rex

Points of Integration

Hello

Nice advises.

It seems a bit odd to know there is need for so much advices to do someting good to yourself. It is interesting to notice that this advises are needed beacase there seems always to be a split in people staring this kind of practises. One side of them realy wants to do it, but other sides want to do other things instead of the practises.

This issue fascinates me. In myself and in other people.

F D

It seems a bit odd to know there is need for so much advices to do someting good to yourself.

Hi FD, The advice was from a beginners retreat and designed to protect young seedlings as they sprout - its so easy to lose the thread after the event. After all, we're all ready well trained in samsara and everything in daily life seems designed to distract us from spiritual practice.

Hi FD,

Glad you liked the handout :). I still need to refer to it.

You just learn your body and spirit to recognize that you actually feel well if you give yourself time for spiritual practises.

There's a teaching on the Wheel of Happiness which uses Discipline, Meditation and Wisdom to mutually strengthen and reinforce each other in a synergistic, iterative turning of a wheel: through Discipline we act appropriately and one manifestation of this is Meditation to train and transform the mind. The fruit of Discipline and Meditation is Wisdom (and Compassion) which naturally leads to Discipline. And so on, round and round to ever-increasing circles of happiness.

Best,

Rex