chino

Damo Mitchell's Internal Arts Academy - who's up for splitting a subscription?

6 minutes ago, XianGong said:

I have done something much more complex and dangerous and can compare. May be for people in Daoist tradition those practices are deep and hard. :lol:  This is so easy anyone can do this.

Doing authentic neigong training with an active DT and having Qi mobilise inside your body, literally changing your physical body is not easy :) No one that has gone or is going through authentic training would call it easy. Even the Buddha in the Suttas said that the physical transformation process was incredibly painful. 

"I thought: 'Suppose I were to become absorbed in the trance of non-breathing.' So I stopped the in-breaths & out-breaths in my nose & mouth. As I did so, there was a loud roaring of winds coming out my earholes, just like the loud roar of winds coming out of a smith's bellows... So I stopped the in-breaths & out-breaths in my nose & mouth & ears. As I did so, extreme forces sliced through my head, just as if a strong man were slicing my head open with a sharp sword... Extreme pains arose in my head, just as if a strong man were tightening a turban made of tough leather straps around my head... Extreme forces carved up my stomach cavity, just as if a butcher or his apprentice were to carve up the stomach cavity of an ox... There was an extreme burning in my body, just as if two strong men, grabbing a weaker man by the arms, were to roast & broil him over a pit of hot embers. And although tireless persistence was aroused in me, and unmuddled mindfulness established, my body was aroused & uncalm because of the painful exertion. But the painful feeling that arose in this way did not invade my mind or remain.

"Devas, on seeing me, said, 'Gotama the contemplative is dead.' Other devas said, 'He isn't dead, he's dying.' Others said, 'He's neither dead nor dying, he's an arahant, for this is the way arahants live.'

So to even suggest that it's "so easy"  is laughable to the highest degree. :)

Maybe if you mean just waving your hands around in front of your body while breathing deeply and then think that is the neigong and qigong being taught then yes, that's easy and great for relaxation :) But that's not what Damo is teaching. Damo teaches an authentic method that follows the principles of the YJJ and XSJ. He has a good video that helps explain it and what it involves...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@XianGong - It's ok to call people out and say that they're wrong - and that you're right, and a powerful immortal and so on...

But to be honest - unless you give us something else - something that suggests you actually understand what you're talking about - you're just coming across as one of these fellas:

92db54fe5f7d8685da1b2f2625e82a20.jpg

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, freeform said:

But to be honest - unless you give us something else - something that suggests you actually understand what you're talking about - you're just coming across as one of these fellas:

You have already proven you don't know what you are talking about when confused ethereal legs and arms with "imagination". I don't know what is left to talk here. I might visit your teacher mb..

53 minutes ago, freeform said:

@XianGong - It's ok to call people out and say that they're wrong - and that you're right, and a powerful immortal and so on...

Strawman argument. Don't put words in my mouth I have not said, just disrespectful.

51 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

Doing authentic neigong training with an active DT and having Qi mobilise inside your body, literally changing your physical body is not easy :) No one that has gone or is going through authentic training would call it easy. Even the Buddha in the Suttas said that the physical transformation process was incredibly painful. 

Yes, it is easy, when you apply to academy there are no "exams" no "tests".  Complex things are impossible to do for the majority of people. They are not taught online, moreover in prerecorded form or shape.

Tbh I like Damo, but I feel like what you have here built is more of a religious zealous sect and not a group of free-thinking cultivators. 

23 minutes ago, XianGong said:

just disrespectful

Disrespect and lack of respect are different.

I always start all personal interactions with implicit respect...

It's their behaviour that dictates whether that respect stays and grows - or dwindles.

It's to do with how one treats others and how seriously one takes oneself...

27 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Tbh I like Damo

It seems that you're pretty preoccupied with Damo - while I'm discussing the downsides of 'cheating' ones way into a school of internal arts - whether it's Damo's or Chia's or whoever.

I've not been on the Academy, but I've talked to people who are enrolled - and they're developing exceptionally well in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, freeform said:

It seems that you're pretty preoccupied with Damo - while I'm discussing the downsides of 'cheating' ones way into a school of internal arts - whether it's Damo's or Chia's or whoever.

