16 hours ago, Limahong said:

You better not ~ if you communicate with her husband, he will blow you...

I know Ilumairen´s significant other from online communication and never got the impression he was the type, alas.

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, Limahong said:

You better not ~ if you communicate with her husband, he will blow you...

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Three+Wise+Monkeys+Hear+No+Evil+See+No+E

5 hours ago, Apech said:

Now ... I'm just trying to work out what you are saying here.

4 hours ago, sagebrush said:

yeah me too.

3 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I know Ilumairen´s significant other from online communication and never got the impression he was the type, alas.

You Clowns have been warned...

explosion_01_dribbble.gif

R I P

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, sagebrush said:

that looks like people playing a game with me.

I want to only have a direct conversation with the woman I met in seattle.

I dont want to communicate with her husband. I dont want to speak with recent hybrids.

the wind blew long before I met this chaos.

I want to use english and not listen inside my body.

I want direct voice communication. 

I want you to hear me not listen to me

This is the most coolly eclectic and wonderful bit of prose I've ever seen........:unsure:

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, manitou said:

This is the most coolly eclectic and wonderful bit of prose I've ever seen...

Yes ~ I am on the same page with you.

th?id=OIP.2hFKpsU1Xsl0t3riJYovYgHaHz&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Great to feel 'similar energy' of a trusted friend.

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

On 12/30/2020 at 2:23 AM, anshino23 said:

What is fear?

i HEAR

TEAR

is FEAR

as DEAR

is NEAR

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

i HEAR

TEAR

is FEAR

as DEAR

is NEAR

Me THINKS

I need some DRINKS

Your poetry STINKS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fear isn't real, and therefore fearlessness isn't real. not even courage.

However, ones 'thought' necessity of fear and fearlessness in order to existence can be real.

3 hours ago, welkin said:

Hi welkin,

FEAR is not real. How about a TEAR ?

'Few see. Some see when shown. Most do not see.'

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f53724e7779336979484b347752773d3d2d3335373537373831312e313439386334663838623736633766313831353735323537343039342e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720

- Anand

8 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi welkin,

FEAR is not real. How about a TEAR ?

Hi Limahong,

Maybe if you clarify the context of what you speak of in regards to tear i can answer?

3 minutes ago, welkin said:

Maybe if you clarify the context of what you speak of in regards to tear i can answer?

FEAR NOT A SILENT TEAR ~ HAVE COURAGE...

Just now, Limahong said:

FEAR NOT A SILENT TEAR ~ HAVE COURAGE...

i understand. I send you a warm hug

• Haha 1

Could it not be said that fear is the degree to which we are adverse to having our desires thwarted? 

If we desire to have and obtain when we fear loss. 

If we desire health and safety we fear the opposite of that.

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

Could it not be said that fear is the degree to which we are adverse to having our desires thwarted?

No.

10 hours ago, dmattwads said:

If we desire to have and obtain when we fear loss. 

If we desire health and safety we fear the opposite of that.

I think that fear of death lies at the bottom of all these fears.  Maybe not in a direct way each time, but found if looked for.  Even losing material things - this is still symbolic of diminution and ultimately loss of life.

• Like 2

Some people fear themselves ;  their real self ,  their unconscious self , other 'aspects' of themself ,   ..... they don't want to even talk about it,  what they think might constitute 'self' .   " Too esoteric "    (or uncomfortable ?  ) .

Best leave it all 'under the carpet '  .  

'Hollow Men '  , I have met a few in my time . It doest mean they are not 'nice' or even talented , but they seem to have a fear of delving into the self and such subjects are literally taboo .

I stayed with EGF at her brothers years back .  They where out the back , band practice , the empty house (except for me and EGF ) had radio going in the  kitchen and a bedroom, music from sound system in the lounge room AND the tv on ( with sound on ) in the same room .  I went around and turned everything off .   Later they emerged back into the house and brother :

" Who turned everything off !? "  and went around turning it all back on again .  Later that night we suggested to brother and his GF that we turn everything off and have a conversation .

WHOA  !   What a freaky novel idea .... crazy hippies !   They didnt want to but finally agreed that we would do it in the lounge room with the tv on with no sound .

:D 

My GF got a little 'cosmic'  and they freaked out . So we talked  mundane stuff and even that was surprising  for them .. The next morning  ( with everything back on again )  brother commented how "Last night was freaky ."   - sadly he killed himself a few years later. .

I could never talk to my  boss about death , and we became good friends . But no way, I would get into trouble if I did or answered any other conversation about it  ,  I was "weird "  and  "morbid" !

A couple of years later when his father died  he started ringing me up and wanted to talk about all this stuff   and he also talked about some unusual experiences he had when his beloved dog died  .... I knew he was holding onto something back then .  Anyway,  I was certainly then allowed to talk about death .

I dont think he fears death so much now .... he has  experienced     'something else'  about it

On 05/01/2021 at 3:17 PM, welkin said:

However, ones 'thought' necessity of fear and fearlessness in order to existence can be real.

tenor.gif?itemid=10822066&key=78019e9d41

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

Some people fear themselves ;  their real self ,  their unconscious self , other 'aspects' of themself ,   ..... they don't want to even talk about it,  what they think might constitute 'self' .   " Too esoteric "    (or uncomfortable ?  ) .

