Encephalon

Just started up Tidal Wave Chi kung again -

Practiced the 30 minute daily practice for a couple of years before my child was born - (then everything but parenthood stopped!). But after ten days I can feel the meridians opening up again.  What can I say - it works for me.  I still throw in Embrace Tree for 15 minutes beforehand. 

Works better if you're not a moron. I know from personal experience. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've heard mixed things about Clyman. Please continue to share your results as your training progresses. 

Edited by RiverSnake

It seems that just about anything you could say about Clyman is true.  My instructor recognizes his talent beneath the bravado; his chi kung is powerful.  If you grab a copy of T'ai Chi Classics by Waysun Liao, Clyman's original teacher, you'll see where he got his ideas.  

My first round back in the late 2000s was successful, and I've had conversations here in TTB where it has been observed that once you open up your meridians and can direct chi with your mind, and then stop, the ability doesn't go away entirely; it sort of falls into a dormant state.  So I'm happy with my progress  in a week and a half.

Millions of people admired Bruce Lee.  He was an arrogant dragon but created something of value for the world.  I guess I treat Clyman the same way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I saw the course on his crappy, amateur, very poor quality video transferred to DVD. It consists of a static position he calls stickman while you visualize chi going to certain places and you have to think of multiple things at the same time. Doing this for 3 hours would drive me crazy so I made no attempt to try to learn it.

I agree that people should not confuse this method with the abrasive, inflated ego of Gary Clyman. It is based on Waysun Liao's methods and Gary probably tweaked it. And why it is so expensive is probably based on ego and greed. 

• Like 3

Stay far away from Clyman. His material is not safe imho. If it doesn’t mess you up energetically it’ll mess your mind up. 

• Like 4

C'mon, @dwai, you were here when the threads on the subject was written. Classic Mo Pai threads, full of insults and "my dad is bigger than your dad". 

I browsed through one of them just the other day, looking for entertainment. 

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

I browsed through one of them just the other day, looking for entertainment. 

Looking towards your "best of" list then. You can even do a troll and entertainment commentary as much as you do for Neidan.

• Like 1

I would be careful not to judge the effectiveness of Clayman's methods with the personality of Clayman. 

People would not be paying him big dollars for things that don't work. Remember, Clyman did not create the Stick Man method. A very well known Tai Chi-Qigong master in Chicago area brought out this method. He was Clyman's teacher. Waysun Lao. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:31 AM, tao stillness said:

I would be careful not to judge the effectiveness of Clayman's methods with the personality of Clayman. 

People would not be paying him big dollars for things that don't work. Remember, Clyman did not create the Stick Man method. A very well known Tai Chi-Qigong master in Chicago area brought out this method. He was Clyman's teacher. Waysun Lao. 

Clyman was never Master Liao's student. He was Ron Hoffman's student and was disowned by Ron eventually. As far as the "stick man method" is concerned -- it is not how condensing breathing is taught in Waysun Liao's system. Doing condensing breathing prematurely will result in all sorts of problems. Over the years, my teacher has had to help heal some of Clyman's former students who were damaged from practicing incorrectly (as taught by Clyman). 

• Like 5

Good information to know, thank you for the corrections of my understanding. 

I have heard of Ron Hoffman. 

I knew someone who had the Tidal Wave video and I tried the method for a few minutes and knew that it was very unpleasant to perform and never tried it again. Hard to believe that in the past it has been hijacked form Clyman, repackaged, and then sold for several thousand dollars per DVD in some foreign countries. 

• Like 1