Nash

Looking for my own way

Hi guys.

University student here and happy to be here. I accidentally stumbled about some articles and videos about internal cultivation, and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not religious nor a believer in anything spiritual, but I thought I couldn't dismiss it without trying, so here I am, hopefully with a mind open enough and a determination strong enough. I hope we'll have a fruitful time together.

Since I'm a beginner to all of this, I was wondering where I could start from? I found a few books and they seem quite complicated for me. They seem obscured on purpose to hide information from the common people? As for the "online courses", there are quite a few and it's hard to tell who's a con artist and who's the real deal, and I don't think I can afford them at the moment anyways. I would be thankful for any guidance.

Looking forward to find my own way and to follow it alongside you guys!

Nash

Hello Nash,

Your account is approved; welcome to what we affectionately call the bums.

You will find a wealth of information and opinions here. The search feature can be used to find old threads, or you are welcome to start new ones. 

Warm regards, and best of luck in finding what bests suits you,

ilu

P.S. There are three topics pinned at the top in this sub forum regarding expectations and rules here, please make sure you are familiar with them.

• Like 2

On 2021-01-23 at 10:28 PM, Nash said:

I found a few books and they seem quite complicated for me. They seem obscured on purpose to hide information from the common people? 

Yes. 

That is how it works, they usually describe things from a point of view one have to work rather hard to get to. Among other things, it breakes your mind out of the box and help in the quest to experience things differently. 

I believe that the point of a book would be something like "if you find a subject that sounds intetesting/fascinating, seek out a teacher from that tradition and have a go. 

• Like 1

If you want to find your own way, I suggest "Understanding the Book of Thoth".  In it you will find a description of the Rose Cross.  Use it, in combination with a basic text on Qabalah, and you can develop your own philosophy.  I wouldnt recommend any other books until you have some mastery over climbing the tree, and using the Rose Cross, because then you get into gods, godforms, elements, prophets, and sages with their own opinions.

Hi Nash, 

Welcome. Do you know if you have a preference for movement oriented or a more contemplative side of things?

Imagine for a moment that you are an eternal being. No beginning and no end....and existence is like an endless ocean...you only need to choose which direction to steer your boat....choose what realms of reality you wish to explore. 

What resonates with you and what aspect of reality could you see yourself joyfully exploring, in your eternal fun? 

Thought experiments like these can help you find your own path. Me and another practitioner talk about finding there path more fully here: 

Edited by RiverSnake