dindin

Psychotic relapse after practising semen retention

I had psychotic relapse after retaining semen. Initially I liked increased energy levels, improvements in cognitive abilities. I came at better acceptance of my mental illness. After few days I started thinking that all girls around me were attracted to me. It was exciting at first. I started getting interested in religion and spirituality. I don't know when I became psychotic. I started having self-referencing thoughts. I don't remember many things in detail.

I want to mention that I had taken treatment for psychosis. I have read it quite a few times that semen retention has caused psychotic breakdown for people. Some cases it unmasks latent psychosis. In mine I had psychotic relapse.

Thing I want to know if it is safe for a person like me to practice taoist sexual methods. It is highly likely I didn't practice these correctly as I was referencing books and a teacher. Or I should just stay away from them. And if there are other taoist methods which can help with mental health.

Another thing I want to say is I am not fond of spiritual aspect of taoism. Or any other religion for that matter. You guys might find it off-putting and annoying. I found these things way complicated and difficult to understand. And mainstream religions psychosis inducing. I was and still am solely interested in physical aspect of taoism. Quite similar to yoga.

Hi dindin,

Your account is approved.

If you have already experienced issues with sexually related practices (or your understanding of them), I would not recommend pursuing further related practices.

May you find the help you are seeking,

ilu

On 2021-01-22 at 6:07 AM, dindin said:

Thing I want to know if it is safe for a person like me to practice taoist sexual methods.

Not likely. Go to the Grotto section, read up on posts made by Desmonddf. 

And if there are other taoist methods which can help with mental health.

Yes. Finding a teacher willing to guide you through that might be difficult though, most teachers prefer cost-efficient students. 

Another thing I want to say is I am not fond of spiritual aspect of taoism. Or any other religion for that matter. You guys might find it off-putting and annoying.

Probably not, here, where diversity is the norm. 

I was and still am solely interested in physical aspect of taoism. Quite similar to yoga.

There are wonderful practices that grounds the mind in the body and in reality, just avoid the "powerful" stuff. 

• Like 1

If you have severe mental balances in your system. Pumping power through already blocked tubes is gonna cause some uncomfortable earthquakes in the system. Heal first, develop a foundation of stability. Then you may wish to come back to the buffet table.  

• Like 2

I recommend you take up a practice of moving meditation — if available near you, take up Chen taiji. I suspect you need something more physically demanding. 

http://practicalmethod.com/

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, dwai said:

I recommend you take up a practice of moving meditation — if available near you, take up Chen taiji. I suspect you need something more physically demanding. 

http://practicalmethod.com/

I was reaching similar conclusion. 🙏

On 1/22/2021 at 12:07 AM, dindin said:

Thing I want to know if it is safe for a person like me to practice taoist sexual methods.

No

It is highly likely I didn't practice these correctly as I was referencing books and a teacher.

That's correct.

These methods are very precise and easily misunderstood.

Even more important, they require considerable preparation. 

Or I should just stay away from them. And if there are other taoist methods which can help with mental health.

Yes, stay away. They will do you no good. Far more likely to cause you harm. 

I recommend practicing one of the internal martial arts - taijiquan, xingyiquan, or baguazhang.

These practices are grounding and take you out of your head and into your body.

They promote mind/body balance and physical health which promotes mental health.

Qigong can be a wonderful practice but can also exacerbate psychosis in those at risk.

If you do practice qigong, do it with an experienced teacher and let them know about your history of mental illness. 

Good luck to you!

• Like 2