Oneironaut

Which are your favorite yoga nidra scripts?

I want to explore this yoga nidra technology a bit further. I think the Tibetan form of this practice is called luminosity yoga but I can’t find any information on it. I’m mainly looking for a script that helps with insomnia and trains one to cultivate the mind awake/body asleep state. 

Does anyone practice yoga nidra? If so then what are your favorite scripts and what are your experiences with it?

• Like 1

copy and pasted from an older posts-

In any case here is one of my favorites, excellent first thing in the morning on a lazy Saturday or Sunday.- Yoga_Nidra_Beach_and_Stars_42_min_1.mp3

I encourage people to go to http://www.yoganidranetwork.org and try out a few, find one they like, download it and work with it.  Often there are bits we miss the first few listenings that have experiential teachings. 

For those with Amazon Alexa units, you can Open up the skill Yoga Nidra, then anytime you want to hear a nice one you simply say Play Yoga Nidra and it plays. 

I notice the Yoga Nidra network changes there selection.  One of favorite longer ones Beach and Stars is no longer available.  So if you like one, download and why not throw them the organization a pound or two for it.

Google or search youtube for Yoga nidra and you can find many other sources for them.

This one is long and blends traditional yoga nidra and pleasant guided meditation imagery.  As I recall it cuts down the usual body sensing.  Instead of right hand thumb, right hand finger one etc., it does both 'sides' at once.  I was just listening to another nidra that began with the tip of the nose and worked out.  Nice to hear variety.