RiverSnake

Healing and Divination Services

Lately some new members have been coming on the forum with energetic issues, as outlined in there initial posts. One with intense kundalini syndrome and the other random mystical states. The first member being MysticNinjaSage and the other Eggsis. I offered both of these people help with the situation.  

On both occasions i was lambasted for offering my services for hire. Just recently i was directly threatened with repercussions for my "behavior". I have been a member of this forum for 10+ years now and have never faced such derisive scorn by a moderator. 

I would therefore like to open the dialogue with the moderators on this matter and hear there opinions. I am a professional healer and diviner and have been offering my services for several years now. Many of my clients have actually been members of this forum. Is there a new rule that no longer allows me to offer my services through this forum? Please, i would like to hear the thoughts of all the moderators on this topic, i already know the opinion of 1. If the moderators come to a conclusion that i am forbidden from offering my services...then i will never do so again. 

Edited by RiverSnake

It is not the offering of services which is in question, but the manner of the “offering,” and the newly emerging pattern of this “offering” being made to the newest members of the forum - “trolling” to see who bites, as one member put it.

Perhaps you could consent to allowing them to get acclimated to this place before the hook is tossed. At which point it may look a little less predatory to me, and you may not find yourself feeling “lambasted” or “threatened.”

This matter is currently under review by the mod team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Perhaps you could consent to allowing them to get acclimated to this place before the hook is tossed. At which point it may look a little less predatory to me, and you may not find yourself feeling “lambasted” or “threatened.”

A fair point. I concede. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi RiverSnake,

Your question is still being batted around by the mod team but, speaking just for myself, I´ll say that I´m uncomfortable with the idea of energy readings or healings being offered to individual Bums for money.  Which isn´t to say that your services aren´t valuable or that you don´t deserve compensation for the work you do.  What I´d want to avoid is the appearance of the forum being used for business purposes.  To me, part of the beauty of this place is that it stands apart from the incessent barrage of advertisement that´s impossible to get away from on the web and in everyday life.  I love that people ask for and give advice and offer opinions here simply out of goodwill, rather than to make money.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Hi RiverSnake,

Your question is still being batted around by the mod team but, speaking just for myself, I´ll say that I´m uncomfortable with the idea of energy readings or healings being offered to individual Bums for money.  Which isn´t to say that your services aren´t valuable or that you don´t deserve compensation for the work you do.  What I´d want to avoid is the appearance of the forum being used for business purposes.  To me, part of the beauty of this place is that it stands apart from the incessent barrage of advertisement that´s impossible to get away from on the web and in everyday life.  I love that people ask for and give advice and offer opinions here simply out of goodwill, rather than to make money.  

What about teachers promoting there systems and DVDs? There is an entire interviews section and extremely lengthy threads discussing all manner of methods? Is it a surprise that on a forum about Taoist Cultivation, there would be people offering energy healing? That to me seems absolutely ridiculous. It's like going to a martial arts forum and expecting nobody to be talking/offering specific methods they practice. 

• Like 2

If we look at the specific case that started this, you scanned a person and made public comments about that result, but I cannot recall that that service was specifically asked for. Had it been in the healing circle, or been preceded with a question if that was what the person intended, things would have looked different. 

Scannings are personal, and (I am not saying this relates to this case) easily crosses the border to an ad hominem attack if the scanner reveals some of the individuals flaws and weaknesses publicly without being specifically asked to do that. 

So, ethically, it is an area where one should walk with care. 

On the other hand, I personally see no problem with asking money for a service. In this area, it is "buyer beware", and as @RiverSnakewritestherearereferencestopayedservicesalloverthisboard@RiverSnakewritestherearereferencestopayedservicesalloverthisboard(and the editor jammed). 

Edited by Cleansox
Editor jammed
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

If we look at the specific case that started this, you scanned a person and made public comments about that result, but I cannot recall that that service was specifically asked for. Had it been in the healing circle, or been preceded with a question if that was what the person intended, things would have looked different. 

Scannings are personal, and (I am not saying this relates to this case) easily crosses the border to an ad hominem attack if the scanner reveals some of the individuals flaws and weaknesses publicly without being specifically asked to do that. 

