chino

Damo Mitchell's Internal Arts Academy - who's up for splitting a subscription?

2 minutes ago, Feng69 said:

Sorry if it seemed like that.

No, it didn’t seem like that.

You're always very respectful :)

You're right that it’s not helpful to start with MCO practice - and that the Dantien needs to be developed first.

Just wanted to suggest that if someone wants to make progress the cheapest way possible, that they could get some of the foundational practices that lead up to the MCO from Damo’s books.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Hi @chino

If you want to learn inner alchemy, I can teach you it for free.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll do it here on a personal forum so that the entire membership can benefit as well, if the administrators are happy to provide me with one for that purpose.

Hi @Giles,

You are welcome to request your own Personal Practice Discussion area that you can use to discuss whatever you like, including, of course, teaching instructions for internal alchemy.  Just click on Forum and Tech Support and then put a request in under the Personal Practice Discussion Thread Request thread.   

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, freeform said:

Ohhh - you’re one of those.

That explains the attitude. 

Happy travels.

What's wrong with my attitude? Again something out of imagination? Karmic chicken McNuggets? :lol:

I think people have issues with facing reality as it is, whatever is shared online, eventually leaks. I have seen Damo's Dragon Dao Yin DVD's on torrents for many years. I am pretty sure books can also be found for free.

I bought one of his books and did not like it. The information was arranged in a mess. Was it worth my money, if I have not read it fully, probably not?

As for Egregore as it is something you clearly do not understand, high-level masters prevent leakage of knowledge and methods through Egregores. Methods do not work without key, and the key is given through a personal 1v1 spiritual transmission. 

On 18/01/2021 at 8:21 AM, Feng69 said:

And these exercises are not included in the course and I don't know any person who will give these exercises for free.

So, first step is building the dantien with the proper tools and 2. step is the mco...as I am informed. 

Best wishes 

On 18/01/2021 at 10:42 AM, freeform said:

Just wanted to suggest that if someone wants to make progress the cheapest way possible, that they could get some of the foundational practices that lead up to the MCO from Damo’s books.

Yup! I checked the text to confirm this.  It looks like it covers consolidation of the Yin field of the lower abdomen in detail (though there is one or two basic exercises for shaping it later in the book)

On 18/01/2021 at 12:17 PM, XianGong said:

Egregore

Are you an LMP student?  (Western school, started by a guy who was member of this forum, combines Magick and Daoism, name sounds similar to the Daoist LMP school)

If not, you'd probably like them.  They've got an egregore attached to the material, the boss practices pyrokinesis... Seems to tick a lot of your boxes!

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, XianGong said:

What's wrong with my attitude? Again something out of imagination? Karmic chicken McNuggets? :lol:

Didn’t say it was wrong - that’s your own McNugget I’m afraid :)

For the Record- this forum has a policy against copyright infringement.

Simply, don't list or give away copyrighted e-material here.  Other than Torrent sites which can be rife with virus's, it's likely against most board's rules.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, freeform said:

Didn’t say it was wrong - that’s your own McNugget I’m afraid :)

I don't eat McNuggets, I have beef with them. 

5 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

Are you an LMP student?  (Western school, started by a guy who was member of this forum, combines Magick and Daoism, name sounds similar to the Daoist LMP school)

I am not a student, I am over 15 years into spiritual practice. 

14 minutes ago, XianGong said:

I am genuinely sorry to hear that.

Best wishes with your cultivation.

• Confused 1

Lie, cheat, deceive, hurt. Thats the small sacrifice everyone who seeks power undergo. Abandon humanity, thats for the weak.True enlightment is being able to fulfill your strongest desires

I understand the OP's Chino's (& Xiangong's) view.  In the past, I've indulged in such myself.  And been told by my Sensei's and seniors not to.. for all the reasons people have mentioned on this thread.  

Living in the electronic world, taking without paying is easy.  And widespread.  But beyond the questionable ethics, it makes us lazy and unappreciative.  Collectors instead of do-ers.  Consumers instead of cultivators.  

Less is often better.  There is no growth without some sacrifice.  Payment is a form of respect to the teacher and art.

• Like 5

That would probably put you on the low to average side for many of the posters on this board. 

3 hours ago, XianGong said:

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 10:42 AM, XianGong said:

Tbh there is nothing spiritual in the platform.

This is something that I feel I should speak to a little. 

