43 minutes ago, dwai said:

Allow those beings to come to you, and embrace them lovingly.

They were scary as heck! lol

41 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

They were scary as heck! lol

Yeah I’ve had a few of them. Initially I used to use a mantra to “poof!” them. As time progressed I realized that i must not avoid them — so instead, I lovingly embrace them and they go “poof!” anyway. But the difference is, I didn’t resist, so didn’t have a fear/flight-fight habitual pattern reinforced. 

But not all dreams are the same — if you physically get cold, then it’s a different story. If you don’t register a change in temperature, it’s not an “entity”, in my experience. 

In 2019 summer, I decided to go off to the Himalayas for some meditation/solitude and to finish writing my book. One morning at around 2 am, the room got very cold (summer nights are cool but don’t get cold at 8000 feet in the Himalayas) — I’ve been lucid in my dreams for a long time now, so as I saw a brawny bald guy come at me angrily, I wondered who he was (looked very familiar), but couldn’t place him. He was angry, a little scared, and came at me hard. I decided to lovingly give him a hug, and his demeanor changed, and he calmed down, and then disappeared into a mist. I got up and realized it was very cold in the room — so I wrapped a blanket around myself, and  I went back to sleep. 

I woke up that morning and when I finally went up to the hotel’s restaurant to eat breakfast, I checked FB. My friend, with whom I’d not had much contact in over a decade, had passed away around the same time I encountered the dream person. Now, as I remembered this friend - he was bald, but skinny. I didn’t realize he had put on weight and bulked up since I last saw him. It was him, they way he looked in the obit photograph, that had visited me. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I didn't have any dreams last night, BUT I was woken up by pain in my root chakra area which is something that happens periodically when I'm working on these and similar root chakra issues.

Ahhh .... there is your 'basement ' .

18 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Ahhh .... there is your 'basement ' .

My basement is literally a pain in the butt lol

**edit: Very good point though. The first night the attic wakes me up, the second night the basement wakes me up.

Edited by dmattwads

4 hours ago, dwai said:

Ever considered that a downward flow of energy is a good thing to activate the return flow (upward)? 

can I take a saw and saw off the attic and the basement and the pooh and pooh red jacket.

it would be best to do this without using remote knocking on my left knee

pooh on the rue

image.png

• Confused 1

On 9.1.2021 at 2:18 AM, dmattwads said:

What is it?

First, you will have to find an affirmation that expresses your goal to have more money in your life. Use the present tense and phrase it using the three personal pronouns, as in:

I, dmattwads, blah blah blah

You, dmattwads, ...

He, dmattwads, ...

I could suggest one, but I prefer you create one that works for you yourself.

I just got offered a potentially higher paying job in TCM so that seems swell! Thank you to all that have been doing your magick for me.... you know who you are ^_^

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 6

So I think if I really pay attention to how I feel when I contemplate the topic of money, its lots of anger, more than I even realized I had.

** edit: that being said my mantra to remove negative energy has more effect than my mantra to bring me good things, which to me is weird and unexpected.

Edited by dmattwads

I happily can now report that since I made this post I have been offered a new TCM job in another city and will be moving soon. This job should pay much better than my current one. Thank you for all the well wishers, and helpful wizards :-)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

I happily can now report that since I made this post I have been offered a new TCM job in another city and will be moving soon.

Good.

Bring along TDB's wheat weeds herbs.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Just now, Limahong said:

Good.

Bring along TDB's wheat weeds herbs.

Good luck.

Half the time I have no idea what you're saying but I'm going to like it anyway! :-)

• Haha 1

Just now, dmattwads said:

Half the time I have no idea what you're saying but I'm going to like it anyway! :-)

46 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

I have been offered a new TCM job in another city

Pleased for you :)

47 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

This job should pay much better than my current one.

Just remember this is still just one half of the equation. Don’t neglect the other parts :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Earning money is half the equation; the other half is going to Costco.

25T9Q1s.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

I happily can now report that since I made this post I have been offered a new TCM job in another city and will be moving soon. This job should pay much better than my current one. Thank you for all the well wishers, and helpful wizards :-)

Okay . good .

