Apech

More than half your body is not human

Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists.

Understanding this hidden half of ourselves - our microbiome - is rapidly transforming understanding of diseases from allergy to Parkinson's.

The field is even asking questions of what it means to be "human" and is leading to new innovative treatments as a result.

"They are essential to your health," says Prof Ruth Ley, the director of the department of microbiome science at the Max Planck Institute, "your body isn't just you".

No matter how well you wash, nearly every nook and cranny of your body is covered in microscopic creatures.

This includes bacteria, viruses, fungi and archaea (organisms originally misclassified as bacteria). The greatest concentration of this microscopic life is in the dark murky depths of our oxygen-deprived bowels.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-43674270

• Like 6

I find this line fascinating and its tweaked my mind for decades now.

I'm human, yet no where inside me is the human element and yet, the elements came together and formed into a human.

It's remarkable to me, this threshold between 'a bunch of elements' and 'a human', or a tree, or flower, or fish.  Pile up elements randomly and you get a pile of elements.  Yet a pregnant woman eats elements, none of which are human and they combine to become a human.

Yet there is no 'human element'.  Even our very human DNA is a mix of nucleotides and protein chains, none of which are made of a human element.  No human element exists.  No frog element.  (what an incredible manifestation of the function of the 10,000)

Humans are comprised of the same elements as all the other 'things' in the universe, but when combined in a certain pattern in a pregnant woman, we eventually combine to form a 'human'.  (though sometimes at walmart this can be tougher to ascertain).

What I eat transforms into human... somehow.

No matter how many apples I eat, I never turn into an apple.

It was standard procedure for me to bring home a bag of tacos whenever I thought of it while my wife was pregnant with our son.    We joke that his first body was mostly taco... yet no matter how many tacos she ate, they transformed in our son, even though, inside him, there is no human element present.

Our bodies are comprised of non human elements, yet we are human.

Reminds me of the notion of the Brahman's body being the universe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The thing that amazes me (I've said this before) is the way the fetus is formed.  The cells, as they reproduce, are all the same cells.  But what decides whether that cell is going to be a skin cell, a fingernail cell, an eyeball cell, etc - is how they line up next to each other when the fetus is forming.  I cannot get over the incredible intelligence that demonstrates.  Like the blueprints are within each and every cell.  But actually, what that shows us is that we are the Intelligence.

And then the fact that what we are observing as our bodies, is actually 99.9999999999% (actually, 13  9's)  space!  Just like the make-up of an atom.  We're just virtually not here at all...

All thought, that's all.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

furthermore, we are really spirits having a human experience, which is nice to know since we are so often wrapped up with human identity.

• Like 1

All this talk of 'humans'  . What is a human ?   A ' Homo Sapien'  .  How did  modern Homo sapiens  come to be ?     They where a form of hominids (sapiens ) that interbred with other homos ;  Neanderthals , Denisovans ,

actually ;  "  Nonetheless, according to recent genetic studies, modern humans may have bred with "at least two groups" of ancient humans "

So , unless you are 'pure African '  ........   you are a 'mixed breed '       :)  

GlPlsDi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, old3bob said:

furthermore, we are really spirits having a human experience, which is nice to know since we are so often wrapped up with human identity.

and just as a balance , since some have 'over spiritualised'  and thought their 'holy nature'  gave them special sanction to act in the word as tyrants , we are really animals - specifically ; primates .

... and dont disagree with me ... or I will hurl some poo at you ! 

:)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

All this talk of 'humans'  . What is a human ?   A ' Homo Sapien'  .  How did  modern Homo sapiens  come to be ?     They where a form of hominids (sapiens ) that interbred with other homos ;  Neanderthals , Denisovans ,

actually ;  "  Nonetheless, according to recent genetic studies, modern humans may have bred with "at least two groups" of ancient humans "

So , unless you are 'pure African '  ........   you are a 'mixed breed '       :)  

GlPlsDi.jpg

It's lie -  we were just friends - me and homo!

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

and just as a balance , since some have 'over spiritualised'  and thought their 'holy nature'  gave them special sanction to act in the word as tyrants , we are really animals - specifically ; primates .

:)

so your bowl is half empty which means a depleted poo

What I tought was really crazy is that neuro transmitters like serotonin get made and originate more in the gut made by bacterias

so a  bigger percentage gets made by bacteria then your own body produces. Them

dont have the study links on hand though.

i tough that was crazy

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nungali said:

Not quite yet.  The poo hurling doesn't start until 7PM.  the Neanderthals don't usually poop before 6.

Edited by manitou

3 hours ago, manitou said:

Maybe 50% sasquatch.

.... you are  not one of those women that had a 'relationship'  with Bigfoot, are you  ? 

a90ed86d4a7047d91d99eca6c546557f.jpg

070fed8eb4dce5a62c130b3938b52043.jpg

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2021 at 1:50 PM, Nungali said:

.... you are  not one of those women that had a 'relationship'  with Bigfoot, are you  ? 

In a blackout?  I may have.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh ......   okay .

I just thought there was some resemblance

image.png.cf00975ad9b57827878da12348e145d2.png            070fed8eb4dce5a62c130b3938b52043.jpg&key

Yes, she is mine.  Although I'm a little alarmed that she is sprouting wings out of the top of her head.  But I guess that's to be expected when you cross species.