RobB

Does yoga have a conspiracy theory problem?

6 hours ago, manitou said:

Okay, I finally got it.  I was just now relaxing back in a chair sort of meditating, and my hands happened to be placed right over the dantien.  After about 30 seconds of doing nothing but not-doing in my mind,  I felt a swirl of that tingly warm presence of energy and knew immediately that was what you were talking about.  I was easily able to channel it to the invisible upper chakra.  And the toe action??  Doggies.  I've never tried channeling it like that before.  Actually, my toes are still tingling as I type this. ( Dwai, you could try that in a bus station on a group of nuns)

It was as though it formed an arc of sorts in my mind's eye, becoming four rounded quadrants within a circle, much like looking into the split pit of a cumquat.  (If there's anyone on this forum that actually understands what the inside of a  split cumquat pit looks like, I dare you to step forward!) 

I forsee, my wife is going to wonder why I added cumquats to our grocery list...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, manitou said:

Okay, I finally got it.  I was just now relaxing back in a chair sort of meditating, and my hands happened to be placed right over the dantien.  After about 30 seconds of doing nothing but not-doing in my mind,  I felt a swirl of that tingly warm presence of energy and knew immediately that was what you were talking about.  I was easily able to channel it to the invisible upper chakra.  And the toe action??  Doggies.  I've never tried channeling it like that before.  Actually, my toes are still tingling as I type this. ( Dwai, you could try that in a bus station on a group of nuns)

This is cool — I knew you could do it :) 

Now, whenever you pay attention to it, the flow is there to balance things out. It’s always there, but sometimes the energy gets stuck in specific regions of the system, in course of a day. Mostly in the head (like being stuck in neutral or in a particular gear — only those of us who’ve driven a stick shift will know what this refers to 😜).

By bringing awareness to the flow, the system can be “unstuck” again.

BTW what happens to the ringtones after the flow becomes apparent? :) 

It was as though it formed an arc of sorts in my mind's eye, becoming four rounded quadrants within a circle, much like looking into the split pit of a cumquat.  (If there's anyone on this forum that actually understands what the inside of a  split cumquat pit looks like, I dare you to step forward!) 

Tbh I’d never even seen a kumquat (that I remember). Now I must go get at least one so I can find out 😁

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1

I'm hoping it's cumquats and not loquats.  It may be loquats.  You better get both :D  There are seeds within the main pit, if I recall.  But they're this beautiful moist-looking mahogany orbs contained within the Qumquat Quadrant.  (You crazy illustrators, you know who you are, should have a ball with that).

The ringtones have been there for 40 years, and when something wonderfully stupefying happens, the sirens sound even louder.  It's a shooting range thing.  It flows between loud and extremely loud.  I think of it as a 'shining' presence, and that's the way I cope with it.  It really doesn't bother me much anymore.  But yeah, still, I'd probably drop a whole pile of stuck energy on getting it to go away.

Funny thing.  Before I wrote this post I read our previous paragraphs.  My toes started tingling again without any help from me.  Must've been you, lol.  Thanks, Dwai!  I didn't come up the martial art way - I was far too cerebral for that.  Break a sweat?  What??

But it cracks me up that through your martial arts background combined with your inner knowledge of the vessel you rode in on, that two such diverse backgrounds should meet and understand immediately that there is a level of intuition that "understands" each other at a balsamic level.  (I know, I intentionally referenced the vinegar to see if you were paying attention).  How very strange that it ends up being the end of Path and turning into No Path At All.

No path, but knowing.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 5:36 AM, dwai said:

Mostly in the head (like being stuck in neutral or in a particular gear — only those of us who’ve driven a stick shift will know what this refers to 😜).

downshifting a Porsche down a mountain road was my favorite thing to do -

Although I'm more a Prius girl these days

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1