Shadao

The single question of a new one

2 hours ago, Knowthing said:

I might even end up writting about all the clues gathered, just for the fun of it.

and put it together like a puzzle. 

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but when it comes to general health, wellness, and vitality, I have not found anything better than Western style exercise. You also don't need to spend hours a day doing it, it is easy to learn, and there are many competent teachers. It is good therapy for stress. 

There are several problems with qigong. 1. is finding a competent teacher, which is harder than it seems (at least for me). To really get the alignments, you need a good teacher.  2. is finding a competent teacher willing to show you the system. A lot of competent teachers veil the teaching in mystery, stretch out the training, etc. 3. it is, in my mind, a form of meditation, which means it works better if you have focus. 4. it takes time. 

For a busy university student in the midst of stressful changes, I would recommend regular exercise, and once settled, look into qigong. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

I hate to say it, but when it comes to general health, wellness, and vitality, I have not found anything better than Western style exercise. You also don't need to spend hours a day doing it, it is easy to learn, and there are many competent teachers. It is good therapy for stress. 

There are several problems with qigong. 1. is finding a competent teacher, which is harder than it seems (at least for me). To really get the alignments, you need a good teacher.  2. is finding a competent teacher willing to show you the system. A lot of competent teachers veil the teaching in mystery, stretch out the training, etc. 3. it is, in my mind, a form of meditation, which means it works better if you have focus. 4. it takes time. 

For a busy university student in the midst of stressful changes, I would recommend regular exercise, and once settled, look into qigong. 

I'm already doing some kind of calisthenics and IF, and am already looking to do martial arts so you can be sure that, body-wise, I'm "covered"(I think that's the right english expression).

Another way to use this exploratory strategy is through "game". D&D can be an interesting experiment.

The most revealing part of this game is when people actually create the characters they wish to play. You cannot "create" something that is not "you" in that moment. Look at the common resonances and archetypes you pick as your "role" to play. It can be profoundly revealing. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

Another way to use this exploratory strategy is through "game". D&D can be an interesting experiment.

The most revealing part of this game is when people actually create the characters they wish to play. You cannot "create" something that is not "you" in that moment. Look at the common resonances and archetypes you pick as your "role" to play. It can be profoundly revealing. 

I probably would end up with some characters or one that is very flexible/adaptable, as this is a constant to me.The "not being limited to chosing just one thing", not "being just one thing".

Although...is there a class(or mix of classes) that has melee/brawler/fighter+stealth+magic/spirit?

Just asking so I know which ones to check later :lol:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Knowthing said:

I probably would end up with some characters or one that is very flexible/adaptable, as this is a constant to me.The "not being limited to chosing just one thing", not "being just one thing".

Although...is there a class(or mix of classes) that has melee/brawler/fighter+stealth+magic/spirit?

Just asking so I know which ones to check later :lol:

Loki, an interesting archetype that has all of those qualities. Ironically, he's also a shape shifter (flexible) in many myths.  Rangers in common lore also a bit of everything. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 3:22 PM, Knowthing said:

Considering that I am currently busy with university, I have to be very careful when setting time aside for anything else,

Can't believe i didn't ask this before....but what are you studying at university? This can be a powerful clue. Mathematics and Engineering are 3rd Eye oriented studies...meaning you have to access that domain.....different areas of learning resonate in different spaces. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RiverSnake said:

Can't believe i didn't ask this before....but what are you studying at university? This can be a powerful clue. Mathematics and Engineering are 3rd Eye oriented studies...meaning you have to access that domain.....different areas of learning resonate in different spaces. 

I don't know what is the best translation in english but I study Performance Arts(which in my country seems to be the equivalent of studying Theater and a mix of other disciplines for performances in general).

We do learn about proper breathing(for singing and voice projection) and both about postures and body control(for obvious reasons).

We do alot of physical exercises, visualization exercises, we learn about methods of acting(and training), how to "have  stage presence/project 'X' presence on a scene or performance", how to take care of our bodies and etc.

Edited by Knowthing
grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Knowthing said:

I don't know what is the best translation in english but I study Performance Arts(which in my country seems to be the equivalent of studying Theater and a mix of other disciplines for performances in general).

We do learn about proper breathing(for singing and voice projection) and both about postures and body control(for obvious reasons).

We do alot of physical exercises, visualization exercises, we learn about methods of acting(and training), how to "have  stage presence/project 'X' presence on a scene or performance", how to take care of our bodies and etc.

Interesting, i have a good friend whom is a mystic, studied performance art and worked as a professional dancer. Names London Brown. He does the mystic/energy healer thing full time now though. Haven't talked to that punk in awhile....he does good work and puts on online workshops every once in awhile.