Toni

Is somebody doing Tien Shan nei kung from starjumper (Steve Gray)?

On 6/3/2021 at 4:50 PM, kevin_wallbridge said:

The Tian Shan is pretty weird to be honest. I didn't learn all of the supplementary exercises that I have seen when I glanced at Steve's videos (when I met Master Yeung I had already been training breathwork for a decade and had spent a year in China training Qigong maybe Master Yeung thought I would be ok without it). I just learned a long sequence were you lean back making a line from your knees to your head. There are series of arm gestures and some forward bends that are done very slowly... no... slower... slower... sloowweerrr... no, seriously... MUCH fucking slower. At normal movement speed the whole thing would take a couple of minutes but in practice it takes an hour. It is a glacial meditation of muscular discomfort and discipline that suddenly turns your perception inside out.

Thanks your clarification, the name is Mr. Yeung.  But I can't help to wonder why so many people teaching his skills and write about him cannot spell his surname correctly.   How can they teach complicated skills if they don't know the correct form of their own grand master's name.   You are the very few good guys.

For the glacial speed, you probably are doing some moving stance (Zhan Zhuang).  Let say the normal beginning move, take the hands up and return to the navel level.  Normal persons require 2 seconds, Taichi speed may be 10 seconds, but moving stance can take 15 minutes.   They are great, and raise the exercise from Chi Kung level to near Neidan level.   However I feel forward bend in such slow speed is not safe, especially for middle to old age persons.   But I think students don't like it?  A few moves can take them half an hour, which is all they can squeeze for the whole day.   They may even think you are cheating them.

Master Logray, its definitely not an "entry level" practice. The forward bends are done with a reach and extension of the spine so there is no risk of compression or anything like that. However, you do need to be strong to make it through an hour of it. I find people often want to learn, it is just that once they learn it is hard to endure the practice of it, let alone find the time. No student who ever followed my pace through the set ever felt "cheated." The most common reaction is "Oh, I'm not ready for that."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Miffymog said:

If I move more slowly, then I feel the energy that moves inside of me does so at a 'deeper' level. (II)

Feeling slowly and 'deeper'...

Give-a-Full-Body-Massage-Step-12-Version-2.360p.gif

5 hours ago, Miffymog said:

If I'm imagining myself moving through a thick liquid in order to create internal opposing muscular tension, the slower movement, the greater the internal tension I can generate. (II)

Slow generation following slow tension...

Tactical-Breathing-Timer.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kevin_wallbridge said:

Master Logray, its definitely not an "entry level" practice. The forward bends are done with a reach and extension of the spine so there is no risk of compression or anything like that. However, you do need to be strong to make it through an hour of it. I find people often want to learn, it is just that once they learn it is hard to endure the practice of it, let alone find the time. No student who ever followed my pace through the set ever felt "cheated." The most common reaction is "Oh, I'm not ready for that."

Yes, it is why this type of stance is quite rare.  I happen to be doing similar thing - by speeding up the main movement a bit and return to normal speed for some other movements.  

9 hours ago, Miffymog said:

internal opposing muscular tension

Yin and Yang muscling each other...?

Yin%20Yang%202.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Master Logray said:

They are great, and raise the exercise from Chi Kung level to near Neidan level.

What does speed have to do with neidan? 

3 hours ago, Limahong said:

Yin and Yang muscling each other...?

Yin%20Yang%202.gif

Can you dial it back a bit? Its a pretty interesting thread but literally every other post is this bobbins. Its like you're purposefully trying to derail the thread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, kevin_wallbridge said:

Is an hour a day the recommended amount of time for practicing this style? 

1 hour ago, Vajra Fist said:

Its a pretty interesting thread but literally every other post is this bobbins.

what is the significance of this 'bobbins'...

... to you... if any at all?

b88427d0a244472d80ba276e3d5796ec.gif

what is a 'bobbins'?

20 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

What does speed have to do with neidan? 

Extreme slow motions prepare a person in stilling the mind by giving them a purpose and focus, and increase the internal awareness of Chi and manage it when necessary.   You may ask why don't just sit from day 1, it is stilling the body, stilling the mind.  But the body and mind are not ready.  It is easier to start off from movement exercises like majority of Chi Kung. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Master Logray said:

You may ask why don't just sit from day 1, it is stilling the body, stilling the mind.  But the body and mind are not ready. 