(That's 2 under my belt here now  :)  )

-oh wait , I need to check something .....

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Okay . good .

(That's 2 under my belt here now  :)  )

-oh wait , I need to check something .....

*gratitude, gratitude, gratitude _/\_ -_- _/\_

• Haha 1

Okay ... good !  

--------------------------------------

O THOU  workers and subjects  of that Invisible King ;

gnomes.jpg?format=500w

,  who taking the Earth for Foundation, didst hollow its depths to fill them with Thy Almighty Power. Thou Whose Name shaketh the Arches of the World! Thou who causest the Seven Metals to flow through the veins of the rocks! King of the Seven Lights! Rewarder of the subterranean Workers!

Because thou hast-diligently answered unto my, demands, and hast been very ready and willing to come at my call, I do here license thee to depart unto thy proper place; without causing harm or danger unto man or beast. Depart, then, I say, and be thou very ready to come at my call, being duly exorcised and conjured by the sacred rites of magic. I charge thee to withdraw peaceably and quietly, and the peace of GOD be ever continued between thee and me I

To seal our pact and in thanks I give this offering ;

beer.jpg                GettyImages-995038782.jpg?1580846936               rancher-recipe-ridiculously-tasty-roast-

• Like 2

Interesting thread. 

I'm not sure there is a broad difference between money, love, or spiritual insight. The methods all seem to work the same, at least in my personal experience. 

First, from a Buddhist view, everything is driven by karma. Part of karma is merely a result of habit, so building positive habits is the most direct way. For money, you would for instance establish habits of saving, investing, becoming clean in appearance, etc.

Second, be careful what you wish for. You might end up ripening your reserve of positive karmic seeds on money when it would be better used for spiritual purposes. However, it is hard to practice when you're hungry or stressed about debt or taking care of your family (I know from experience). 

Third, if you're going to use magic/mantra, a few things need to be in order IME: 

a. You have to help the universe help you. You need to do what you can to set up positive circumstances that will get you what you want. For spirituality, this means actually finding a teacher, doing practices, etc. With love, you would need to socialize, make relationships, go out on dates, etc. Same with money. You need to get out, apply to jobs, pursue education/certification in fields people are willing to pay for, etc. The divine descends as much as we ascend. 

b. You must have complete confidence in the method you have chosen. Even if you don't, you must when you are doing it. Using something that you are convinced have worked for others is helpful. If there is a living lineage behind a practice, that is best. This will vary from person to person. Some may need intense, complicated methods, and others don't. Be honest. 

c. Once you have performed the method, you need to let it go and forget about it as much as possible. Don't try to guide or direct it. You plant the seeds and water the ground. Don't try to pull the flowers up. 

d. Use what you have for the benefit of all beings. Use your reduced stress/money to practice, help others, move the dharma forward, etc. 

Edited by forestofemptiness
Misspell
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

Second, be careful what you wish for. You might end up ripening your reserve of positive karmic seeds on money when it would be better used for spiritual purposes. However, it is hard to practice when you're hungry or stressed about debt or taking care of your family (I know from experience). 

Yes I think this is exactly what happened to me, but at the same time like you said I don't feel like I had much choice. My daughter was stuck with her abusive and narcissistic mother and told me that she really wanted to live with me. I had only recently built up my good karma to the level that I had a good job and an adequate amount of money. Her mother was not going to agree to let my daughter come live with me so I had to dedicate my good karma to this purpose. I knew at the time that it was going to set me back but it seemed like the thing to do anyways. Sure enough a little while later I did indeed get custody of her but it wasn't much later that my job and financial (plus spiritual practice) began to suffer. Since then I have spent the past couple years trying to build up my good karma reserves again and just now got hired at a better job. Now that I got a better job I'm sure I'm going to need to build up my good karma reserves again since my spiritual practice has seemed to suffer as well. 

