Eggsistentialist

What am I supposed to do with this energy??

4 hours ago, Conan said:

Thanks!

To make a chart I need a full set of information (birth day, birth time and place of birth).

For instance, Gopi Krishna's astrological information is:

30 May 1903
12:14 AM
Gairoo (India)

My own details are:

1 februari 1988
10:09 AM
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Adding my own details to reciprocate. (Hopefully you won't feel 'naked' anymore as the only one with their deets out ;))

If you still want to go ahead (I'd understand if you're reluctant to give out any more private information), you can PM me the rest of the information or post it here.

If you want to continue I'd make your chart and study/ponder it for an hour or so. I'd pay particular attention to the condition of your 3rd house, your 4th house, your 8th house, their ruling planets and your Jupiter. If you're interested I can explain what these mean and why I would look to them to make sense of Kundalini.

That's very generous of you!

Sept. 8, 1977

8:58 am 

Calgary, Canada

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Conan said:

Correction, my place of birth is Arnhem (I've been living in Amsterdam most of my life, hence, the error).

I recommend this book, if you haven't read it already:

9780917776113.jpg

I have it on scribd and doesn't look too long. My list of books just got yuuuuge!  It's amazing how differently yet similarly people have experienced and tried to describe it. Some people's writings haven't sat well with me at first or just seemed, for example, a bit too weird. Thinking on them over a short period of time however, I start to see that's just how their minds were able to process what they were struggling to grasp. I had begun another one by Gopi but left off at the first chapter, maybe this one will get in between my ears instead. He wrote a lot!

I had to text my mother to ask what time I arrived. Omg she is now reliving my whole birth :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Eggsistentialist said:

I have it on scribd and doesn't look too long. My list of books just got yuuuuge!  It's amazing how differently yet similarly people have experienced and tried to describe it. Some people's writings haven't sat well with me at first or just seemed, for example, a bit too weird. Thinking on them over a short period of time however, I start to see that's just how their minds were able to process what they were struggling to grasp. I had begun another one by Gopi but left off at the first chapter, maybe this one will get in between my ears instead. He wrote a lot!

I had to text my mother to ask what time I arrived. Omg she is now reliving my whole birth :wacko:

You are correct, he did have more than one book. I wanted to recommend the book that describes his Kundalini experience, subsequent health crisis and his narrow escape from death. I'm afraid I might have recommended the wrong book. By your description it sounds like it might have been the one you you opened but didn't finish. I will have to go back to my books and figure out which one it is. I'll let you know.

As far as birth time. I was lucky to still have my birth card, which looks something like this and was provided by the hospital. Notice that this person's birth time wasn't recorded. In astrology we try to fix that with birth time rectification (reverse engineering birth time by comparing your life with the planetary placements). It's difficult to do it reliably, so it's good your mother remembers.

While I study your chart you can learn more about your ascendant (the most important factor in astrology), by watching this. He is one of the best astrologers I've come across online.

8 hours ago, Eggsistentialist said:

That's very generous of you!

Win-win. I get to learn more about Kundalini from an astrological perspective. Only right to make it worth your while.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 6:26 PM, Eggsistentialist said:

Sept. 8, 1977

8:58 am 

Calgary, Canada

Hi Egghead...,

Are you serious?

What if you reach the twelve of never?

Then you will not return to TDB.

Please reconsider ~ we need more eggs...

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Correction

@Eggsistentialist

Before I proceed, I’d like to confirm that your BT (birth time) is correct.

One thing we can use to confirm this is any life experiences matching your Mercury/12th cusp conjunction. If your BT is correct, you will have experiences of the nature of this conjunction (especially considering how tight this conjunction is in your chart). I have the same placement (see the attached image), so I kind of know what results it ‘gives’.

One consequence of this for me is that my neighbours are more likely to be nosey/passive aggressive/into gossip/subtle provocations. (The 12th house governs hidden enemies [among many other things], and Mercury governs neighbours [among many other things]). Since Mercury also governs your 10th house (career, nobility), you might have had similar experiences with career people.

