helpfuldemon

Technology

When I think about humanity, and the honor of the Gods, and the honor from mankind...  and I think about technology, and art, and governing, I realize that so few of us lead great lives, and that the only way to be great, should you have no place in society or science, is to be a great person of moral truth and dignity.  

• Like 1

I may not want to live there, but I'd sure like to visit a place w/ no electricity, someplace simple, with books and writing material.  A few board games.  Stay there for a good while and get back to.. myself.  

3 hours ago, helpfuldemon said:

When I think about humanity, and the honor of the Gods, and the honor from mankind...  and I think about technology, and art, and governing, I realize that so few of us lead great lives, and that the only way to be great, should you have no place in society or science, is to be a great person of moral truth and dignity.  

It sounds being privileged, away from the realities of this world, poverty, misery and struggles

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

I may not want to live there, but I'd sure like to visit a place w/ no electricity, someplace simple, with books and writing material.  A few board games.  Stay there for a good while and get back to.. myself.  

I guess you can think in that way because you can and you know where you are is better than other places, if you didn't I doubt you will go there.

• Confused 1

On 12/30/2020 at 12:18 AM, Mig said:

It sounds being privileged, away from the realities of this world, poverty, misery and struggles

Is being away from those things  a privilage, or is it how its supposed to be, and the ones that have them are below the norm?

On 12/29/2020 at 9:19 PM, thelerner said:

You can do that now, here.  Technology has given us so much, all the way down to our comfortable beds!  Alas, it is sad to say that for all we accomplished, disaster can still strike.  Then, of course, there are the weapons we created...  But really, medicine, automobiles, factories for mass production, the printing press, HEAT and AC!  So many blessings.

• Like 1

Just came across this kickstarter, knew I had to share:

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

Pretty sure technology hasn't given us anything. We created technology, hence we gave ourselves everything. Not to mention, we created both that which gave back to us and that which takes away.

To worship something we created is as dangerous as worshiping ourselves, for how do we know what we're creating if we don't even know what's being created within ourselves?

• Like 1