortable than ever, but also more anxious and depressed.  The Paradox of Comfort is going on.  Without meaning and real struggle we blow minutiae out of proportions and make ourselves crazy.  

We are a society aiming at the wrong targets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something that I think is important in this age is to censor what you take in.  All around us in the media are arguments over what people say and do, and its things we cannot change or even have any business of knowing about.  Theres also a lot of information to digest otherwise, and it can be a little overwhelming to our sense of stability and mental health.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RobB said:

Could go either way...

that's great odds!  isn't it strange how so far 2021 has played out like cards? ah, the fascists ook the house and folded! Lost everything giving away their hand! and the federale response..."Why I oughta!" 

What it's proven is that the people we fear as the oppressors on all sides...are incompetent in achieving those ends as oppressors. Clearly, a non-mastery wielding of energy if you ask me...patterns baby.

19 hours ago, old3bob said:

the cusp ?  The darkest hour is before dawn and that until that incredibly gigantic mountain of karma is dealt with and passed through hold on to your sanity and the Holy Spirit!

This is totally true...we shan't be lost in the dark and falling to our doom  whilst illuminating, well said

Definitely feels like we've passed a threshold into a new age. Wouldn't say it is better or worse, just different. Seeing existing structures being broken down, there's bound to be a bit of chaos as the new challenges the old. While the next year or two might be a bit bumpy, I'm sure we'll come out the other side with a new version of the normal.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:00 PM, Zorro Dantes said:

I don't know bout anybody else...but that's just me...

It is you....

It is harder to cultivate now than 30 or 40 years ago.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Zork said:

It is you....

It is harder to cultivate now than 30 or 40 years ago.

I'm all on board with the difficulties of cultivation, having increased dramatically. maybe i'm at a unique advantage working that angle being out in the middle of nowhere...

But  I sincerely hope i'm not the only one who sees the patterns Zork... that's inconceivable!! 

Plus I'm just calling it man...no civil war this year at least, I'm an Indian and made the point of striking up a few conversations with some  Montana Militia fellas both of whom i thought were some sausage-making skinheads...couldn't be more wrong, they put it beautifully...

"Anybody who wants a race war in the united states has no regard for their own family"

I even got invited to go get wasted on chokecherry moonshine. It being red-state Montana and me a progressive...I'm feeling very reassured of things... granted I can't see the future, the present should feel very precious concerning gains in cultivation. its been pretty sacred feeling for sure

Edited by Zorro Dantes

Ever since 2019 changed into 2020 I have been living with a feeling of "something is coming and it's both good and bad".

I hate not knowing if it's more good or more bad(nor HOW good or bad it'll be).I hate this uncertainty and I never really felt like this before.

Edited by Knowthing
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its been a noncompromising 2 for 1 that's for sure...it is rather strange Knowthing, but if I racked up and took on score all the bad and weighed it against all the good that has happened to me...its been good that's gone almost hand in hand with the bad. I don't think I could judge it in terms of having a good time or having a bad time. 

3 hours ago, Knowthing said:

I hate this uncertainty and I never really felt like this before.

That's uncannily accurate for me as well...its been like reality jumped up into space, and everything is so far up in the air it feels like it's not going to come back down...I strongly agree. At the same time though, I can't complain I've been surviving comfortably and only recently got rehired...I feel blessed you guys really really blessed, I hope the rest of you guys are surviving comfortably as well.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 6:12 AM, Zorro Dantes said:

But  I sincerely hope i'm not the only one who sees the patterns Zork... that's inconceivable!! 

I can see patterns all right but I don't see any Golden age coming (this comes from someones who sensed things going wrong at the start of 2016 and 2020). Usually stuff like that happens after years of peace that have other prerequisites (good economic and social environment worldwide) or peace that occurs after a major conflict. The prerequisites aren't there so it is either a major war happening or the golden age won't arrive.

4 hours ago, Zork said:

I can see patterns all right but I don't see any Golden age coming (this comes from someones who sensed things going wrong at the start of 2016 and 2020). Usually stuff like that happens after years of peace that have other prerequisites (good economic and social environment worldwide) or peace that occurs after a major conflict. The prerequisites aren't there so it is either a major war happening or the golden age won't arrive.

