Shanmugam

My Transformation and Spiritual Enlightenment

Hello everyone,

I went through an initial awakening in 2002 which kick started a process of seeking; it ended in 2014. During 2014, I went through another transformation that removed all the psychological boundaries between me and the existence. I am currently living a life free of suffering and worries.

Since then I have authored two books and I have a blog and an Youtube channel where I help other seekers by sharing my experiences. I have made a post here when I released my first book and a few members in this forum may already know me.

Recently I have been doing live streams with videos titled "Spiritual Enlightenment - Your Questions Answered".. I am done with 9 parts so far and it is added to a playlist. Here is the link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAo1YHIhpJs&list=PLyvcEPSjKqOl1danh9xVK0hwqiDJrIYov

Here is the link to my channel's main page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw/ If you like the content, subscribe to be notified when I upload new videos.

These days, I come on Live everyday. So you may expect a live stream tomorrow.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

Hello everyone,

I went through an initial awakening in 2002 which kick started a process of seeking; it ended in 2014. During 2014, I went through another transformation that removed all the psychological boundaries between me and the existence. I am currently living a life free of suffering and worries.

Since then I have authored two books and I have a blog and an Youtube channel where I help other seekers by sharing my experiences. I have made a post here when I released my first book and a few members in this forum may already know me.

Recently I have been doing live streams with videos titled "Spiritual Enlightenment - Your Questions Answered".. I am done with 9 parts so far and it is added to a playlist. Here is the link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAo1YHIhpJs&list=PLyvcEPSjKqOl1danh9xVK0hwqiDJrIYov

Here is the link to my channel's main page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw/ If you like the content, subscribe to be notified when I upload new videos.

These days, I come on Live everyday. So you may expect a live stream tomorrow.

How are we to know that you are enlightened?

• Like 1

If you were truly enlightened, you would not claim it on a forum. Instead, people would simply be able to tell that you were enlightened without you attempting to prove or disprove it. By making this post you have proven your claim wrong, which is quite laughable in my humble opinion.

2 hours ago, dmattwads said:

How are we to know that you are enlightened?

I suppose you will have to watch his youtubes and buy his books .

Unless this changes to a discussion forum instead of a personal  advertisement  rave .

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Unless this changes to a discussion forum instead of a personal  advertisement  rave .

Good morning Nun,

Are you into a rave review?

- Anand

Yes . 

YOU can read  Shamnugan's  two books, blog and  watch his Youtubes , and get back to us  with a review.

Thanks for offering   :)  .

Wow.. Great to see a lot of replies.

Unfortunately, there is no test to determine if someone is enlightened. I just want to introduce my Youtube channel to folks who want to use whatever help they can get from my own experiences.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

If you were truly enlightened, you would not claim it on a forum. Instead, people would simply be able to tell that you were enlightened without you attempting to prove or disprove it. By making this post you have proven your claim wrong, which is quite laughable in my humble opinion.

Thats fine dude.. One way or the other, my content gets introduced; anyone who finds the content helpful ends up supporting me in various ways, as it has been happening so far. So it is just a win-win situation.

My goal is not to make you believe in my claim. When such a claim is made, there will always be skeptics; that is natural and totally fine. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

Unfortunately, there is no test to determine if someone is enlightened.

Actually there are several tests. one of the most common ones traditionally is if someone claims to be enlightened the idea is to try to upset them and see if they react either overtly or subtly. That's just one test of several.

4 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

Actually there are several tests. one of the most common ones traditionally is if someone claims to be enlightened the idea is to try to upset them and see if they react either overtly or subtly. That's just one test of several.

So far I´d say Shanmugam is doing pretty well.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

So far I´d say Shanmugam is doing pretty well.  

I am inclined to agree. :) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

Unfortunately, there is no test to determine if someone is enlightened. I just want to introduce my Youtube channel to folks who want to use whatever help they can get from my own experiences.

Your aura is indeed rather pure, but it is not at the buddha level. It is good to teach what you can to others, but do not mistake a change in attitude for enlightenment. Such a change is the natural result of channels clearing, but it is definitely not the end goal of "enlightenment". Be cautious of the ego, as even when it has receded, it can still cause problems until it is fully gone. 

14 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

Hello everyone,

During 2014, I went through another transformation that removed all the psychological boundaries between me and the existence.

As you stated there's no way anyone would really know if you were enlightened or not, unless they themselves are and meet you personally. There's no test that others claim. These tests are created as a result of their own thoughts and own need for validation. However, that doesn't mean one can't acknowledge of you reaching a certain level of understanding.

Can you further explain what you mean by your quote above?

Edited by welkin

7 minutes ago, welkin said:

As you stated there's no way anyone would really know if you were enlightened or not, unless they themselves are and meet you personally. There's no test that others claim. These tests are created as a result of their own thoughts and own need for validation. However, that doesn't mean one can't acknowledge of you reaching a certain level of understanding.

Can you further explain what you mean by your quote above?

Before 2014, I experienced myself as a solid entity; there was a boundary between me and the rest of the existence, created psychologically. We all create that boundary at some point of growing up and it is created unconsciously during the early childhood. My life was also a journey in time and I could feel that I was a person travelling from the past towards a future. 

But all that changed in 2014. It is hard to put that in words.  I no longer feel in my experience that I am a person. In fact, I don't feel the psychological acute self-consciousness that a person feels when he is around other people. It is as if, all the separation has melted away. I can't think about the future the way I used to either. Above all, I have found the fulfillment and harmony that I was searching for in my life. In other words, what happened ended my seeking anything spiritually just like eating food fulfills the hunger.

