Maddie

Troll energetics

4 minutes ago, Limahong said:

I have done my shopping and I am heading home to sleep.

Good night.

stick_figure_shopping_cart_500_clr.gif

-  Anand

Errrm   ... Limi , it looks like you forgot to get the shopping you went out for  ? 

Too focused on the  'trolling' I suppose   ?     

- too much trolley ,  not enough content  ;)

Edited by Nungali

10 minutes ago, Limahong said:

I have done my shopping and I am heading home to sleep.

Good night.

stick_figure_shopping_cart_500_clr.gif

-  Anand

Goonight Lima,

May the force be wit you

Is it not entertaining to see people take a simple theory personally?

I don't know if your theory is correct, @dmattwads, but I find the gut response of many to be quite an amusing example of lack of self awareness. That said, I don't think it's *just* kidney jing deficiency that causes it. It's likely a combination of factors, and not all "trolls" do so for the same reason. Nungali, for instance, "trolls" in a helpful way. He makes fun of others in an attempt to let them see the folly of their ways, almost like a mischievous fae. This sort of thing is often referred to as "trolling", but I very much doubt it is what you are referring to as "trolling". Why not use a more specific definition of the behavior you're referring to?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I don't know if your theory is correct, @dmattwads, but I find the gut response of many to be quite an amusing example of lack of self awareness. That said, I don't think it's *just* kidney jing deficiency that causes it. It's likely a combination of factors, and not all "trolls" do so for the same reason. Nungali, for instance, "trolls" in a helpful way. He makes fun of others in an attempt to let them see the folly of their ways, almost like a mischievous fae. This sort of thing is often referred to as "trolling", but I very much doubt it is what you are referring to as "trolling". Why not use a more specific definition of the behavior you're referring to?

It was really meant to be an opener into the energetics of trolling but it totally got off topic almost immediately.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

Ok now that I have a little more time I thought I would go into a little more detail.

As an acupuncturist, the five elements can explain so much. Also in the clinic, I come across hundreds and hundreds of various people. One common thing I noticed in younger males is that through pulse diagnosis and interview it becomes easy to diagnose which ones are spilling too much of the vital essence. Additionally, these same males tend to be very defensive and combative. In TCM school I focused on emotions and their relation to the five-element cycle process. That being said I am not just pulling theories out of thin air, but are basing this on both graduate-level education and thousands of hours of clinical experience. 

This is NOT saying that everyone that self stimulates turns into a troll. What I am saying is that overdoing it can cause Kidney essence deficiency and a lack of the water element in the Kidneys. The Kidneys house the Zhi or the will. This is why stopping excessive masturbation can be so difficult since those that engage are depleting the very thing that would help them to have the self-restraint to stop. This is not a moral judgment, but simply an energetic observation. 

Ok so now at this point the Kidney/Zhi (will)/water element/jing are depleted and weak. Next in the five element cycle is the Liver/Hun (ethereal soul)/wood element. Ideally, this is fed by a healthy and plentiful Kidney, and the virtues of the Liver such as kindness, compassion, and generosity are nourished and strengthened, but when the Kidney is deficient then the Liver will be as well. When the Liver is deficient these wood element virtues will be lacking and instead, the individual will be angry and defensive, but out of a sense of weakness and lack. 

It is at this point without even realizing why that individuals will unconsciously seek to make up for this lack by attracting the Liver/wood/anger energy through vampirism by provoking others. Interestingly enough, due to the defensive nature of individuals like this and the weakened sense of self in the weakened Hun (ethereal soul), they tend to become very defensive when what they are doing is pointed out. This is why there has been so much defensive reaction to the masturbation aspect of this post and the actually energetics of the inner workings of the energetic system have been ignored. 

I can guarantee that even after re-writing my post and even after making this prediction that the vast majority of my points will still be ignored and all the attention will again be directed at the self-stimulation aspect of this which is actually a very small part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

It was really meant to be an opener into the energetics of trolling but it totally got off topic almost immediately.

Sorry ´bout that.  To me, masturbation is something of a hot botton topic.  

• Confused 1

Just now, liminal_luke said:

Sorry ´bout that.  To me, masturbation is something of a hot botton topic.  

It tends to be due to the judgment a lot of people receive about it during the course of their life. It can make speaking about it objectively difficult.

• Like 1

So, on a more serious note, are there lifestyle practices or attitudes you´d recommend for average folks to nourish kidney energy that may have been depleted in one´s youth?

Also, just out of curiosity, what is the relationship between the kidney energy as it´s thought of in TCM and the health of the physical kidneys?

Thanks!   

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

So, on a more serious note, are there lifestyle practices or attitudes you´d recommend for average folks to nourish kidney energy that may have been depleted in one´s youth?

Also, just out of curiosity, what is the relationship between the kidney energy as it´s thought of in TCM and the health of the physical kidneys?

Thanks!   