I was initially frustrated at the lack of "spiritual" things in the Academy, especially coming from a Tibetan Buddhist background.  It was all so physical and mechanical.  Of the 38 weeks I have access to in the neigong module, weeks 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 27, 29, and 31 are about seated development of mental qualities, as are Zoom classes 4 and 10 (of 10 so far).  So about 1 in 5.  freeform recently clarified that the Daoist path makes the energy body more dense, closer to the physical, in order to facilitate absorption of the awareness into the energy body.  This is very much reflected in the whole feel of the energy signature of the practices, practitioners, and community, compared to other paths.  I'm honestly still getting used to it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thelerner said:

But beyond the questionable ethics, it makes us lazy and unappreciative.  Collectors instead of do-ers.  Consumers instead of cultivators.  

Less is often better.  There is no growth without some sacrifice.  Payment is a form of respect to the teacher and art.

Very well said.

I used to pirate all sorts of stuff - and I never got anything out of it. I had the best collection of music, films, spiritual lectures and books...  But it was always just a collection - nothing more. Just mental stimulation.

It’s only when I’d sacrifice something that I’d actually get progress in return.

So the collection is gone. Now all my consumption is intentional. The fact that I have to sacrifice some of my money to get some media, means it’s a decision - a contract I make - and I no longer enter into contracts lightly.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

That would probably put you on the low to average side for many of the posters on this board. 

I do not understand what this means.

9 minutes ago, freeform said:

I used to pirate all sorts of stuff - and I never got anything out of it. I had the best collection of music, films, spiritual lectures and books...  But it was always just a collection - nothing more. Just mental stimulation.

It’s only when I’d sacrifice something that I’d actually get progress in return.

So the collection is gone. Now all my consumption is intentional. The fact that I have to sacrifice some of my money to get some media, means it’s a decision - a contract I make - and I no longer enter into contracts lightly.

This is only your own mental conditioning, it has nothing to do with cultivation, with the world, and with the reality itself. Such thinking is actually a sign of the mundane mind, as u need stimulation to be able to do anything. 

If 7 billion humans would pay Damo for his academy, he would have right now, sitting at 2 trillions dollars a year of pure income out of thin air.

When things go online and massively spread they get the inappropriate amount of funding and money, like those rockstars and pop singers. Whatever they produce is not worth the millions they make. The actual "sacrifice and return" works the opposite way from what you think.

Edited by XianGong

5 hours ago, Creation said:

This is something that I feel I should speak to a little. 

I was initially frustrated at the lack of "spiritual" things in the Academy, especially coming from a Tibetan Buddhist background.  It was all so physical and mechanical.  Of the 38 weeks I have access to in the neigong module, weeks 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 27, 29, and 31 are about seated development of mental qualities, as are Zoom classes 4 and 10 (of 10 so far).  So about 1 in 5.  freeform recently clarified that the Daoist path makes the energy body more dense, closer to the physical, in order to facilitate absorption of the awareness into the energy body.  This is very much reflected in the whole feel of the energy signature of the practices, practitioners, and community, compared to other paths.  I'm honestly still getting used to it.

As I see it while the platform can be useful for some people, the same things are being repeated 100 times, and once you get one principle, you get it all already. Daoist practices use the same principles over and over again. It is not rocket science or anything complicated. In fact, neigong and qigong are probably the easiest cultivation practices in the world.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, XianGong said:

2 trillions dollars a year

It seems like a waste to even reply, but if you think "2 trillion dollars a year" is an amount of money that would be "not worth" genuine spiritual teachings, then I feel sorry for you because you have never encountered and been able to recognize anything genuine within this path. If it was 200 quadrillion it would still not equal the value of these things as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XianGong said:

In fact, neigong and qigong are probably the easiest cultivation practices in the world.

Said no one that has done the training... like ever. :lol:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

Why do any training when you can just imagine that your energy body does it for you :) 

Edited by freeform
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, freeform said:

Why do any training when you can just imagine that your energy body does it for you :) 

You don't imagine you actually move it. Its called skill. Seems like you cannot do it. :mellow:

Edited by XianGong

8 minutes ago, Piyadasi said:

It seems like a waste to even reply, but if you think "2 trillion dollars a year" is an amount of money that would be "not worth" genuine spiritual teachings, then I feel sorry for you because you have never encountered and been able to recognize anything genuine within this path. If it was 200 quadrillion it would still not equal the value of these things as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, if you think stretches and basics of meditation cost 200 quadrillion dollars, delusion is quite deep. Afaik. :lol:

8 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

I have done something much more complex and dangerous and can compare. May be for people in Daoist tradition those practices are deep and hard. :lol:  This is so easy anyone can do this.