So, ethically, it is an area where one should walk with care. 

This is a fair point. I was quite whimsical and playful in my comments. Though, looking back, i am not sure if i would have replied any differently, given the openness of the matters already being discussed.  I will think on this. 

• Like 2

Hi RiverSnake,

I'll offer my perspective as a member, as a professional healer, and as a moderator.

First I'll compliment you on your openness to the moderators' criticism and concerns as well as to opening this thread to discuss this subject rationally.

17 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

Lately some new members have been coming on the forum with energetic issues, as outlined in there initial posts. One with intense kundalini syndrome and the other random mystical states. The first member being MysticNinjaSage and the other Eggsis. I offered both of these people help with the situation.  

On both occasions i was lambasted for offering my services for hire. Just recently i was directly threatened with repercussions for my "behavior". I have been a member of this forum for 10+ years now and have never faced such derisive scorn by a moderator. 

I would therefore like to open the dialogue with the moderators on this matter and hear there opinions. I am a professional healer and diviner and have been offering my services for several years now. Many of my clients have actually been members of this forum. Is there a new rule that no longer allows me to offer my services through this forum? Please, i would like to hear the thoughts of all the moderators on this topic, i already know the opinion of 1. If the moderators come to a conclusion that i am forbidden from offering my services...then i will never do so again. 

Since you seem to be surprised and unclear on why you've been "lambasted" and "threatened," I will explain from my perspective.

I have some concerns not with your desire to help but with how you presented your services and treated newcomers here. You offered unsolicited opinions and recommendations publicly to new members in the welcome area. These folks are unfamiliar with the board, unfamiliar with the members, and don't know what to expect from our community. I for one don't want the first thing a new member experiences here to be an unsolicited "energy read" and offer to fix them for money. You provided no credentials, no background, no indication of your methods, no evidence of any experience in dealing with these things.

You began your interaction with one member with a personal insult and then suggested it necessary to use "force" to correct their energetic problems. These actions do not appear to me as actions of a professional. 

There is no rule prohibiting members from offering help to others but your approach here raises deep concerns.

16 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

What about teachers promoting there systems and DVDs? There is an entire interviews section and extremely lengthy threads discussing all manner of methods? Is it a surprise that on a forum about Taoist Cultivation, there would be people offering energy healing? That to me seems absolutely ridiculous. It's like going to a martial arts forum and expecting nobody to be talking/offering specific methods they practice. 

It is one thing to offer information on systems, DVDs, and practice methods, be they paid or free.

Interested parties may access and use them or ignore them as they wish.

It is something else to hang out where new members are welcomed, read their energy and share your opinions about their weaknesses or challenges publicly, for all to see and comment on, without their consent. On top of that you offer to fix them for money yet I see no evidence that you have any qualifications to do so.

I am not surprised or disturbed to see people interested in helping others here. 

I am surprised to see a professional healer calling out someone's problem publicly without being asked and offering to fix them "forcefully" and for money.

11 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

I was quite whimsical and playful in my comments. Though, looking back, i am not sure if i would have replied any differently, given the openness of the matters already being discussed.  I will think on this. 

As a professional healer myself, I do not publicly share my opinions on the problems of others and the solutions to those problems publicly and without their request and permission. When I do share my opinions of someone's difficulties, I share with them privately and in a concerned and cautious fashion, not in a spirit of whimsy and playfulness. Of course playfulness is important in our lives but must be expressed very carefully in the context of diagnosing and treating others' problems and vulnerabilities.

In summary, I have no specific problem with QUALIFIED individuals offering their services to those ASKING for help and doing so in a RESPECTFUL and DISCRETE manner. I do have a problem with name calling (eg. stupid), assessing or manipulating others energetically without their consent, sharing that information publicly without their consent, and doing so in an area of the forum that is set up to welcome newcomers, help them get adjusted to our community, and make them feel comfortable. 

I hope this gives you a sense of why you've gotten the attention of the moderators for your recent actions. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, steve said:

Hi RiverSnake,

I'll offer my perspective as a member, as a professional healer, and as a moderator.