There are several. Probably the easiest is herbs. Lui Wei Do Huang Pian is the most basic, widely used and probably easiest to find. Also limiting the frequency of ejaculation appropriate to ones age, health, and constitution are important as well. Reserve abdominal breathing into the LDT is useful also.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

Who's taking it personally? I don't think anyone took it personally imo.

what i find more entertaining is how certain you seem to be about your analysis

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dmattwads said:

image.png.22ef43bcf63c0781a46aaf8ff229ad00.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

Ok now that I have a little more time I thought I would go into a little more detail.

As an acupuncturist, the five elements can explain so much. Also in the clinic, I come across hundreds and hundreds of various people. One common thing I noticed in younger males is that through pulse diagnosis and interview it becomes easy to diagnose which ones are spilling too much of the vital essence. Additionally, these same males tend to be very defensive and combative. In TCM school I focused on emotions and their relation to the five-element cycle process. That being said I am not just pulling theories out of thin air, but are basing this on both graduate-level education and thousands of hours of clinical experience. 

This is NOT saying that everyone that self stimulates turns into a troll. What I am saying is that overdoing it can cause Kidney essence deficiency and a lack of the water element in the Kidneys. The Kidneys house the Zhi or the will. This is why stopping excessive masturbation can be so difficult since those that engage are depleting the very thing that would help them to have the self-restraint to stop. This is not a moral judgment, but simply an energetic observation. 

Ok so now at this point the Kidney/Zhi (will)/water element/jing are depleted and weak. Next in the five element cycle is the Liver/Hun (ethereal soul)/wood element. Ideally, this is fed by a healthy and plentiful Kidney, and the virtues of the Liver such as kindness, compassion, and generosity are nourished and strengthened, but when the Kidney is deficient then the Liver will be as well. When the Liver is deficient these wood element virtues will be lacking and instead, the individual will be angry and defensive, but out of a sense of weakness and lack. 

It is at this point without even realizing why that individuals will unconsciously seek to make up for this lack by attracting the Liver/wood/anger energy through vampirism by provoking others. Interestingly enough, due to the defensive nature of individuals like this and the weakened sense of self in the weakened Hun (ethereal soul), they tend to become very defensive when what they are doing is pointed out. This is why there has been so much defensive reaction to the masturbation aspect of this post and the actually energetics of the inner workings of the energetic system have been ignored. 

I can guarantee that even after re-writing my post and even after making this prediction that the vast majority of my points will still be ignored and all the attention will again be directed at the self-stimulation aspect of this which is actually a very small part of it. 

Great post and explains the crux of what you where starting this thread about .

Its interesting to see who responded with what to it   ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Nungali said:

I completely agree

Just now, Nungali said:

Isn't it though! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Thanks!   

In context of this topic, one could alleviate those kidney and liver problems in 'certain trolls'  by applying 'pressure'  to the relevant acupuncture points ;

image.png.0fa83387d101c8e59db78a92676a678e.pngimage.png

image.png.6c8c3419c52449e01ee0bb4917a2b5f5.pngimage.png.c12350901d63613eb81cc54d6a224f7a.png

:)

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

In context of this topic, one could alleviate those kidney and liver problems in 'certain trolls'  by applying 'pressure'  to the relevant acupuncture points ;

image.png.0fa83387d101c8e59db78a92676a678e.pngimage.png

image.png.6c8c3419c52449e01ee0bb4917a2b5f5.pngimage.png.c12350901d63613eb81cc54d6a224f7a.png

i think second one is how you became Nungnuts

28 minutes ago, welkin said:

Who's taking it personally? I don't think anyone took it personally imo.

what i find more entertaining is how certain you seem to be about your analysis

Well, I am not taking it personally , and not only that, I am going post about me not taking it personally ,because if I wasnt taking it personally , I wouldn't bother to post here that I am not . Besides and furthermore  As social beings, we define who we are, in part, by and through the relationships we have. Most of us interact with an assortment of people every day, from our most intimate relationships to strangers on the street. Obviously, how involved we are with certain individuals will color the level and intensity of our interactions with them. There are people with whom we get along quite well and those who may be harder to connect and communicate with, or who may give us an emotional run for our money. While some people have a tendency to take things personally a lot of the time, with almost anyone, the focus here is on relationships where a significant attachment has been formed.We are often dependent upon others for our happiness, our security (emotionally, financially, and other ways), and sometimes, our safety. We often look to others to fill our needs. When these others are supportive, encouraging, caring, and giving, we may feel fairly satisfied in our life. But when those we are attached to are judgmental and critical, or even aggressive and abusive toward us, we may find ourselves in conflict, caught between the need to have these people in our life for whatever reason and satisfying our own needs. Sometimes, we make a “bargain with the devil” and end up giving a lot of ourselves away in order to placate a significant other, to make them happy, to keep the peace, to make them stay in our lives (because we think we need them).Taking things personally is often a byproduct of this bargain. When we take things personally we are giving certain individuals more power over us than they deserve or should ever be allowed to have. In effect, you are allowing someone to question what you feel and believe. You are trusting someone else to tell you who you are, instead of relying on what you know to be true about yourself; what really defines you as a person without any outside influence. In essence, taking things personally keeps you tied to someone else and, in the extreme, can even make you feel like a victim.Instead of just reacting when someone pushes your buttons, these are some things to consider when you find yourself caught up in an interaction/confrontation in which you feel your personal integrity is being challenged.at if the goal of the interaction/confrontation is meant to be conciliatory they’re going about it in the wrong way. Perhaps give them a way out by suggesting an alternative solution.If it becomes clear that this person can’t respect you and your space and insists on creating a situation over and over again that’s meant to make you uncomfortable or feel badly about yourself, or to personally attack you, devalue and belittle you, and constantly attempt to bait you, you need to rethink the relationship. If it’s a family member, it may be hard to divorce yourself from them but you can limit your time and the nature of your relationship. If it’s someone else, break off all ties for your own sake.Finally, learn to rely on yourself. Of course, relationships will always play a prominent role in your life. But the more you know about yourself, the less you will need others to tell you about yourself. When you develop Focus on what this relationship really means to you. How heavily invested are you in this individual? Do you always need to be agreeable, to make no waves, to go along in order to please this person and keep the peace? Do you perceive that there may be a high price to pay if you disagree or challenge them? Do you really need this person’s approval? Is all the trouble keeping them happy, as they challenge you, really worth the effort?