Yeah, I don't think many people in the world care about this except you and few other people here and maybe Mantak Chia himself. 

From a business standpoint, if the guy would share his tuition fee with a girlfriend or someone, the Damo would get 40$ a month, now you discouraged him, he will get 0$, so you have made it worse for the "school of internal arts".

You also made it worse for him (Poor Student), as he could develop, and now he will do some other stuff, who knows what is it gonna be drugs?:lol:  All due to someones inflated moralism and ego centrism, with a carebear attitude towards insignificant things in life that will pass.

Edited by XianGong

FYI to all here, the OP cross-posted this message into several Daoist forums.  I imagine he has his answer now, one way or the other.

3 hours ago, XianGong said:

so you have made it worse for the "school of internal arts".

I'll be you one invisible pyrokinetic Yogi that its the other way around :D

14 hours ago, XianGong said:

Why?

Because it seems you came to this forum with good intentions - wanting to learn about Nei Gong, John Chang, etc. (Same reason I joined, a few years back!)

From what I can tell you have a background in some school of Western Magick, though I can't tell which (maybe it was self-guided practice?).

It seems you're at least familiar with some Daoist concepts, and that you're not a fan of Mantak Chia (cool, neither am I!), but you've got some pretty odd theories about how this stuff works:

On 12/3/2020 at 11:03 PM, XianGong said:

Lower Dan Tien represents itself a sea of Qi, which at an intermediate stage of cultivation turns into an electric field. Qi transforms into electricity naturally when you have enough of Qi. If you don't have Electricity inside, your Qi is not enough, weak Qi. Once Dan Tien is full of electric power it will become possible to project it outside which can lead both to giving electric jolts and to burning some easy to burn objects.

So I said I was sorry to hear that because:

Wrong ideas + a lot of self-assuredness + no teacher to help you = wasted time (speaking from experience).  I imagine you'll get over one of these things eventually but you've set some pretty lofty goals so its my hope that it happens sooner rather than later!

13 hours ago, Scholar said:

Lie, cheat, deceive, hurt. Thats the small sacrifice everyone who seeks power undergo. Abandon humanity, thats for the weak.True enlightment is being able to fulfill your strongest desires

Still can't tell if you're trolling, sir.  But I enjoy your posts, either way

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 3

Moderator note:

If you've made your point, complete and clear.

then why don't we Move On.  Nothing more to say here.

unless there's another on topic angle members would like to mention. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2021 at 10:59 AM, Creation said:

Here's what I would do in your position.  Start saving money now and set aside enough for 2 or 3 months of the Academy.  Start a subscription when your spring term ends.  Spend your summer break hitting the Academy material hard - there is an insane amount of material available from month 1 if you are motivated.  Weekly lessons in all modules (nei gong, taiji, bagua), stand alone courses (qigong foundations, heavenly streams, four dragons), and recordings of over 10 live zoom classes.  If you get through all of this, you will have plenty to practice while school is in session, when you might not have the ability to be keeping up with all the new practices from the weekly lessons anyway, so it's no real loss to cancel your subscription when school starts again. 

:quoted for emphasis:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

So I said I was sorry to hear that because:

Wrong ideas + a lot of self-assuredness + no teacher to help you = wasted time (speaking from experience).  I imagine you'll get over one of these things eventually but you've set some pretty lofty goals so its my hope that it happens sooner rather than later!

--- which idea is wrong and why you quote 2 months old post taken from another thread

On 1/19/2021 at 10:14 PM, freeform said:

Why do any training when you can just imagine that your energy body does it for you :) 

hmmm I might not be too quick to dismiss. Xiangong does seem a maverick but we never know everything

29 minutes ago, chino said:

works for something that’s about choreography and fine motor skill (eg martial arts) - does the opposite for cultivation unfortunately :) 

Edited by freeform

15 minutes ago, freeform said:

works for something that’s about choreography and fine motor skill (eg martial arts) - does the opposite for cultivation unfortunately :) 

I guess you know