Goku76

Damo Mitchell? tell me what you think

4 hours ago, Antares said:

Choice should be based on knowledge of the Tradition you want to be involved in. Of course, it is not possible to comprehend all nuances from the scratch but  individual should understand basics at least.  Daoist Tradition is still very closed and there are many frauds in China and in the West.

Going into any teaching, there is going to be a lot of ignorance. Part of the reason you go to a teacher is to learn something you do not understand or know yourself. Of course, we often think we are developed enough to speak for the traditions/lineage/God/Tao, etc. but often we are speaking merely from our own opinions, habits, and prejudices.

You can certainly write Damo off as a fraud and move on. If you're worried about others, you can review his MCO course and report his errors. 

12 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

Of course, we often think we are developed enough to speak for the traditions/lineage/God/Tao, etc. but often we are speaking merely from our own opinions, habits, and prejudices.

Yes, that's why great masters of the past left texts for people.They did that for a reason 

12 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

You can certainly write Damo off as a fraud and move on. If you're worried about others, you can review his MCO course and report his errors. 

Yes, he talks about MCO a lot. Did he get True Water? What method he used for that? All methods he describes in his books are postheaven qi cultivation. How is it possible to get True Water using postheaven Qi? 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:37 AM, Antares said:

Yes, that's why great masters of the past left texts for people.They did that for a reason 

Yes, he talks about MCO a lot. Did he get True Water? What method he used for that? All methods he describes in his books are postheaven qi cultivation. How is it possible to get True Water using postheaven Qi? 

Honestly, I think texts are overrated. 

Damo gives a bit of a thumbnail sketch here if you're interested:

http://www.scholarsage.com/7-dan-tian-tribulations/

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2021 at 3:37 AM, Antares said:

So you do not disclose any methods at all but you require that Damo Mitchell discloses his methods that he normally teaches only closed door.

Am I missing something?

On 2021-03-30 at 11:55 AM, Antares said:

It does not matter sitting, standing, reversing, jumping until it based on post-heaven Qi which is Yin in nature.

/... ... /

Everything that is based on postheaven is Yin in nature and dispels Yang.  

I quit following this discussion because I felt it became a dead-end, and then I see that you got right back on track! 

If we are talking textual support, the Wuzhen Pian (the regulated verses) clearly is the base for what you wrote, and from the view of the southern lineage, post heaven energetics in it self doesn't lead to celestial immortality. 

So, good post! 

• Thanks 2