Change the focus of the interaction by putting yourself in this person’s shoes. Try to understand what the other person is feeling/thinking/trying to convey. Is this the way they interact with many people? Is it their usual way to be critical, insult, blame, or shame? Maybe that person hasn’t mastered how to communicate in a healthy way. Perhaps they lack certain social skills and feel the only way they will be heard and paid attention to is by being rude or aggressive in their language, or by bullying to get their way. Perhaps they have issues with relationships in general, with boundaries, with seeing things as either all good or bad, right or wrong.Don’t jump to conclusions too quickly when you are being confronted. Don’t make assumptions about judgment or criticism seemingly directed at you. Maybe it’s not about you at all, but about them and their own projected perceptions. In fact, it’s almost always about them, their issues, their needs, and their desire to control you and/or a situation.A corollary to this is to know what makes you feel vulnerable. When you are aware of your sensitive spots, the things that trigger your emotions and reactions, you can prepare yourself if an interaction arises that attempts to draw you in.Create a space between yourself and your reactions. Your initial response might be to react emotionally. If possible, don’t follow that knee-jerk reaction. Take the time to rein in your emotions and assess what’s really happening before you respond. In general, it’s a good idea to create a healthy personal space around yourself. (A good visual is to imagine yourself in the middle of a meadow with a white picket fence surrounding it. That’s your space. No one is permitted within it unless you allow them to enter.) When you create a space/buffer between yourself and another person, personal boundaries have less chance of being crossed and/or blurred.When you are ready, respond in order to gain clarification. Hopefully, your emotions will take a back seat while you ask this individual to fully explain what’s on their mind and what they want from you. Listen carefully so you can discern what makes sense and what doesn’t based on their fantasy or need to have you behave in a certain way. Tell them how what they’re saying/doing makes you feel. In some instances, they may not realize how aggressive, rude, insulting, bullying, and insensitive they are being, or that their words are hurtful and that what they’re asking of you is unreasonable. Explain tha life orientation based primarily on your own personal resources, rather than external influences, your dependency on outside forces is diminished.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, welkin said:

i think he meant button not botton.

Oh .

Spoiler

Thank God he didnt mean 'bottom'  

f23f3ba46b96721c07983c96c2b03c07.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

ok I read facts again see if I can understand what

How is that for trolling patrol snow patrol?

put that in your pipe and smoke it

Edited by sagebrush
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I personally feel you have the documentation to know EXACTLY how many times I have masterbated and/or had sex with someone else over the last 16 years of my life. or the handful of occasions I may or may not have used a vibrator or trimmed my pubic hair or urinated. drop of red blood

How is that for trolling patrol snow patrol?

put that in your pipe and smoke it

2 hours ago, dmattwads said:

• Haha 2

I'd venture a guess that trolling  and  um  ........   'unusual mental states / connections '   ( and maybe masturbation , I dont know about that one )  are more emotively loaded  during equinoxes  (and solstices) , they are the points of tipping energy on the great scales .

So this might be relevant  for the emotions thread as well.

Very strong and very subtle forces are afoot .  They can be detected in nature  for example,  many plant species are triggered to go from 'rampant' nitrogen based  vegetative growth to 'archetypal'  phosphorus based flower and fruit ( 'sex ' - and  eventual reproduction)   growth.  Of course its a potent energy that causes change in fauna as well .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

You're psychic ! 

Right ......

NEXT !   

Spoiler

next 'wanky troll'  that is   :) 

• Like 1

Hmmm ... I better not assume everyone here understands the 'Empirical ' meaning of this slang  ? 

( I better not assume everyone gets my joke about 'Empirical'    -  The British Empire  .... including   good old   Oz  )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanker

English origin common in Britain and other parts of the English-speaking world , including Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. .... 

Wanker has similar meanings and overtones to American pejoratives like jerk or jerk-off.[4] More generally, wanker can carry suggestions of egotistical and self-indulgent behaviour and this is the dominant meaning in Australia and New Zealand.[5]

Edited by Nungali