Mufan99

Happy to Join You

Hi my name is Andy and my profile name 睦蹯 Mufan is a pun on the name of a handsome little cat called Muffin who spent his life with us. I live in the UK and have been interested in Chinese culture and religion since I was young. I collect Chinese porcelain and silver from the 1920s. I have been learning Tai Chi for about 18 months, but that has stalled during the pandemic, so I am still a complete beginner. I try to do Qi Gong exercises every day, either Ba Duan Jin or Yi Jin JIng. I was supposed to learn YJJ with Master Faye Yip last year, but the was cancelled because of Covid-19. I also collect rare or unusual fortune telling cards and have just bought the Mah Jongg cards by Derek Walters. I have been inspired to revisit Daoism by watching the Chinese fantasy TV series 'The Untamed' and I am now reading the English version of the original novel 'Grand-master of Demonic Cultivation'. Although it is fiction and fantasy there are some elements that seem to be traditional and authentic. That is a thumbnail sketch of me and I look forward to sharing your knowledge and ideas.

Greetings Mufan99, I'd love to see examples from your collections.  There was an art store in New Orleans where all paintings were inspired by tarot cards.  Wonderful place.  I think many have found direction and inspiration from fiction and fantasy books.  You don't want to live there or get too literal but great fiction can come from knowledgeable and inspired sources.  imo all great books are, in the end, philosophy books.  Welcome to the site. 

We're an eclectic philosophy forum for learning, discussing and cultivation.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and making some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

TDB team

At your leisure, please review-