aytac

Aytaç from Turkey

Hello from Turkey

I have some knowledge about Western Mystery Traditions and from now on I want to become a Taoist to be 'wiser' (?). I did not read any Taoist texts yet. So I am a beginner who needs to do the very basics. Any suggestions are welcome. 

I want to live a simple life, etc. I am 33yo.

Hi attached,

Your account is approved. Welcome to the bums.

Please make sure you’re familiar with the three topics pinned at the top of this sub forum regarding rules and guidelines.

warm regards,

ilu

2 hours ago, aytac said:

Hello from Turkey

I have some knowledge about Western Mystery Traditions and from now on I want to become a Taoist to be 'wiser' (?). I did not read any Taoist texts yet. So I am a beginner who needs to do the very basics. Any suggestions are welcome. 

I want to live a simple life, etc. I am 33yo.

Hello .    What  Western Mystery Traditions interested you ?

( I have found some interesting correlations between some of the knowledge within them and within  Daosim )

I would suggest the basic text first .

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/dec/27/comfort-reading-tao-te-ching-laozi

15 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Hello .    What  Western Mystery Traditions interested you ?

( I have found some interesting correlations between some of the knowledge within them and within  Daosim )

I would suggest the basic text first .

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/dec/27/comfort-reading-tao-te-ching-laozi

I was a member of Hermetic Order of Golden Dawn once. Later on I went LHP and became a member of Dragon Rouge. Then I stopped working with orders. For a long while I was a solitary practitioner. 

Thank you for the suggestion, I will look at it!

Edited by aytac
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, aytac said:

I was a member of Hermetic Order of Golden Dawn once. Later on I went LHP and became a member of Dragon Rouge. Then I stopped working with orders. For a long while I was a solitary practitioner. 

Taoism is for you.  It has varied paths.  The philosophical side can offer you wisdom in life, as in @Nungali's link.  The cultivation side is also popular here.  Yet one of the 2 main factions of Taoist - the Zheng Yi, is similar to what you practice in the past, like rituals, ceremonies, divination, spirit relations, communications with heavenly court and so on, is not really in this forum.