If that resonates with you, I would consider your BT correct. With resonating I mean you would say it’s more the case with you than it is with other people. Can you confirm or discomfirm the part about neighbours?

Mercury in the 12th.png

Edited by Conan

On 2021-02-01 at 4:00 PM, Bindi said:

Dantians are formed, they don’t just appear naturally. My perspective comes from what my mother ‘sees’, I got her to experiment once and see the lower dantian of my cousin, my mother saw a ‘field of potential’ but there was nothing actually there. A lower dantian that is formed has a constantly moving energy signature which powers how the system operates. 

Take the Neijing Tu as an example, or at least the bottom section, 

image.jpeg.3e30e131048866682e1e1456994fe0af.jpeg

A boy and a girl (yin and yang) are working a very mechanical device, the water wheel, that creates energy, and it is this energy further down the process that is used for healing. I don’t think kundalini is associated with healing energy, at least not that I’ve ever heard. Depleting your energy is like using the water but not replenishing it, so it will soon run out if you’re using it for something like healing.  

See this link, it talks about the buffalo planting a golden coin, this and the water wheel is where neidan starts, it’s the basis for everything else, it gets you out of your head and in a way grounds spirituality in the body. Ultimately it can lead to the answer to your question, ‘now what’. 

edit to add: actually, just thinking about it now, it’s not the water wheel which powers qi healing, it’s more to do with the developing of the gold coin that was planted in the LDT and in good time brought up to the middle dantian, it’s this gold coin that is developed along the way that is fundamental in healing. 

I looked at the link. I looked up the image, found it in colour, read some other things about it. I could study this for days and weeks and months. I have NO idea what it means but it's just so striking. The idea that its a human body, the spine indicated by the wall with the gates, but yet it's a land mass, the shape of which is like a resting dragon. People and animals and objects symbolically acting upon it in different regions. The celestial aspect of the big dipper... It doesn't just go into thee brain, it really makes you think and rethink. Or it makes me think anyway. Woaaahh

19 hours ago, Conan said:

You are correct, he did have more than one book. I wanted to recommend the book that describes his Kundalini experience, subsequent health crisis and his narrow escape from death. I'm afraid I might have recommended the wrong book. By your description it sounds like it might have been the one you you opened but didn't finish. I will have to go back to my books and figure out which one it is. I'll let you know.

As far as birth time. I was lucky to still have my birth card, which looks something like this and was provided by the hospital. Notice that this person's birth time wasn't recorded. In astrology we try to fix that with birth time rectification (reverse engineering birth time by comparing your life with the planetary placements). It's difficult to do it reliably, so it's good your mother remembers.

While I study your chart you can learn more about your ascendant (the most important factor in astrology), by watching this. He is one of the best astrologers I've come across online.

That was insanely accurate. Wow!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Egghead,

Are you serious?

What if you reach the twelve of never?

Then you will not return to TDB.

Please reconsider ~ we need more eggs...

- Anand

Wait... are you calling me old??! Shhh I look young for my age! That video was so peaceful. Imagine how colourful those trees are just before the leaves fall!

2 hours ago, Conan said:

@Eggsistentialist

Before I proceed, I’d like to confirm that your BT (birth time) is correct.

One thing we can use to confirm this is any life experiences matching your Mercury/12th cusp conjunction. If your BT is correct, you will have experiences of the nature of this conjunction (especially considering how tight this conjunction is in your chart). I have the same placement (see the attached image), so I kind of know what results it ‘gives’.

One consequence of this for me is that my neighbours are more likely to be nosey/passive aggressive/into gossip/subtle provocations. (The 12th house governs hidden enemies [among many other things], and Mercury governs neighbours [among many other things]). Since Mercury also governs your 10th house (career, nobility), you might have had similar experiences with career people.

If that resonates with you, I would consider your BT correct. With resonating I mean you would say it’s more the case with you than it is with other people. Can you confirm or discomfirm the part about neighbours?