First I'll compliment you on your openness to the moderators' criticism and concerns as well as to opening this thread to discuss this subject rationally.

Since you seem to be surprised and unclear on why you've been "lambasted" and "threatened," I will explain from my perspective.

I have some concerns not with your desire to help but with how you presented your services and treated newcomers here. You offered unsolicited opinions and recommendations publicly to new members in the welcome area. These folks are unfamiliar with the board, unfamiliar with the members, and don't know what to expect from our community. I for one don't want the first thing a new member experiences here to be an unsolicited "energy read" and offer to fix them for money. You provided no credentials, no background, no indication of your methods, no evidence of any experience in dealing with these things.

You began your interaction with one member with a personal insult and then suggested it necessary to use "force" to correct their energetic problems. These actions do not appear to me as actions of a professional. 

There is no rule prohibiting members from offering help to others but your approach here raises deep concerns.

It is one thing to offer information on systems, DVDs, and practice methods, be they paid or free.

It is something else to hang out where new members are welcomed, read their energy and share your opinions about their weaknesses or challenges publicly, for all to see and comment on, without their consent. On top of that you offer to fix them for money yet I see no evidence that you have any qualifications to do so.

I am not surprised or disturbed to see people interested in helping others here. 

I am surprised to see a professional healer calling out someone's problem publicly without being asked and offering to fix them "forcefully" and for money.

As a professional healer myself, I do not publicly share my opinions on the problems of others and the solutions to those problems publicly and without their request and permission. When I do share my opinions of someone's difficulties, I share with them privately and in a concerned and cautious fashion, not in a spirit of whimsy and playfulness. Of course playfulness is important in our lives but must be expressed very carefully in the context of diagnosing and treating others' problems and vulnerabilities.

In summary, I have no specific problem with QUALIFIED individuals offering their services to those ASKING for help and doing so in a RESPECTFUL and DISCRETE manner. I do have a problem with name calling (eg. stupid), assessing or manipulating others energetically without their consent, sharing that information publicly without their consent, and doing so in an area of the forum that is set up to welcome newcomers, help them get adjusted to our community, and make them feel comfortable. 

I hope this gives you a sense of why you've gotten the attention of the moderators for your recent actions. 

You make several points and i'll try to dissect and comment the best i can: 

-First being that it is a bit of a "cold wind" to offer newcomers help the moment they get on the forum. Illuminaren has made that same point and i concur and will make the adjustment. On another note, i would add that i do not randomly advertise myself to newcomers as was slightly implied.....i don't even post that much on the forum anymore.....i only offer to those whom  are asking for help. In the case of the 2 posts, both were seeking some kind of assistance. That being said, both you and Illumaren are correct in that my approach is a bit shrill and can give people the wrong impression. In the past, most of my interactions have been done via PM.  

-Second, you mention Qualifications. I've meet tons of energy healers with titles and resumes. Most of them didn't know there ass from there elbow when it came to handling serious problems. I don't give a fleeting fleck about Wall Certifications or Titles like "Master" or "Mo Pai". I prefer obscurity and conduct most of my discussions privately. If a client has questions about my background, i answer these things privately. As cleansox said, it is buyer beware. People must exercise there own discernment and as evidenced by this whole situation, they have no problem doing so. 

-Third, you mention that information should not be shared publicly and take issue with my being a bit upfront. When it comes to working with a client, confidentiality is an important code and things are not discussed. Yet on the public forum where people are sharing there opinions left and right, some of those opinions completely ignorant and others highly refined....i have mixed feelings about limitations being put out on what can and cannot be said, things which are true can just as easily be dismissed as false and vice versa. I will agree that it is rude and jarring.....but i do not see that as necessarily "missing the mark" (sin).....as evidenced. Usually i am more discrete, but for whatever reason, in the moment....it felt appropriate. If the receiver of my playful jibe felt wronged by my actions, then i invite him to PM me such and i will happily apologize.....but it seems to be the "crowd of onlookers" whom are most stunned. 

