I've been waiting for a group like this to show up, and I have a really good feeling about this forum.

It seems to be a place with people who know what they are talking about,
and treat each other with respect. 

I am studying Herbal Medicine and Vitalism (the body's ability to heal itself) and I've come to see things as roads we find or make, for us to walk on. All Paths lead to one destination, but will we have the energy to reach that destination by ourselves? Hardly.

Again, there are several ways to overcome this, and one of those is by combining the paths, use several and let them strengthen each other. Over time, understanding for one subject comes effortless, fueled by the knowledge amassed by the other paths. None of the paths I walked better than other people in the beginning, but the secret was that I was walking several, and was average in all of them.

One day, the growth shoots up exponentially all of a sudden. It's Spring, and Winter's hard work proves itself to be fruitful. ^_^

There is one more thing that I learned.

It's that I learn faster by asking for advice and teaching from people who have spent way more time than me on a subject. And that is why I am here. To quietly observe a new community that I've never had a chance to be part of even though I would have like to, but couldn't due to circumstances, and to exchange however much knowledge I can, then go back to my Hermit-Mode and assimilate, so to say.

I've searched far and wide until I found an Art that I liked and that suited me.

I have discovered Zhan Zhuang a few years ago, and knew it was what I was looking for. But it's only now that I felt ready to seriously practice it, and so, I am a total beginner, but an adept learner at Zhan Zhuang and Qi Gong

I have some decent knowledge in theory, and I have good instincts, but I also have a lot of questions and observations from my experience so far, and I'd love to talk about them and discuss them here.

I should mention that I am also dabbling in Dao and Acupuncture/Reflexology, and I'm rather good at Graphology. That's because, as I said, if I'm stuck somewhere, I won't waste too much time and hop onto another path. Then when I come back later with a refreshed mind, I might find that I've already overcome the hurdle through another path that gave me the exact answer that I needed..

Anyway, if you are interested, please hit me up!

Edited by Sarasin
  • Like 2

Hello Sarasin,

Your account is approved; welcome to the bums. You can use the search feature here to find old threads which interest you, and you’re welcome to start new threads if this is your preference.

It sounds as if you have enjoyed a meandering path, and found it both interesting and fruitful. May your time here be similar.

warm regards,

ilu

P.S. You will find three topics pinned at the top in this sub forum regarding expectations and rules here, please make sure you are familiar with them.

• Like 1

Talk is cheap..... oh ya this is a discussion forum. I like your interest welcome to TDB. I look forward to talking a lot about these subjects with you.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Talk is cheap..... oh ya this is a discussion forum. I like your interest welcome to TDB. I look forward to talking a lot about these subjects with you.

You seem like a pretty interesting Dao Bum too :D

What subjects are you "specializing" in? 

Traditional Taoist Wudang Kung fu the source of knowledge for herbs, acupuncture, acupressure, Chi Gung, feng shui and more  My passion is neidan, sword and boxing. Dragon gate long men pei (school) 

• Like 1