Mercury in the 12th.png

Yup! Not just neighbours, as in ppl that live in my super small town that are all up in your business and gossiping about what you did before you even thought about doing it, but my workplace is suuuuper nosey/gossipy/ certain family members and other persons are passive aggressive to the point I've started learning to just communicate with certain ppl by making no evaluations about things or people and only observations and often repeat back what they've said by dropping their subtle hints and just stating "if I understand you, you would like ____." And my worst enemies have always surprised me by being ppl i was close to :( Also, my mother is really certain of the time and I was her only child so there's a good chance she is correct, although my wallet sized birth certificate does not record the time (i checked). This is kind of exciting!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eggsistentialist said:

Wait... are you calling me old??! Shhh I look young for my age!

Apology.

It is now...

On 2/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, Limahong said:

Egghead...

On 2/3/2021 at 7:27 AM, Eggsistentialist said:

Also, my mother is really certain of the time and I was her only child so there's a good chance she is correct, although my wallet sized birth certificate does not record the time (i checked). This is kind of exciting!

I’m sure the BT your mother remembers, is correct. The litmus test of the 12th house/Mercury conjunction is good enough corroboration for me.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:27 AM, Eggsistentialist said:

And my worst enemies have always surprised me by being ppl i was close to :(

Actually, this is more useful information that checks out in your chart and supports the BT your mother remembers.

Saturn, your 6th lord (open enemies) is in your 11th house (friends, cousins of father, associates of father). You may know that Saturn is a feared planet due to its austere nature. But your Saturn is more bad-natured than normal due to its ownership of the 6th cusp in your chart. Also, the Saturn in your chart is placed in a basically Machiavellian group of stars called Ashlesha. (You can google that name to learn more about the influences imparted by these stars in Vedic astrology). These inherent and acquired qualities of Saturn are rubbing off on your 11th house, which you then experience in your social circle (potentially also with one or more paternal uncles/aunts). The fact that your Saturn also rules your 5th house (entertainment, social events, romance, play, children) is a redeeming or softening factor.

Moving on to indications of Kundalini in your chart.

You do not have the eye-catching placements suggestive of Kundalini that Gopi Krishna has. For instance:

• Krishna story is basically that his nervous system was almost fried by a hot psychoactive substance unknown to science. He also mentions yogis who have died by burning up on the inside. His story is supported by the placement of his Sun (burns, burning sensation, acid, etc.) tightly conjunct his 4th cusp (mind, spine, nervous system).
  • Krishna’s Mars, which happens to be the lord of his 3rd house (since Aries holds his 3rd house cusp), is tightly conjunct his 8th cusp. The 3rd lord governs circulating bioenergy, and the 8th house governs accidents, but also the occult. So, this tight conjunction can be read as ‘occult-themed accident with bioenergy’.
  • The same Mars already mentioned, is with the north node, and both are in the 8th house (accidents). In Vedic astrology the north node is known to cause sudden unexpected situations (ie plot twists).
  • Krishna’s 7th cusp (which rules the base of the spine, among other things) is in Ashlesha nakshatra, a constellation thought by Vedic astrologers to be ruled by a snake deity. Traditionally, Kundalini energy is related it to a snake. It’s said to move up the spine in a snake-like manner when activated, and to be coiled around the base of the spine when dormant.

See the first attached image to help make sense of this. I've placed some comments and arrows on Krishna's chart.

Compare this with your chart (see the second attached image). At first glance, you do not appear to have the eye-catching placements suggestive of Kundalini. For instance, there are no known planets in your 4th and 8th house.

Your story is still totally credible from an astrological viewpoint. What you lack in tight eye-catching placements is compensated in other ways. Unfortunately, I cannot talk about these indications without revealing information that I use in my profession. But I will try to make some observations without being too explicit:

