thelerner

Wise or Foolish

Wise or Foolish?

A place to write up what one is doing, and get the crowd's opinion if its smart or not.

Mild-mannered supermen are held in kryptonite
And the wise and foolish virgins giggle with their bodies glowing bright
Through the door a harvest feast is lit by candlelight
It's the bottom of a staircase that spirals out of sight
The carpet crawlers heed their callers:
"We've got to get in to get out
We've got to get in to get out
We've got to get in to get out"

Edited by thelerner

1.  I drink 2 cups of coffee and 1 cup of green tea each day.

gotta think this is wise, I try to stop my coffee intake by 2pm and green tea by 3:30pm.

2.  I don't floss, except for the week before dental apptmt so I can lie w/ a straight face. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

1.  I drink 2 cups of coffee and 1 cup of green tea each day.

gotta think this is wise, I try to stop my coffee intake by 2pm and green tea by 3:30pm.

WISE.  LIke you, I´m going to go with wise on this one and think the balance of opinion will be with us.  Of course whether it is actually wise or foolish for your particular case depends on a whole lot of things you haven´t told us.  I think coffee, in particular, is one of those substances that´s good for some and bad for others depending on personal biochemistry, health history, etc.  It´s worth experimenting with including it and excluding it to see if there´s a difference.

OK, my question.  Sharing personal information about my emotional ups and downs with strangers on the internet -- wise or foolish?  I tend to share what´s going for me inside more freely than most, or at least that´s my impression.  For the most part I´m comfortable doing so but might occasionally skirt the edge of "too much information" territory.

Edited by liminal_luke

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

OK, my question.  Sharing personal information about my emotional ups and downs with strangers on the internet -- wise or foolish?  I tend to share what´s going for me inside more freely than most, or at least that´s my impression.  For the most part I´m comfortable doing so but might occasionally skirt the edge of "too much information" territory.

In my various writing classes it was hammered into me, Good Writing, is personal writing.. letting it all hang out.  Cathartic too, but it's not strangers I worry about.  It's the people involved.  But so far so good.  For the worst of it, I think the friends involved assume the writing is about someone else.

• Thanks 1