Best leave it all 'under the carpet '  .  

'Hollow Men '  , I have met a few in my time . It doest mean they are not 'nice' or even talented , but they seem to have a fear of delving into the self and such subjects are literally taboo .

I stayed with EGF at her brothers years back .  They where out the back , band practice , the empty house (except for me and EGF ) had radio going in the  kitchen and a bedroom, music from sound system in the lounge room AND the tv on ( with sound on ) in the same room .  I went around and turned everything off .   Later they emerged back into the house and brother :

" Who turned everything off !? "  and went around turning it all back on again .  Later that night we suggested to brother and his GF that we turn everything off and have a conversation .

WHOA  !   What a freaky novel idea .... crazy hippies !   They didnt want to but finally agreed that we would do it in the lounge room with the tv on with no sound .

:D 

My GF got a little 'cosmic'  and they freaked out . So we talked  mundane stuff and even that was surprising  for them .. The next morning  ( with everything back on again )  brother commented how "Last night was freaky ."   - sadly he killed himself a few years later. .

I could never talk to my  boss about death , and we became good friends . But no way, I would get into trouble if I did or answered any other conversation about it  ,  I was "weird "  and  "morbid" !

A couple of years later when his father died  he started ringing me up and wanted to talk about all this stuff   and he also talked about some unusual experiences he had when his beloved dog died  .... I knew he was holding onto something back then .  Anyway,  I was certainly then allowed to talk about death .

I dont think he fears death so much now .... he has  experienced     'something else'  about it

Yes I feel like these are most people I run into. You have to keep it really shallow. I guess it's why I mostly keep to myself lol. Yet at some level I understand as looking within has been the most difficult thing I've ever done.

Edited by dmattwads

3 hours ago, dmattwads said:

Yes I feel like these are most people I run into. You have to keep it really shallow. I guess it's why I mostly keep to myself lol. Yet at some level I understand as looking within has been the most difficult thing I've ever done.

There's no doubt about that.  It is the most difficult thing I've ever done too.  Challenging our own dearly-held long standing beliefs is earth shattering.  When I first got sober and started the steps, it was like tearing myself apart.  It was very painful at the beginning because my emotions were vested in the 'Barbara' I had built. (Or more likely, was built for me by parents, etc)  The huge realizations come fast and furious at the beginning.  Then the process gets more subtle, and there is no more pain involved in discovering a wayward thread within.  Instead, it's more like 'isn't that interesting?'  The mere awareness of a flaw or tendency that you can see is getting in the way, often the awareness alone is sufficient to alter your reactions, if one is sincere in their desire to evolve.

• Like 3

I don't know why exactly, but in the last year or so or maybe more I've noticed that what ever I had not traditionally reacted to well whether it be anger, lust, fear, or what ever keeps coming around until I react "better" or maybe better to say don't react.

Lately it seems to be fear of lack. In the past I've not reacted well to this situation so I'm trying to keep that in mind now. In the past year I've worked on dealing with anger in reacting to certain people that pushed my buttons, and anger at certain situations. It seemed like usually I would not react well to these things and they kept happening. In the past year I feel like I became savvy to this and decided to react better and then it seemed as I did so each of these situations tended to pop up less and less.

So as I now approach the fear of lack I'm trying to approach this with the same attitude.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, dmattwads said:

I don't know why exactly, but in the last year or so or maybe more I've noticed that what ever I had not traditionally reacted to well whether it be anger, lust, fear, or what ever keeps coming around until I react "better" or maybe better to say don't react.

Lately it seems to be fear of lack. In the past I've not reacted well to this situation so I'm trying to keep that in mind now. In the past year I've worked on dealing with anger in reacting to certain people that pushed my buttons, and anger at certain situations. It seemed like usually I would not react well to these things and they kept happening. In the past year I feel like I became savvy to this and decided to react better and then it seemed as I did so each of these situations tended to pop up less and less.

So as I now approach the fear of lack I'm trying to approach this with the same attitude.

'Don't react' is powerful when used in the right context.  The buttons inside us that are pushed - those very buttons are the things we have the power to remove.

As to the mental fear of lack, I think this could be reversed with developing the habit of gratitude for what one has..  It sounds like you're seeing difference already, as you indicate that your manifestations are changing.

This is one incredible life adventure when we decide to align ourselves with the Dao, or whatever one chooses to call it.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 12:47 AM, manitou said:

This is one incredible life adventure when we decide to align ourselves with the Dao, or whatever one chooses to call it.

Hi Barbara,

We called it Nature?

th?id=OIP.q5gH-uVPO_FB8PC0CIWO_AHaK8&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300 th?id=OIP.Y_IoszHnLLHSJ26OLM935QHaG4&pid=Api&P=0&w=182&h=170 th?id=OIP.gX_4aLNOYZqwKA2nLiv5DAHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=264&h=177

I am happy that I am still growing with Nature at TDB.

Although sometimes I feel like...

But I flip the switch and start to grow again as a budding  Daoist.

- Anand

• Like 1

This popped up today — thought it’s relevant to the OP 

Spoiler

• Like 1

I've always liked Krishnamurti.  He's sort of the General Honore of metaphysical masters.

This was a good quote from the video:

"Loneliness is the product of self centeredness."

• Like 2