• You might not have your north node in the 8th house with your 3rd lord, like Krishna. But you do have your north node at the exact same degree as Krishna (21° Virgo). People with the same unusual experiences may have planets of that nature, at the same degree. There are 360 degrees in a chart, so that is pretty significant. There is meaning in such placements that can be deciphered.
  • The Moon rules the mind/nervous system/spine. Your Moon occupies essentially the same place (24° Gemini) as Krishna’s Moon (23° Gemini). This is very significant, as explained above.
  • You have a mystery planet doing something that is consistent with Kundalini. This planet is not acknowledged by astronomers as a visible planet. But I can confirm (through experience) that it’s a valid astrological point, and it’s doing something consistent with Kundalini in your chart. Look at what happens when I tell the software to turn this planet on. It’s actually conjunct your 8th cusp. See the second attached image.
  • You may not have the Sun in front of your 4th house cusp (mind, spine, nervous system), but you do have something equivalent. In astrology, if someone has an experience and the suspected planet is not in a position to directly impart its influence, there are a number of ways the planet can still be implicated in the experience. You have a number of such alternative influences, which makes it redundant. Redundancy of indications of Kundalini is reassuring as it makes it likely that this is the chart of a Kundalini experiencer.

I have to say this was interesting. It appears to be exactly as you said. Kundalini is not intrinsically a spiritual attainment. Although I still agree with the traditional view (that certain methods of inducing it, can lead to spiritual attainments). But in Krishna’s chart, and in your chart, it seems to be depicted as an accident in the normal circulation or storage of bioenergy.

Gopi Krishna.png

Eggsistentialist - Gopi Krishna.png

A conjunction of the right kind.png

On 2/2/2021 at 10:01 PM, Eggsistentialist said:

You are correct, he did have more than one book.

Hi Eggsistentialist,

Were Gopi Krishna's original books written in English or another language?

- Anand

On 2/2/2021 at 2:55 AM, Conan said:

Hi Conan,

I have asked  Eggsistentialist the same question ~

"Were Gopi Krishna's original books written in English or another language?"

Do you know?

"I will have to go back to my books and figure out which one it is. I'll let you know."

After going back to your books ~ can you  please share with us Gopi Krishna's book list re the subject of Kundalini?

Thank you.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

15 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Conan,

I have asked  Eggsistentialist the same question ~

"Were Gopi Krishna's original books written in English or another language?"

Do you know?

"I will have to go back to my books and figure out which one it is. I'll let you know."

After going back to your books ~ can you  please share with us Gopi Krishna's book list re the subject of Kundalini?

Thank you.

- Anand

This is the book @Eggsistentialist @Limahong

https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Evolutionary-Energy-Krishna-Gopi/dp/1570622809

15 hours ago, Limahong said:

Were Gopi Krishna's original books written in English or another language?

It seems like this book, at least, was originally written in English:

His autobiography Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man, which presented his personal account of the phenomenon of his awakening of Kundalini, (later renamed Living with Kundalini), was published in Great Britain and the United States and has since appeared in eleven major languages.

@Eggsistentialist

My brother-in-law could not grasp the significance of what I related to him, but said that his guru had once remarked that if by mistake Kundalini were aroused through any other nadi (nerve) except Sushumna, there was every danger of serious psychic and physical disturbances, ending in permanent disability, insanity, or death. This was particularly the case, the teacher had said, if the awakening occurred through pingala on the right side of the spine when the unfortunate man is literally burned to death due to excessive internal heat, which cannot be controlled by any external means. I was horrified by this statement and in desperation went to consult a learned ascetic from Kashmir who had come to spend the winter at Jammu. He heard me with patience and said that the experience I had undergone could not at all be due to the awakening of the serpent power, as that was always blissful and could not be associated with any agency liable to cause disease or disturbance. He made another gruesome suggestion, heard from his teacher or picked up from some ancient work, to the effect that my malady was probably due to the venom of malignant spirits that beset the path of Yogis, and prescribed a decoction, which I never took.

