Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

Star of Bethlehem and solstice

If I understand correctly today there's the Star of Bethlehem where Jupiter and Saturn are aligned and it's the solstice what does this all mean?

Two planets are lined up making a slightly brighter star than normal and ... oh yes the second coming :)

oh I dont think its the second coming.

Well known story from Gospel of Matthew, three Magi or wise men, followed the Star of Bethlehem to Jerusalem some 2,000years ago.

After consulting with King Herrod of Judea, the men found newborn baby Jesus in the little town of Bethlehem.

Scholars have pondered not just from a religious or historical perspective but from scientific one too.

enchanting

18 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

oh I dont think its the second coming.

Well known story from Gospel of Matthew, three Magi or wise men, followed the Star of Bethlehem to Jerusalem some 2,000years ago.

After consulting with King Herrod of Judea, the men found newborn baby Jesus in the little town of Bethlehem.

Scholars have pondered not just from a religious or historical perspective but from scientific one too.

enchanting

I've always assumed that part was just a legend. Kind of like how after the Buddha was born he walked around and spoke. I think things like this are just literary devices to make a mythological point.

• Like 1

I find it a story of awe and wonder. I am sure some science/astronomy could have more facts.

I find it kind of magical. People know santa Claus is not real but there really was historical figure Saint Nicolas.

Just learned a bit on that a few Sundays ago. Unfortunately I cant reiterate. I was busy looking at the new murals on the ceiling.

I believe it is real and still alive

every man(a)ger needs a stable....funny billboard on Marquee at church up the hill.

Edited by sagebrush

If I recall correctly Matthew does not mention three Magi, only the number of presents that they bring. I believe the visit took place at a house so I am not sure if we can say where or when this happened, if it actually did.

17 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I find it a story of awe and wonder. I am sure some science/astronomy could have more facts.

I find it kind of magical. People know santa Claus is not real but there really was historical figure Saint Nicolas.

Just learned a bit on that a few Sundays ago. Unfortunately I cant reiterate. I was busy looking at the new murals on the ceiling.

I believe it is real and still alive

every man(a)ger needs a stable....funny billboard on Marquee at church up the hill.

Yes St. Nicolas was a saint known for generosity.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

Yes St. Nicolas was a saint known for generosity.

Are you talking Greek Orthodox? st Nicolas

1 minute ago, sagebrush said:

Are you talking Greek Orthodox? st Nicolas

As far as I know there is only one, and I think he was before the church split into east and west.

• Thanks 1

dont know. What priest had to talk sounded interesting but I got off into wondering.  I love the painted icon murals. They are specific and detailed.

And it does tell a story. they added four new big sections on the ceiling and it is beyond stunning. I will have to read more about st nicholas.

but I can add this of how I perceive the world as how we see commercial christmas and how if you asked anyone most people wouldnt know st nicholas and really the real essence of Christmas. jesus birth

2 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

dont know. What priest had to talk sounded interesting but I got off into wondering.  I love the painted icon murals. They are specific and detailed.

And it does tell a story. they added four new big sections on the ceiling and it is beyond stunning. I will have to read more about st nicholas.

but I can add this of how I perceive the world as how we see commercial christmas and how if you asked anyone most people wouldnt know st nicholas and really the real essence of Christmas. jesus birth

Icons are interesting as if you look closely they tell a lot of the oral history and tradition that you won't find in the texts alone. I find the frequent halos interesting on icons of the saints as one commonly reported effect of having the crown chakra opened is a halo.

Well thats interesting and I wouldnt refute that....and have similar story from a meeting my mom and dad had with a spectacular priest they did counseling with....then eventually the priest came and was the priest at their church. they had met him in another town back in the 70's. After the counseling session they had discussed the phenomenon of what appeared to be a halo around his head...

yes many of them have painted halo and some have a flame above halo on the icons or icon murals

like I said...now other four murals are up its pretty outstanding. lots to learn.

anyway thanks for responding. taking care of some domestic duties.

good day

Edited by sagebrush

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

Icons are interesting as if you look closely they tell a lot of the oral history and tradition that you won't find in the texts alone. I find the frequent halos interesting on icons of the saints as one commonly reported effect of having the crown chakra opened is a halo.

Are you familiar with Jonathan Pageau on youtube - he's good on icon symbology.

16 minutes ago, Apech said:

Are you familiar with Jonathan Pageau on youtube - he's good on icon symbology.

I am not but that sounds very interesting.

I was recently watching a talk by a monk on youtube and he had read a lot about St. John of the Cross and he had mentioned that a lot of the stages he described going through were the same as developmental stages in other meditative traditions. Like I think the stations of the cross as he explained were various achievements energetically.

• Like 1

It's a significant milestone as we continue to transition into Age of Aquarius.

Here's an optimistic bit of related astrology

For the past two centuries, Jupiter and Saturn have been meeting in earth signs—Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo—but this winter solstice they will meet in an air sign, Aquarius, for the first time in 200 years. Earth signs are associated with the material, like money, physical resources, and external achievements, while air signs are all about the realm of the mind, connecting with others, and advancements in technology.

Jupiter and Saturn are associated with authority, and their alignment can be a harbinger of political and social change. This conjunction ushers in a new societal ethos that slowly moves away from materialism and toward Universalism and new ideologies. “Aquarius is the sign of teamwork, it’s the sign of society, it’s very progressive and it’s very humanitarian,” says Register.

https://www.lofficielusa.com/pop culture/great-conjunction-2020-age-of-aquarius-astrology

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this