I never had an inclination to talk or write about it for the next two years. My first blog post regarding my journey is something that I wrote in the beginning of 2017.

I had to adapt to whatever happened to me over the past 6 years. I don't carry any image about myself in my head; certainly not an image of an 'enlightened person'. But I have seen how much telling what happened to me and how I overcame challenges in the process is helpful to other seekers. It in turn helps my own survival too. 

• Like 3

why do people think enlightenment is a one way thing?  Many, many people are enlightened.  It all depends on your social circumstance and cultural circumstance, as well as personal moral code and preferences.  There is no "singular enlightenment".  It just means you are no longer an "either/or" type of person, you fully know yourself and how you will react.  You want to get more specific than that, youre talking about cultural norms and societal standards, and these will vary from place to place, age to age.

5 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

But all that changed in 2014. It is hard to put that in words.  I no longer feel in my experience that I am a person. In fact, I don't feel the psychological acute self-consciousness that a person feels when he is around other people. It is as if, all the separation has melted away. I can't think about the future the way I used to either. Above all, I have found the fulfillment and harmony that I was searching for in my life.

I believe you, but what i want to get out of you is what was the actual epiphany behind it. Was it just a feeling or a realization of something? What you're describing is a feeling or a realization of feeling. which is incredibly powerful and does not need to be judged.

11 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

In other words, what happened ended my seeking anything spiritually just like eating food fulfills the hunger.

i believe you and can resonate with that.

1 hour ago, welkin said:

I believe you, but what i want to get out of you is what was the actual epiphany behind it. Was it just a feeling or a realization of something? What you're describing is a feeling or a realization of feeling. which is incredibly powerful and does not need to be judged.

i believe you and can resonate with that.

On July 12,  2014, I was lying on my bed late in the evening. I had a clear realization then that my spiritual seeking was over and that I had found what I was looking for in my life, in the dimension of time. But experientially the search had ended little before that on the same day. It was like a process that seemed to have happened gradually throughout the day. But I only realized it as a clear insight when I was in my bed about to sleep. It was an aha moment of seeing the obvious fact that the way I experience my life has changed. 

It was like being immersed in light and bliss the whole day. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

On July 12,  2014, I was lying on my bed late in the evening. I had a clear realization then that my spiritual seeking was over and that I had found what I was looking for in my life, in the dimension of time. But experientially the search had ended little before that on the same day. It was like a process that seemed to have happened gradually throughout the day. But I only realized it as a clear insight when I was in my bed about to sleep. It was an aha moment of seeing the obvious fact that the way I experience my life has changed. 

It was like being immersed in light and bliss the whole day. 

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that you were looking for in your life?

And what was the clear insight at the end of the day?

I'm not criticizing, as i believe your experience. However, i want to understand what it is.

Edit: let me add that if said, 'I don't know,' i wouldn't see you or your experience any less. For it is silly to believe that experience or understanding can only be proven through words, thoughts, ideas, or even actions. However, if you do want to make a difference here in this reality for others outside of yourself, it may require some of these methods.

Edited by welkin
  • Like 1

Hello Shanmugam

very interesting what you write in your posts. 

I don't know your (spiritual etc) background (perhaps there is more on your YouTube channel but I haven't watched it yet) but what would be interesting for me is:

Was it only a shift in consciousness or has your body also shifted in a way? Did you only practice "techniques" that changed your mind or did you at the same time also practice "techniques" which changed the body over the years. A change from closeness to openness, from tightness to release from hard muscles to soft tissue etc? 

In my opinion, as I learned, it's best to do both...mind changing and body changing methods. Because if we only practice one of these parts, something will be missing on the personal path, as I see it. 

Best wishes 

Feng69 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, welkin said:

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that you were looking for in your life?

And what was the clear insight at the end of the day?

I'm not criticizing, as i believe your experience. However, i want to understand what it is.

Edit: let me add that if said, 'I don't know,' i wouldn't see you or your experience any less. For it is silly to believe that experience or understanding can only be proven through words, thoughts, ideas, or even actions. However, if you do want to make a difference here in this reality for others outside of yourself, it may require some of these methods.

I didn't have a specific thing in mind; it is just a feeling of lack that we try to fulfill by achieving something in the future. My goals and dreams kept changing but I wasn't fulfilled. But I don't think these words really convey the actual answer I have in mind.

No matter what I say about what happened in 2014, it may only cover a tiny teeny bit of what actually happened. It will create more and more questions and require more and more explanation. 

21 hours ago, Feng69 said:

Hello Shanmugam

very interesting what you write in your posts. 

I don't know your (spiritual etc) background (perhaps there is more on your YouTube channel but I haven't watched it yet) but what would be interesting for me is:

Was it only a shift in consciousness or has your body also shifted in a way? Did you only practice "techniques" that changed your mind or did you at the same time also practice "techniques" which changed the body over the years. A change from closeness to openness, from tightness to release from hard muscles to soft tissue etc? 

In my opinion, as I learned, it's best to do both...mind changing and body changing methods. Because if we only practice one of these parts, something will be missing on the personal path, as I see it. 

Best wishes 

Feng69 

I feel very light in the body. The difference is tremendous. I feel more energetic, just like how I felt when I was a child. So, it indeed made a difference in the way I feel my body.

2 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

I feel very light in the body. The difference is tremendous. I feel more energetic, just like how I felt when I was a child. So, it indeed made a difference in the way I feel my body.

Thank you for your answer.