Pulling the cover over my face, I stretched myself to my full length on the bed, burning in
every  fibre,  lashed  as  it  were  by  a  fiery  rain  of  red-hot  needles  piercing  my  skin.  At  this
moment a fearful idea struck me. Could it be that I had aroused Kundalini through pingala or
the solar nerve which regulates the flow of heat in the body and is located on the right side of
Sushumna'?
If so, I was doomed, I thought desperately and as if by divine dispensation the
idea flashed across my brain to make a last-minute attempt to rouse Ida, or the lunar nerve on
the left side, to activity,  thus  neutralizing the  dreadful burning  effect  of  the  devouring fire
within
. With my mind reeling and senses deadened with pain, but with all the will-power left
at my command, I brought my attention to bear on the left side of the seat of Kundalini, and
tried to force an imaginary cold current upward through the middle of the spinal cord. In that
extraordinarily extended, agonized, and exhausted state of consciousness, I distinctly felt the
location of the nerve and strained hard mentally to divert its flow into the central channel.
Then, as if waiting for the destined moment, a miracle happened

There was a sound like a nerve thread snapping and instantaneously a silvery streak passed
zigzag through the spinal cord, exactly like the sinuous movement of a white serpent in rapid
flight, pouring an effulgent, cascading shower of brilliant vital energy into my brain, filling
my head with a blissful lustre in place of the flame that had been tormenting me for the last
three hours
. Completely taken by surprise at this sudden transformation of the fiery current,
darting across the entire network of my nerves only a moment before, and overjoyed at the
cessation of pain, I remained absolutely quiet and motionless for some time, tasting the bliss
of relief
with a mind flooded with emotion, unable to believe I was really free of the horror.

From a PDF preview of the book:

http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/downloads/kundalini-the-evolutionary-energy-in-man_gopi-krishna_(89pg).pdf

I forgot this book is filled with hints about what Kundalini is and (by extension) how the body works. You may find the bolded useful as far as understanding what's happening, and the possible solution.

Hi @Eggsistentialist

In the ancient texts of tantra it has been clearly indicated that it does not matter if kundalini enters another passageway. If there is an awakening in pingala, one becomes a healer or a siddha, one who has control over nature, matter and the mind. When there is awakening in ida, one can predict things; he becomes a prophet.

From a normal perspective, maybe this book can help...Adding to the list of suggestions here :)

https://sriyogaashram.com/ebook/Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati-Kundalini-Tantra.pdf

• Like 1

On 2021-02-04 at 6:28 AM, Conan said:

I’m sure the BT your mother remembers, is correct. The litmus test of the 12th house/Mercury conjunction is good enough corroboration for me.

Actually, this is more useful information that checks out in your chart and supports the BT your mother remembers.

Saturn, your 6th lord (open enemies) is in your 11th house (friends, cousins of father, associates of father). You may know that Saturn is a feared planet due to its austere nature. But your Saturn is more bad-natured than normal due to its ownership of the 6th cusp in your chart. Also, the Saturn in your chart is placed in a basically Machiavellian group of stars called Ashlesha. (You can google that name to learn more about the influences imparted by these stars in Vedic astrology). These inherent and acquired qualities of Saturn are rubbing off on your 11th house, which you then experience in your social circle (potentially also with one or more paternal uncles/aunts). The fact that your Saturn also rules your 5th house (entertainment, social events, romance, play, children) is a redeeming or softening factor.

Moving on to indications of Kundalini in your chart.

You do not have the eye-catching placements suggestive of Kundalini that Gopi Krishna has. For instance:

• Krishna story is basically that his nervous system was almost fried by a hot psychoactive substance unknown to science. He also mentions yogis who have died by burning up on the inside. His story is supported by the placement of his Sun (burns, burning sensation, acid, etc.) tightly conjunct his 4th cusp (mind, spine, nervous system).
  • Krishna’s Mars, which happens to be the lord of his 3rd house (since Aries holds his 3rd house cusp), is tightly conjunct his 8th cusp. The 3rd lord governs circulating bioenergy, and the 8th house governs accidents, but also the occult. So, this tight conjunction can be read as ‘occult-themed accident with bioenergy’.
  • The same Mars already mentioned, is with the north node, and both are in the 8th house (accidents). In Vedic astrology the north node is known to cause sudden unexpected situations (ie plot twists).
  • Krishna’s 7th cusp (which rules the base of the spine, among other things) is in Ashlesha nakshatra, a constellation thought by Vedic astrologers to be ruled by a snake deity. Traditionally, Kundalini energy is related it to a snake. It’s said to move up the spine in a snake-like manner when activated, and to be coiled around the base of the spine when dormant.

