Shadao

Taoist Sorcery/Wizardry

I want to know if anyone here knows of books, youtube channels or websites that may contain legit content about the subject on the title(i.e. Taoist magic).

It is a subject that I find interesting but honestly don't have much access to materials of such content.

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Jerry Alan Johnson 

Daoist internal alchemy: Neigong & Weigong training. 

The secret teaching of esoteric daoist magic. 

Www.daoistmagic.com 

• Like 5

I have had a copy of Jerry's book Daoist Internal Alchemy: Neigong and Weigong Training/The Secret Teaching of Esoteric Daoist Magic for 7 years now.

There is so much more in that manual than I will ever be able to incorporate in this lifetime.

That book is a veritable cornucopia of Daoist knowledge and wisdom.

621 pages of pure, distilled taoist theory, practices, meditations, rituals.  I highly recommend it.

One of the more practical books I've encountered.  No nonsense.  Organized.  Functional.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Jerry Alan Johnson 

Www.daoistmagic.com 

I will check it, thanks for that.

39 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I have had a copy of Jerry's book Daoist Internal Alchemy: Neigong and Weigong Training/The Secret Teaching of Esoteric Daoist Magic for 7 years now.

There is so much more in that manual than I will ever be able to incorporate in this lifetime.

621 pages of pure, distilled taoist theory, practices, meditations, rituals.  I highly recommend it.

One of the more practical books I've encountered.  No nonsense.  Organized.  Functional.

Oh, a huge one!The more descriptive it is the better for an easier understanding.

Thanks.

EDIT: only now realized it is the same book, ah I should stop reading things with a tired mind -.-

Edited by Knowthing
lack of attention
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

What are some of the most important things/concepts you've learned from it?

thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thelerner said:

What are some of the most important things/concepts you've learned from it?

thanks.

Nothing occupies certainty but a few strong suspicions abide.

That tao seems a bottomless, ageless well endlessly unfolding the 10,000... empty formless bellows of life and death.

That my skin used to bring a sense of my separation, independence and individuality... and now reveals as the very intimacy linking my awareness and presence to the rest of the 10,000... to Indra's Net and tao.

That all my pursuits, achievements and follies will never span the depth and breadth of tao or the 10,000...

Happiness is no longer craved, sought, nor welcome.  Contentment in presence reigns.

and nothing that i have pursued, achieved, or failed at, exceeds raw awareness, innate beingness and inherent presence... water flowing into the sea, becomes the sea.  This is it.  i am this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Secret and Sublime: Taoist Mysteries and Magic by John Blofeld was a potent read and may offer some mileage.  But it is strictly anecdotal accounts of John's personal meetings with secluded, high level masters of Taoist Arts in the 1920's and 30's while traveling in remote areas of China... no functional descriptors of processes, meditations or rituals.  But woof! some powerful accounts.

Another book on Eastern Magic I'd recommend is Magic and Mystery in Tibet by Alexandra David-Neel.  It recounts her personal experiences in Tibet... when Tibet was officially closed to outsiders.  Not only was she allowed to remain, but was given robes and a title fitting her achievement after being tested and granted access to the higher levels of indoor methods.  She also formally adopted a Lama who traveled with her the remainder of her life.  Fascinating woman.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2021 at 1:27 PM, Cleansox said:

Jerry Alan Johnson 

Www.daoistmagic.com 

Finally got this book and wow...there is indeed alot to absorb in terms of knowledge and understanding.

Seems like the kind of book that you should either read tiny parts daily(like a snack) or take a week off to properly focus on it entirely.

• Like 1