I will be restless ~ just sitting and doing nothing.

Why don't I start with doing 'nothing'

as in...

th?id=OIP.mOajHgLYnffuRGiVeCWj1QHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

th?id=OIP.Dp6_kvp28wksknXNofY7ewHaEv&pid=Api&P=0&w=279&h=180 

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

Posted (edited)

"

what is the significance of this 'bobbins'...

... to you... if any at all?

I think that is their point Limi   ..... try doing nothing (in this thread )  for a while .

th?id=OIP.Dp6_kvp28wksknXNofY7ewHaEv&pid=Api&P=0&w=279&h=180

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I think that is their point Limi   ..... try doing nothing (in this thread )  for a while . (I)

Hi Nun,

I am doing 'nothing' within this at TDB...

But I have done nothing with a 'bobbins'.

What is it?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

I think that is their point Limi   ..... try doing nothing (in this thread )  for a while . (II)

if your advice is try doing nothing...

why did you try to fill in for me when I was sick...?

On 6/4/2021 at 7:19 AM, Nungali said:

Limi is off sick today so I am filling in for him .

Posted (edited)

Please try to pay attention  to WHEN things where posted,  If you noticed ... that was BEFORE you where politely requested to 'dial it back  bit '  .  . .  and  BEFORE  you posted about the value of  wei wu wei .

...  it would be a shame if you missed out on the benefits of your own advice .   

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:28 PM, Vajra Fist said:

Is an hour a day the recommended amount of time for practicing this style? 

Done at the recommended pace the sequence takes an hour to do one repetition. However, there are a few natural places to stop within the set so I suppose you do it for less time if the slow pace is too much. I usually recommend if someone wants to practice it to do at a faster (yet still slow) pace until the choreography is natural and then gradually slow it down so one hour becomes the target.

• Thanks 1

'Kata' is not usually done slow .    Someone was watching us practice some in the park , later they approached us ' What is that you are doing , Tai Chi ? '

Me;  "  No ... we are just old .  "

:D 

• Like 2

...  it would be a shame if you missed out on the benefits of your own advice .

I have not given any advice to anybody... including myself.

Why?

I am doing 'nothing' within this at TDB...

On 19/05/2021 at 2:40 AM, Superfaz29 said:

I hate demonstrating because it attracts the wrong type of people, the shortcut people that just wanna have Jedi like powers without the dedication. If posting a video of some basic side effects of qi and shen will get my master back on here, then I will show you what his training can accomplish.

Steve is literally the only human I've found capable of demonstrating anything even remotely powerful, including the entirety of Daobums members! I'd love to be proven wrong.

Its not even the point of the meditations, and it's difficult and 99.9% of people will give up because it takes too long and is difficult and requires a ton of sacrifice.

The other admins of the daobums should be bowing down to this master, if you even knew the half of what he's teaching the world and what it will make you become, superhuman 

I will be honest I am not admin and can't help getting him back I understand you about wrong people wanna have such a powers but I will try be honest of that's true and you aren't just saying that I am willing to give time and scrfices and I think I am maybe talented and or have something decent about qi control I really would wish to learn and join such a training and thanks (by the way could you see someone else s qi aura and in medirians and see how good or bad he is doing just a personal question and thanks again )

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, apdo said:

I will be honest I am not admin

it is obvious that you are not 'admin'

why?

no 'admin' will "edit" ~ five times

and 'spam by mistake' ~ thrice

th?id=OIP.w7zTV_ONE5jZXtD0JOxLYwHaB2&pid=Api&P=0&w=476&h=120

Edited by Limahong
Correction ~ 'spam by mistake' from twice to thrice

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

why?

Sorry I kept clicking post but it didn't show I posted until I reload page and found out I posted same thing like 6 times 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Limahong said:

why?

Why the need to be rude with him?

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

Why the need to be rude with him?

In what way(s) am I rude?

Please enlighten.

Nearly all your posts here have been rude .  

What ?  You didnt realise that ?

• Like 1