See the first attached image to help make sense of this. I've placed some comments and arrows on Krishna's chart.

Compare this with your chart (see the second attached image). At first glance, you do not appear to have the eye-catching placements suggestive of Kundalini. For instance, there are no known planets in your 4th and 8th house.

Your story is still totally credible from an astrological viewpoint. What you lack in tight eye-catching placements is compensated in other ways. Unfortunately, I cannot talk about these indications without revealing information that I use in my profession. But I will try to make some observations without being too explicit:

• You might not have your north node in the 8th house with your 3rd lord, like Krishna. But you do have your north node at the exact same degree as Krishna (21° Virgo). People with the same unusual experiences may have planets of that nature, at the same degree. There are 360 degrees in a chart, so that is pretty significant. There is meaning in such placements that can be deciphered.
  • The Moon rules the mind/nervous system/spine. Your Moon occupies essentially the same place (24° Gemini) as Krishna’s Moon (23° Gemini). This is very significant, as explained above.
  • You have a mystery planet doing something that is consistent with Kundalini. This planet is not acknowledged by astronomers as a visible planet. But I can confirm (through experience) that it’s a valid astrological point, and it’s doing something consistent with Kundalini in your chart. Look at what happens when I tell the software to turn this planet on. It’s actually conjunct your 8th cusp. See the second attached image.
  • You may not have the Sun in front of your 4th house cusp (mind, spine, nervous system), but you do have something equivalent. In astrology, if someone has an experience and the suspected planet is not in a position to directly impart its influence, there are a number of ways the planet can still be implicated in the experience. You have a number of such alternative influences, which makes it redundant. Redundancy of indications of Kundalini is reassuring as it makes it likely that this is the chart of a Kundalini experiencer.

I have to say this was interesting. It appears to be exactly as you said. Kundalini is not intrinsically a spiritual attainment. Although I still agree with the traditional view (that certain methods of inducing it, can lead to spiritual attainments). But in Krishna’s chart, and in your chart, it seems to be depicted as an accident in the normal circulation or storage of bioenergy.

Gopi Krishna.png

Eggsistentialist - Gopi Krishna.png

A conjunction of the right kind.png

Hi Conan,

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I found it interesting that you used Gopi Krishna's chart as comparison. Absolutely my experience with Kundalini, 20 years ago when if first happened was an accident. I didn't know what it was and was completely traumatized by it and wondered about it throughout my whole life when, I guess I was ready to accept the truth about it. I can't understand why people pursue such an experience. I wouldn't recommend it to very many types of people. Monks, for example, are possibly reasonable candidates. As for myself, when it wakes up I have to dramatically adjust to the changes and it's painful. Very difficult. I have a positive outlook because of my age and experience, however, both my inner and outer world has been smashed to pieces! I'm grateful I didn't have the experience of Gopi Krishna, that seems pretty intense. I did and do get unusual physical feelings of heat. It's not just heat, it flushes the skin. For example it is winter and I will have no explanation to give for why the right side of my face and body are red. Must be the wind, i have to conjecture vaguely. I don't find very many people writings helpful, other than as confirmation that I'm not the only one persevering like this, because individual experiences vary widely and dramatically. One person's experience can seem totally foreign unless I listen very closely, when sometimes I can see the strange experience they are relating are just the collection of circumstances, thoughts, emotions that  kundalini used to teach them. Dogmas don't work one iota here!

I appreciate this. You seem very good at your work! Thank you

• Like 1

On 2021-02-05 at 2:23 AM, Conan said:

This is the book @Eggsistentialist @Limahong

https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Evolutionary-Energy-Krishna-Gopi/dp/1570622809

It seems like this book, at least, was originally written in English:

His autobiography Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man, which presented his personal account of the phenomenon of his awakening of Kundalini, (later renamed Living with Kundalini), was published in Great Britain and the United States and has since appeared in eleven major languages.

