Scholar

What a quadriplegic could do as energy work?

Im not paralysed but this topic always make me curious, what someone that cant move his legs and arms can do as energy work ? 

6 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Im not paralysed but this topic always make me curious, what someone that cant move his legs and arms can do as energy work ? 

You could move your ethereal legs and arms. I usually don't do physical forms I use energy body to do forms without moving the physical vessel. It is quite easy to do.

This is a major theme in Emilie Conrad's book, "Life On Land" - her Continuum work allowed people suffering from paralysis to come back to movement.

Amazing work that is still being carried on by her students. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm not paralyzed, only pretty much Jing wasted....I know first hand what it feels to be sometimes almost unable to move your legs.

I do not know about not moving your arms and I hope to God to never know.

That been said....there is one technique/cultivation that can be done... not initiated from the physical/ethereal body yet strongly affecting these.

That is sound....or Mantra Yoga if you prefer to call it that way.

Uttering certain sounds in a certain disciplined way (especially with your inner voice) is a mentally initiated process that affects deeply and almost visibly the body part of your being.

Now...this cultivation (by sound) can go either way: affecting mostly the body or mostly the mind.

To put it in a more "Daoistic" way: if you get to vibrate certain sounds in a rythmic manner, vibrating in all your body....and the sound sustains itself in a calmly, focused, fully controlled manner....you get something akin to Microcosmic Orbit.

While I am not familiar with M.O., I am familiar (to a very small extent) with that kind of self sustained sound power that cleans, balance and nourish your body.

IMHO. Please do not hesitate to correct me.

• Like 2

Vocal modalities are also key in Emilie Conrad's methods. 

Working with internal vibrations sets up standing waves that can last quite a while, and can have powerful effect, but this is not identical to the wave motion i experience during microcosmic orbit practice.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

It’s hard enough to awaken the energy body and build a Dantien for a healthy person.

So it would be hard. But certainly not impossible!

Wei Qi Liao Fa - or Qi emission can be used to help start certain energetic processes for the quadriplegic practitioner.

This could pave the way for more self initiated practice.

Sound would certainly be a powerful modality... but once the flywheel gets going - it can simply be enabled to do its work by ‘maintaining the cessation of words’...

Periodical assistance from a teacher to move the process along would be required (as it also often is for the able bodied).

• Like 1

I suppose I'm looking at the sounding work as a healing modality. A place to start.

Certainly working directly with a teacher and healer would be the greatest advantage.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1