Toni

Be very careful with icecreams

23 minutes ago, steve said:

Be equally careful with "news" about Covid, or anything else, coming out of China.

only news coming out of china? news from other places are better?

• Like 2

I’ve been largely disengaged from news since 9/11. At the time I was absorbing news voraciously. I began looking at multiple  sources from around the world and realized that news is largely propaganda or, at best, stories told through the limited geographical, cultural, and political filter of the reporter, producer, and publisher. Much distortion is intentional, much is not. 

Since last Wednesday I’ve been looking at some reporting and find PBS and BBC to be fairly neutral and intelligent.

• Like 2

I was closely and personally involved in a local event that made the nightly  local TV News, so I watched it ...... WTF!    How did it end up up like that ???   I knew the guy that filmed the footage , so I contacted him , found out what the next step was from him ( ie. what he did with the film ), where it went , hopped ,skipped and jumped to all over the country ( 'distributed ' by 'news services' ) and how it changed along the way and ended up at the local TV station and then went through the ( personality of ) local news editor .

'News editor ' ... now, there's a job !    . :rolleyes:

[ Actually, I rang him and drilled him on that particular story , claiming to be  student doing a project on ' how we get our news ' .   My questions became a little to 'uncomfortable'   for him  eventually  and he  got angry and hung up.  ]

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are awash in lies, innuendo, misinformation, and disinformation at a time when so many are so desperate for something they can hold onto to keep from drowning. It’s painful to watch. 

• Like 2

On 19/01/2021 at 12:48 AM, steve said:

We are awash in lies, innuendo, misinformation, and disinformation at a time when so many are so desperate for something they can hold onto to keep from drowning. It’s painful to watch. 

This is a red circle

1200px-Red_circle.svg.png

- there .  Now, wasn't that refreshing .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1