Yes! That is the book I had originally started reading too :)

• Like 1

On 2021-02-05 at 6:25 AM, Conan said:

@Eggsistentialist

From a PDF preview of the book:

http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/downloads/kundalini-the-evolutionary-energy-in-man_gopi-krishna_(89pg).pdf

I forgot this book is filled with hints about what Kundalini is and (by extension) how the body works. You may find the bolded useful as far as understanding what's happening, and the possible solution.

Thanks!! I have a copy of the e-book already. 

So far I feel like it's different for everyone. For example, one author almost demonizes Carl Jung as a dabbler, but without knowing much about Jung when mine activated I was instinctively aware of the subconscious shadow at work in me as well as the collective unconscious, and not only vey quickly found out about but purchased and read (parts of) the red book, understanding easily what Jung was describing. 

I don't think any single one way, or one person's story, or one method even is THE way. Rather it all seems to be a mosaic. 

• Like 1

On 2021-02-05 at 6:32 AM, Bhathen said:

Hi @Eggsistentialist

From a normal perspective, maybe this book can help...Adding to the list of suggestions here :)

https://sriyogaashram.com/ebook/Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati-Kundalini-Tantra.pdf

Normal? 

I learned more from this book in an hour than I have in 3 months of trying to piece everything together. No exaggeration. Your timing is impeccable. Thanks a bunch!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Eggsistentialist said:

Hi Conan,

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I found it interesting that you used Gopi Krishna's chart as comparison. Absolutely my experience with Kundalini, 20 years ago when if first happened was an accident. I didn't know what it was and was completely traumatized by it and wondered about it throughout my whole life when, I guess I was ready to accept the truth about it. I can't understand why people pursue such an experience. I wouldn't recommend it to very many types of people. Monks, for example, are possibly reasonable candidates. As for myself, when it wakes up I have to dramatically adjust to the changes and it's painful. Very difficult. I have a positive outlook because of my age and experience, however, both my inner and outer world has been smashed to pieces! I'm grateful I didn't have the experience of Gopi Krishna, that seems pretty intense. I did and do get unusual physical feelings of heat. It's not just heat, it flushes the skin. For example it is winter and I will have no explanation to give for why the right side of my face and body are red. Must be the wind, i have to conjecture vaguely. I don't find very many people writings helpful, other than as confirmation that I'm not the only one persevering like this, because individual experiences vary widely and dramatically. One person's experience can seem totally foreign unless I listen very closely, when sometimes I can see the strange experience they are relating are just the collection of circumstances, thoughts, emotions that  kundalini used to teach them. Dogmas don't work one iota here!

Based on the Kundalini charts I have right now, it's my personal view that Kundalini unfolds based on a number of variables. I believe that one of those variables governs if you can even have a classic Kundalini experience or not (I think the snake constellation Ashlesha plays a major role in this), and another governs the ‘flavour’ (for instance, Gopi Krishna described the substance as being radiant and self-organizing as if it knew what it was doing). Since there is this built in variation, it could explain why you have difficulty finding cases that match your own experiences.

Not in any way saying that I know what you're going through, but I know from standing practice that I feel sensations that I've never seen fellow practitioners describe before. I believe that while appearing interchangeable on the outside, individuals belong to different energetic 'stocks', and even then there is variation within each stock. Some of these stocks tend to promote some  experiences and bar others. IMO, many clues in cultivation literature point to this.

17 hours ago, Eggsistentialist said:

I appreciate this. You seem very good at your work! Thank you

It was fun and rewarding. I’m now two Kundalini charts richer (I’ve looked up Swami Satyananda’s birth day, and I’m confident that I’ve solved his birth time, using rectification).

One of the reasons I like astrology is that it’s like a magnifying glass to approach mysteries that cannot be demystified in any other way. Details of an event may be lost to the sands of time, witnesses may lie or be difficult to get access to. This is why there is nothing like using divination to catch glimpses of the universe’s take on long-standing mysteries (e.g. Kundalini, alchemy, etc). For someone like me who is interested in deriving practical abilities from astrology (e.g. medicine, understanding the energetic qualities of different people and travel destinations) it’s like being a child in a candy store.