jack hammer

What are some bodily-spiritual practices?

browsing this forum I came across two examples of this;horse stance for 2 hours(shaolin)and full lotus for 6 hours, this is daily,to cultivate energy levels and get achivements.

Where should I look for,books,courses,if i want bodily movements that have spiritual implications. just traditional asanas? Qi-gong?

for example i read,that some asanas have to be done 3 hours,a day,for 6 months,for the full benefit.

59 minutes ago, jack hammer said:

i want bodily movements that have spiritual implications. just traditional asanas? Qi-gong?

Yes and yes.

Also consider mudras.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, jack hammer said:

browsing this forum I came across two examples of this;horse stance for 2 hours(shaolin)and full lotus for 6 hours, this is daily,to cultivate energy levels and get achivements.

Where should I look for,books,courses,if i want bodily movements that have spiritual implications. just traditional asanas? Qi-gong?

for example i read,that some asanas have to be done 3 hours,a day,for 6 months,for the full benefit.

You don't begin w/ 3 hours a day.  You begin where you are.  You can get pretty far w/ 30 minutes to an hour every day.  Particularly when you find a style you connect with.  Then maybe find a seminar or ashram where for a week or so you can get a taste of hard core, meet people who live the system.  Be inspired.   Nobody expects a beginner or even an intermediate to go 3 hours a day, imo.  

That's getting advanced (low level advanced), but its something to shoot for.  Better to do, then over study.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2020 at 7:18 AM, jack hammer said:

Have you considered 5 Element Qigong, as taught by Damo Mitchell? Working with 5 inner elements and moving similar to the movements of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

• Like 1