arthur

Moving Dan Tian shortens life?

An interesting video of Sadhguru describing the risk of moving the Manipura (i believe this refers to the dan tian), that will shorten one's life, when the body is moved along.

What's your thought, sifus.

• Haha 2

My advice is to be very mentally "hygienic".

By that I mean don't give teachers and teachings space in your head unless they can prove without a doubt they are the real deal.  

Just because a person is good at talking, and people enjoy listening to what they say doesn't mean they have a clue what they are talking about. 

It is very easy to get caught up in world of nonsense and false teachings if you aren't careful.  

Edited by Iliketurtles
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Iliketurtles said:

Just because a person is good at talking, and people enjoy listening to what they say doesn't mean they have a clue what they are talking about. 

It is very easy to get caught up in world of nonsense and false teachings if you aren't careful.  

Completely agree.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arthur said:

An interesting video of Sadhguru describing the risk of moving the Manipura (i believe this refers to the dan tian), that will shorten one's life, when the body is moved along.

What's your thought, sifus.

The others are right. 

AND manipura is the 3rd chakra not a dantien. Dantien and chakras are not the same.

Best

• Like 8

Moving manipuraka has genuine disastrous consequences. However, the manipuraka chakra is not the LDT. The Taoist term for this chakra is the Wheel of Upright Path.

10 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Can you actually move a chakra? 

@dwai or anyone else with some actual experience of hindu systems? 

I've never heard of the Manipura mentioned in that way -- but I trust Sadhguru's knowledge of the Yogic/Tantric system. He is a genuine Yoga-Siddha (IMHO as well as many other far more credible friends (than myself) who have a good deal of attainment). I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss what he says. 

I do know of yogis having such powers. Famously (in the West), Paramahamsa Yogananda would bounce people using his belly (I can't find a reference to this anywhere though). 

A few years ago, two of my Kriya Yoga friends were mystified by my fajin demos and they asked their teacher how it was possible, and he told them that it was by regulation of prana in a certain way (though I'm not sure he knew how to do it). 

In terms of the Daoist/IMA perspective, my Sifu told me there are two ways to transfer power (fajin). One is by crashing our force into the ground and using the rebounding force from there, which is depleting. Typical fajin demonstrations use this kind of power, and is cited as a reason why many of the IMA masters died relatively young (in their 50s and 60s).  I know a few friends who damaged their kidneys with that kind of fajin practices. 

The other kind of power transfer is to use what my Sifu calls Surface power, which is not using our own jin directly, but the power that is pervasive all around us -- that kind of power transfer will not drain us. I find this to be true from personal experience (and my Sifu, his Sifu have excellent health, vibrant power, etc well into their 70s now). 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This reminds me of the Rainbow Body practices of Tibetan Buddhism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_body

It is generally NOT advised to practice this as it supposedly shortens life. 

For reference -  enlightenment is precisely the realization that there IS no "self" that "does" or "chooses", there is only intention rising naturally and passing, like all phenomena, having nothing whatsoever with a person or choosing. So then, the practices, the practitioner,  and the story of the results all are illusory.

Why not relax? :D