Fourth, you mention "forcing" things open. I feel we are having a misunderstanding due to language. When i say "forced" i am not talking about opening things before the proper timing, but am referring to concentrated force directed at a small area for breaking boundaries. In Tai Chi (not an expert in that style) i believe they refer to this "force" as Ji and in the runic systems they work with an energy called Thurisaz (Th) which is a similar compressed piercing force. I remember a Tai Chi instructor using a metaphor of opening a jammed door with a sudden and precise application of force. There is a time and a place to apply this "force". Taoist methodology often emphasizes "Water Course" Way, which i very much enjoy....but there are other strategies that one can apply. What i am not referring to, is randomly "hitting buttons" on the energy gates of the body without notion of proper timing/knowledge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

~~~~~ OFFICIAL POST BY ADMIN ~~~~~~~~~~~

@RiverSnake,

Hi, I'm Trunk, current admin.  :)

18 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

As you mentioned in your legit point, you didn't break any explicit TDBs rules.  (Though we do reserve the right to deal with unusual situations ad hoc, and this is one of those).
People promote here, various levels and ways.  It's in the fabric here and couldn't be otherwise entirely ... though we do like to emphasize "just folks talking" as the basis.

Yet your approach did cross a number of soft (unwritten) boundaries all at once:
- a psychic reading, publicly, without invite. that's a significant faux pas.
- in the welcoming section, someone who has just arrived in the community, not acquainted with the community - at all - nor with you
- not an opportunity to get to know you or your services (unless there's a thread here in your personal practice section? or website of your's that I've missed? ... I've only looked quickly)
- offer straight to pm, service, $.

That's a lot all at once.  Brusque.
In my view (as official current Big Wig admin), the moderation team's radar rightly started beeping... as an unusual occurrence that needed attention.
I'd say that your approach needs some thoughtful review & consideration.

And then there's this:

On 1/28/2021 at 8:27 PM, RiverSnake said:

Interesting post. You seem quite stolid....and i don't mean intellectually.....your energy is sealed in a very stolid way.....to the point it needs to be forcefully opened. Not sure wha you've been engaging in but....yeah....if you want help....cool....but I don't work for free. PM if you'd like some assistance. 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:03 AM, zerostao said:

I don’t recommend forcing, energy, breath, or forcing just about anything really.

I agree with Zerostao on that, and I think you might find some theory based push-back dialog from the community ... and it might open up some interesting discussion.  You're not breaking any board rule on that but, it needed mention.  Accumulated with all the other, it's concerning.

18 hours ago, RiverSnake said:
18 hours ago, ilumairen said:

A fair point. I concede. 

Really appreciate that you're open to reasonable dialog and adjustment.
That's huge.

While we don't currently have any hard rules about the "welcoming section", we are more protective of it - and would appreciate not any more such approaches in that section.  I'm not sure that any rule change is necessary at this point ... but if we come up with some well worded adjustment we'll post it somewhere.  I don't think it's reasonable to ban all references to services, teachers, etc, in the welcoming area.  ... at the same time we pick up instances there that we feel need attention.

The points that've come up in discussion, and that might come up, with some consideration you might develop/modify/polish your approach.

Seems to me that this is being worked out through a bit of moderation and through community dialog.

Letting this roll and evolve.

Thanks for the dialog,
Trunk
- current admin

~~~~~ ADMIN out ~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, steve said:

Fifth, missed this one....i feel this is semantics and there is not much difference. I am neither persistent or insistent in my offers and quickly bowed out of the conversation as needed....but as Illum pointed out, my tact needs adjustment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for you response, just a few things I’d like to reply to...

58 minutes ago, RiverSnake said:

You make several points and i'll try to dissect and comment the best i can: 

-First being that it is a bit of a "cold wind" to offer newcomers help the moment they get on the forum. Illuminaren has made that same point and i concur and will make the adjustment. On another note, i would add that i do not randomly advertise myself to newcomers as was slightly implied.....i don't even post that much on the forum anymore.....i only offer to those whom  are asking for help. In the case of the 2 posts, both were seeking some kind of assistance. That being said, both you and Illumaren are correct in that my approach is a bit shrill and can give people the wrong impression. In the past, most of my interactions have been done via PM.  