• Like 2

On 17/01/2021 at 10:04 AM, dmattwads said:

Yes I think this is exactly what happened to me, but at the same time like you said I don't feel like I had much choice. My daughter was stuck with her abusive and narcissistic mother and told me that she really wanted to live with me. I had only recently built up my good karma to the level that I had a good job and an adequate amount of money. Her mother was not going to agree to let my daughter come live with me so I had to dedicate my good karma to this purpose. I knew at the time that it was going to set me back but it seemed like the thing to do anyways. Sure enough a little while later I did indeed get custody of her but it wasn't much later that my job and financial (plus spiritual practice) began to suffer. Since then I have spent the past couple years trying to build up my good karma reserves again and just now got hired at a better job. Now that I got a better job I'm sure I'm going to need to build up my good karma reserves again since my spiritual practice has seemed to suffer as well. 

It seems to me from reading a number of your comments on this and other topics that you are doing fine with your life.  I thought perhaps you may find these words of Carl Jung’s, from a letter he wrote to to Father Victor White, relevant to your situation, especially the second paragraph: 

“If I find myself in a critical or doubtful situation, I always ask myself whether there is not something in it, explaining the need of my presence, before I make a plan of how to escape. If I should find nothing hopeful or meaningful in it, I think I would not hesitate to jump out of it as quick as possible. Well, I may be all wrong, but the fact that you find yourself in the Church does not impress me as being wholly nonsensical. Of course huge sacrifices are expected of you, but I wonder whether there is any vocation or any kind of meaningful life that does not demand sacrifices of a sort. 

There is no place where those striving for consciousness could find absolute safety. Doubt and insecurity are indispensable components of a complete life. Only those who can lose this life can really gain it. A ‘complete’ life does not consist of a theoretical completeness, but the fact that one accepts without reservation the particular fatal tissue in which one finds oneself embedded, and that one tries to make sense of it or to create a cosmos from the chaotic mess into which one is born. If one lives properly and completely, time and time again one will be confronted with situations of which one will say, ‘This is too much, I cannot bear it anymore.’ Then the question must be answered: ‘Can one really not bear it?’”

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 3

Karma works in mysterious ways.  I shy away from the idea that having money signifies good karma or not having money bad karma.  Having money, in my experience, has little to do with deservingness.  Some people who have it arguably don´t deserve it, while others who don´t have it do.  Some seem to have exactly the right amount.  Fortunately perhaps, nobody has put me in charge of divvying out the pie.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Karma works in mysterious ways.  I shy away from the idea that having money signifies good karma or not having money bad karma.  Having money, in my experience, has little to do with deservingness.  Some people who have it arguably don´t deserve it, while others who don´t have it do.  Some seem to have exactly the right amount.  Fortunately perhaps, nobody has put me in charge of divvying out the pie.

Karma is hard to see when we only consider this life.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 9:16 AM, forestofemptiness said:

Interesting thread. 

I'm not sure there is a broad difference between money, love, or spiritual insight. The methods all seem to work the same, at least in my personal experience. 

First, from a Buddhist view, everything is driven by karma. Part of karma is merely a result of habit, so building positive habits is the most direct way. For money, you would for instance establish habits of saving, investing, becoming clean in appearance, ti

Third, if you're going to use magic/mantra, a few things need to be in order IME: 

a. You have to help the universe help you. You need to do what you can to set up positive circumstances that will get you what you want. For spirituality, this means actually finding a teacher, doing practices, etc. With love, you would need to socialize, make relationships, go out on dates, etc. Same with money. You need to get out, apply to jobs, pursue education/certification in fields people are willing to pay for, etc. The divine descends as much as we ascend. 

b. You must have complete confidence in the method you have chosen. Even if you don't, you must when you are doing it. Using something that you are convinced have worked for others is helpful. If there is a living lineage behind a practice, that is best. This will vary from person to person. Some may need intense, complicated methods, and others don't. Be honest. 

c. Once you have performed the method, you need to let it go and forget about it as much as possible. Don't try to guide or direct it. You plant the seeds and water the ground. Don't try to pull the flowers up. 

d. Use what you have for the benefit of all beings. Use your reduced stress/money to practice, help others, move the dharma forward, etc. 

Yes, that is the 'outward view' on 'magic' . 

But regarding magic , it isnt really correct . Not in my experience  ( which is extensive)   anyway .  It matters more on the who than the how and why .