Yoda

Best TV shows ever

So I've just been watching BBC's "All Creatures Great and Small" and that has got to be one of the all time best TV shows ever.

I've also really enjoyed:

Leave it to Beaver

The Leave it to Jeeves BBC show, I forget the title.

Walking with Dinosaurs/Beasts/Cavemen/Monsters and Chased by Dinosaurs also BBC.

Thomas the tank engine and Blues Clues and the Muppet Show are pretty rad too.

I just discovered a way cool BBC remake of Mork and Mindy called "My Hero". Very fun. I don't remember watching Mork and Mindy, so I don't remember if it was a good program, but the premise is a good one. My Hero is more of a superman character, who's only allowed to have sex once a month or he'll lose his super powers like his cousin did who would run into burning buildings with a credit card machine and charge for his services. Once the galactic council caught word of it, it was over for him, but he stays on as the hero's advisor. Very cute.

I just discovered a way cool BBC remake of Mork and Mindy called "My Hero". Very fun. I don't remember watching Mork and Mindy, so I don't remember if it was a good program, but the premise is a good one. My Hero is more of a superman character, who's only allowed to have sex once a month or he'll lose his super powers like his cousin did who would run into burning buildings with a credit card machine and charge for his services. Once the galactic council caught word of it, it was over for him, but he stays on as the hero's advisor. Very cute.

Oh cool. Mork and Mindy was great!

But these days I dislike Robin Williams. Not sure why. He's a funny guy.

I use this site a lot (it's not illegal to my knowledge, just an agregator, much like a portal, and I'm not affiliated with it in any way - so please do take it off if it doesn't fit)

It's one of my favourites - no torrents to manage/no waiting if you have broadband)- I don't have a TV.

http://www.surfthechannel.com/

K

"All in the Family"

"You Bet Your Life" - Groucho Marx

"All in the Family" was *brilliant*, way, way ahead of its time. And just as relevant now as it ever was.

In "You Bet Your Life", you really get to see Groucho interact with people in a very relaxed way. He was a GIANT ... his presence, his level of intelligence, way of putting people at ease, pushing the comedic envelope while still not being censored. (This was between 1947-1961, so things had to sound very nice and ok while still saying risque funny stuff.)

I enjoy not owning a TV :)

but I do like most discovery channel stuff...at least the scientifically sound stuff :lol:

Sean, damn it, now I have to check "Lost" out...

Another couple of good shows: Farscape, Burn Notice.

As for the greatest show ever, I'm thinking Dexter. Anime would be "Bleach".

HBO's Angels in America anyone? It's a four part mini-TV series.. great art and really fun. Also in anime Cowboy Bebop is seriously hip.

I just started watching the new Battlestar Galactica really good if your into Sci Fi. I'll probably Netflix the first 3 seasons.

How does musicovery work? Can you download from it?

I don't think so. You just play off the server from what I've tried so far.

If you really wanted you could record the stuff playing off your machine in mp3 - with quality loss (the sound quality is already limited) - and I can't remember offhand which soft would be best for that. I tried one a while back and just ended up with mono mixtape quality - not so hot ;-))

Also, if in US. pandora is nice (and hopefully still free)- not really the same engine nor interface, but cool all the same. They (whoever) have blocked it where I am.

So if you would like to take it all places, I haven't seen a solution right now BUT I have seen some DJ's mixing with some virtual decks (the interface looks like 45 inch decks ;-)) - I'm sure that stuff is desktop/laptop software. Not sure about connectedness. No idea about cost.

I know, not very helpful :!

Not a TV watcher any more, just a net freak,

Here is a couple of my favourite TV shows from over the years...

Six Feet Under (drama)

A drama series that takes a darkly comical look at members of a dysfunctional Pasadena family that runs an independent funeral home. With the prodigal elder son (Peter Krause) returning home for the holidays to shattering news, the family must learn to deal with a death of their own, while figuring out how to go ahead with the business of the living. A funny and emotional look at a grieving American family...that just happens to be in the grief management business.- imdb

Trailer Park Boys(comedy)

Trailer Park Boys is a new series about love, friends and family-or perhaps it's about everything that can go wrong with love, friends and family. At the centre of Trailer Park Boys are Ricky (Robb Wells) and Julian (John Paul Tremblay), two guys whose lives were shaped by their experiences growing up in the Trailer Park. Their childhood was typical of most trailer park kids - stealing, fighting, smoking, drinking, scamming and listening to Van Halen. The Boys have had their share of trouble with the law. Most of their adult lives have been spent behind bars of one kind or another. In fact, as this inaugural season begins, both Ricky and Julian are just getting out of jail. They blame each other for this most recent incarceration and, now, as Julian prepares to start all over again, he refuses to talk to Ricky. Julian wants and tries throughout the series to go straight - but old habits die hard. And that's just fine with Ricky - imdb

Arrested development (the best comedy show ever?)

Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman), a widower with a 13-year-old son, named George-Michael (Michael Cera), is forced to keep his large and dysfunctional family together after his father (Jeffery Tambor) is arrested for shifty accounting practices at the family-owned conglomerate and the Bluth family assets are frozen, making each member of the eccentric family panic. Michael's snobbish mother, Lucille (Jessica Walter), finds herself living alone in a penthouse without the financial means to maintain it, while Michael's two brothers, GOB (Will Arnett) and Buster (Tony Hale), and his sister Lindsay (Portia DeRossi) with her husband Tobias (David Cross) and her daughter Mae (Alia Shawkat) also find themselves having to recreate their lifestyles to fit their new financial status.

Favorite shows, in no particular order:

Battlestar Galactica. Both the new and old, but new one is better.

Southpark

Lost

Heroes

Anything of the Three Stooges.

Bugs Bunny

Inuyasha

Samurai Jack

Ghost Hunters.

Numbers

I guess I really like cartoons.

Chris

House of Eliot

The sheltered Eliott sisters, Beatrice and Evangeline (Stella Gonnett, Louise Lombard), suddenly find themselves alone and penniless when their dodgy father dies. In response, Bea and Evie launch an ambitious dressmaking business in the heart of 1920s London. The BBC's lavishly costumed Jazz Age drama follows the plucky pair as they navigate the city's swirling social scene. Aden Gillet co-stars as charming photographer Jack Maddox.

Northern Exposure

The Wire was good.

Really heavy though(drugs, murder, kids killing eachother)

HBO has made some really great shows the last few years.