-Second, you mention Qualifications. I've meet tons of energy healers with titles and resumes. Most of them didn't know there ass from there elbow when it came to handling serious problems. I don't give a fleeting fleck about Wall Certifications or Titles like "Master" or "Mo Pai". I prefer obscurity and conduct most of my discussions privately. If a client has questions about my background, i answer these things privately. As cleansox said, it is buyer beware. People must exercise there own discernment and as evidenced by this whole situation, they have no problem doing so. 

I agree that plaques and diplomas mean little but at least indicate an interest in study and knowledge. There are powerful, born healers who need no training and well- trained folks who are inept. My feeing is that if someone chooses to solicit clients here or simply offer help, they should share their qualifications, whether they have formal training and certifications or not. Perhaps we should require that our “healers” here maintain a list of their services, background, and qualifications in a PPD or “healing sub-forum.” Just an idea to consider.

-Third, you mention that information should not be shared publicly and take issue with my being a bit upfront. When it comes to working with a client, confidentiality is an important code and things are not discussed. Yet on the public forum where people are sharing there opinions left and right, some of those opinions completely ignorant and others highly refined....i have mixed feelings about limitations being put out on what can and cannot be said, things which are true can just as easily be dismissed as false and vice versa. I will agree that it is rude and jarring.....but i do not see that as necessarily "missing the mark" (sin).....as evidenced. Usually i am more discrete, but for whatever reason, in the moment....it felt appropriate. If the receiver of my playful jibe felt wronged by my actions, then i invite him to PM me such and i will happily apologize.....but it seems to be the "crowd of onlookers" whom are most stunned. 

I think it is one thing to make casual comments about what others post here as a member and a different thing to claim to be a professional healer and share your read on someone without their consent. Once we claim to be professional healers here, we assume a degree of authority and responsibility. From that point on we establish ourselves as something other than a casual commentator.

Fourth, you mention "forcing" things open. I feel we are having a misunderstanding due to language. When i say "forced" i am not talking about opening things before the proper timing, but am referring to concentrated force directed at a small area for breaking boundaries. In Tai Chi (not an expert in that style) i believe they refer to this "force" as Ji and in the runic systems they work with an energy called Thurisaz (Th) which is a similar compressed piercing force. I remember a Tai Chi instructor using a metaphor of opening a jammed door with a sudden and precise application of force. There is a time and a place to apply this "force". Taoist methodology often emphasizes "Water Course" Way, which i very much enjoy....but there are other strategies that one can apply. What i am not referring to, is randomly "hitting buttons" on the energy gates of the body without notion of proper timing/knowledge.  

Force is sometimes necessary, no doubt.

There are a limitless array of forces and ways we can use them.

The issue that got my attention is the suggestion you’re going to forcefully open someone energetically after reading one or two of their posts online that offered very little specific info. It would be different if you had a private session together and felt force was the only option.

Anyway, I do appreciate the discussion. It gives the mods things to ponder.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RiverSnake said:

Fifth, missed this one....i feel this is semantics and there is not much difference. I am neither persistent or insistent in my offers and quickly bowed out of the conversation as needed....but as Illum pointed out, my tact needs adjustment. 

I disagree - one is offering an impersonal resource, the other is personally diagnosing a specific condition then offering the cure, for a price. Huge difference in my mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve said:

Perhaps we should require that our “healers” here maintain a list of their services, background, and qualifications in a PPD or “healing sub-forum.” Just an idea to consider.

Once we claim to be professional healers here, we assume a degree of authority and responsibility. From that point on we establish ourselves as something other than a casual commentator.

The issue that got my attention is the suggestion you’re going to forcefully open someone energetically after reading one or two of their posts online that offered very little specific info. It would be different if you had a private session together and felt force was the only option.

Not sure how to dice up quotes, so i will respond sequentially.

(1)The idea of having a "list", i guess that may appeal to some, but to me it "feels" yucky. A personal preference i suppose. Centralized Authority is something i have always found troublesome....to a degree. 