Maybe its time to think outside of historys paradigm and think into a new dimension?  Not all of the world has to follow the same story.  We live in pretty sturdy economic times and weve had quite a big share of peace, considering how world altering past wars have been.   A Golden Age doesnt have to come after a terrible time.  I really feel this age is golden, myself.  Weve made the technological advances that let me live comfortably and safe.

2 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

Maybe its time to think outside of historys paradigm and think into a new dimension?

eh...No! This is the exact mentality that will get us there ASAP. You remind me of some communists divorced from reality who, when asked about why communism won't fail here when it has failed everywhere, everytime propose that it will be different this time. No it won't.

The reason is simple, people are the same everywhere and expecting something to turn out a different result when the set parameters are the same is the very definition of stupidity as the saying goes.

Golden Age doesnt have to come after a terrible time.

yes it does which is unfortunate. you are ignorant of the cyclical nature of history which is also understood by Taoists and Buddhists alike.

If time wasn't like that nobody would care about Plato's Republic or Thucidides' works yet the latter is talked about even in the highest echelons of US goverment. If history doesn't repeat itself it would be pointless.

I really feel this age is golden, myself.  Weve made the technological advances that let me live comfortably and safe.

you live in a bubble. This world has gotten worse the last 30 years in every conceivable way.

Edited by Zork

On 09/03/2021 at 9:00 PM, Zorro Dantes said:

I don't know bout anybody else...but that's just me...

I agree with you.

I have been studying this question for a long time from a perspective of astrology and historical metaphysics. The intellectually and intuitively most satisfying scheme I was eventually able to identify is the one proposed by Gaston Georgel, which is an extension of the work of the famous metaphysicist René Guénon. 

Georgel suggests an ever repeating sequence of four world ages or yugas (Golden, Silver, Bronze, Iron), which is quite in line with both the ancient Greek and the Hindu view. They relate to each other length-wise according to the proportions 4:3:2:1. At the same time, they tie in with the progression of the twelve astrological ages of 2.160 years duration each.

Furthermore, each of the four ages can be subdivided into four phases in its own right in an analogous manner.

Comparing this time scheme to known and assumed stages of history yields numerous fascinating insights, ranging all the way back to humanity's lost civilizations such as Atlantis.

According to Georgel, both the Age of Aquarius and a new Golden Age are indeed about to begin, with the year 2030 marking the threshould. In fact, this will be the start of a whole new manvantara of 64.800 years.

Hopefully the following graph will make the overall conception easy to understand. 

Screenshot-2019-04-09-04-17-17.png

• Thanks 2

Ask yourself:

"How are things in a 10 foot/10 second radius?"

Without recourse to stories about your past or the possible future, or imaginings about how things in far off places are going, how are things now/here?

Suffering is always our resistance to what is happening in this moment, and our clinging and aversion around our stories about the past and future. It IS possible to feel compassion for those that suffer in non-local locations without identifying with that suffering locally. It is worth exploring: Is it possible that our stories about what is happening in the world outside of our now/here bubble are the principle drivers of our dour or hopeful prognostications, rather than our more tangible local observations?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sure, things look pretty sweet from my little nest, but for someone leaving their family in Honduras and heading north, or say, someone living under the thumb of the Taliban, maybe not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Feral said:

Sure, things look pretty sweet from my little nest, but for someone leaving their family in Honduras and heading north, or say, someone living under the thumb of the Taliban, maybe not so much. 

Indeed .   'The Golden Age' appears everywhen   .... now and then  ..... for some and not others .

Everything looks nice and golden out the front

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqGo5N594B-w5_X1vGAQh

But out the back ;

B339365_Slaves-working-on-a-plantation-i

Or, for those that prefer a modern perspective ;

0*OZ9aa5ibHuUWZSqp.jpg

20130808-DAILYSTAR.jpg

• Like 3

Every cat has the capacity of reaching golden age and beyond...bakeneko baby. From what know about cats. Cats are cool. Cats are able to survive circumstances. Monsters on the other hand...Do monsters typically engage in apprehensive behavior of biblical proportions? What occurred on Jan 6th was as disgusting and anticlimactic as Chris Griffin vs Mr.Herbert on Family Guy...