(2)I agree and disagree with the 2nd comment on Authority/Responsibility. As we grow as practitioners we develop "Authority".....but that doesn't necessarily mean more "Responsibility" than others. Each individual whether he is a Buddha or the average zombie has the same basic responsibility for his Intent/Energy (whether they realize it or not).....its only when one chooses to take on more responsibility that you are obligated via vows (Buddhism does quite a bit of this), contracts (marriage)....etc.

If i were to take on a healing contract and have an exchange, naturally i would bear responsibility for that interaction. Members agree to a contract of rules/regulations as they become members of this forum. One might argue as you are doing that my responsibility goes beyond those rules agreed upon by the average member because of my capacities/claims....that there is a secret lurking contract that i unknowlingy agreed to....i disagree fervently and will continue to be a wandering commentator....without chains. To be fair...there is implied responsibly when involved in a community....but...that is not solid enough....and I happily dance around in the liminal. 

(3)Sensitivity varies drastically. I've heard people say they can look at others and see there past lives instantaneously. Where the limit on these things are...is unknown 

1 hour ago, steve said:

I disagree - one is offering an impersonal resource, the other is personally diagnosing a specific condition then offering the cure, for a price. Huge difference in my mind.

(4)This is splitting hairs IMO. I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. Lawyers in a court room may make such distinctions, but i do not...your "responsible" for what you "put out". How many people have you known that have been damaged with poor methods?

Edited by RiverSnake

At the risk of beating a stolid horse, I´ll add that giving people information about themselves is always tricky.  It´s tricky even when people ask for the information and even trickier when they don´t.  Not everybody is prepared or ready to make good use of information about the inner workings of their psyches or energy bodies -- especially if this information is accurate.  With perceptiveness comes responsibility: we have a responsibility not to hurt people with what we know.  It´s one thing to understand someone´s flaws -- a relatively easy feat -- another thing to communicate one´s understanding in a way that leads another to healing and growth.  Often the insights that prove most beneficial are the ones clients reach on their own.  

RiverSnake -- I´ll bet you could read a few of my posts and tell me quite a bit about myself, likely some things I´m not aware of.  You´re musings might well be dead right.  But please don´t.  I take your abilities seriously.  Your ability to access priviledged information does, in my opinion, obligate you to use what you know wisely.  Healing others is a sacred trust.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, steve said:

.. , asking them to provide credentials does not seem unreasonable to me.

Which anyone can already do either through unstructured conversation, or more extensively within their own "personal practice sections" that we set up for people already, or through an external website.

I think that many points have already been covered... many people commenting on one person.

Maybe it's time we just give RiverSnake some space to absorb, process, adjust.

cheers,

Trunk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

At the risk of beating a stolid horse, I´ll add that giving people information about themselves is always tricky.  It´s tricky even when people ask for the information and even trickier when they don´t.  Not everybody is prepared or ready to make good use of information about the inner workings of their psyches or energy bodies -- especially if this information is accurate.  With perceptiveness comes responsibility: we have a responsibility not to hurt people with what we know.  It´s one thing to understand someone´s flaws -- a relatively easy feat -- another thing to communicate one´s understanding in a way that leads another to healing and growth.  Often the insights that prove most beneficial are the ones clients reach on their own.  

RiverSnake -- I´ll bet you could read a few of my posts and tell me quite a bit about myself, likely some things I´m not aware of.  You´re musings might well be dead right.  But please don´t.  I take your abilities seriously.  Your ability to access priviledged information does, in my opinion, obligate you to use what you know wisely.  Healing others is a sacred trust.

I agree with you fervently, actions/words need to be exercised with the same caution as you would a blade....yet It is still very easy to screw up and "miss the mark". In all honesty, this forum has been a good tool over the years, helping me and i'm assure many others refine there thoughts and words.  

Don't be silly liminal, i'm not Darth Vader and rarely work for free nowadays. Sorting through peoples "stuff" is a mucky endeavor.

I agree with Trunks last post...i feel this thread has exhausted itself and what's needed to be said has been said. Back to the shadows for me. Long live TDB.  :P

Edited by RiverSnake
  • Like 2