1 minute ago, Limahong said:

Qigong th?id=OIP.HJb3IYuOYU91EL_Ig_yATQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300th?id=OIP.o2hLjLgG1eFOocuwWMrJSQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=206&h=156 th?id=OIP.Q5iD4BXXNwFaidLMqgGrIQHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=220&h=166 ...

what? lol

Some chichis might cool you out.

I think if you just define qi as energy it works well.

Energy simply defined is the ability to do work. This applies to qi.

Potential energy is the energy stored by a body relative to other objects. This also seems to work as a definition of qi.

Kinetic energy is the energy of motion which also applies to qi.

Thermal energy is the energy of heat again the seems applicable to qi.

Einstein in E=MC squared said that energy and matter are synonymous just in different densities. This would seem to apply to qi also.

Qi is energy. Very simple.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, welkin said:

Some chichis might cool you out.

Hi welkin,

But it is still red hot...

th?id=OIP.5NUkzHSanP2_EjUGsFz70QHaDY&pid=Api&P=0&w=355&h=163

So how?

- Anand

12 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi welkin,

But it is still red hot...

So how?

- Anand

Hi Anand Limahung

You like em RED? To each their own.

Anand Saggity drop drop Limahung

Edited by welkin

1 hour ago, welkin said:

Hi Anand Limahung

You like em RED? To each their own.

Anand Saggity drop drop Limahung

Anand Saggity drop drop Lemurhung

:huh:

image.thumb.png.8a1df12cc4d99a15b52bbf7f1bb01fcd.png

wild-republic-hanging-monkey-plush_1_577

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Yes ~ the color of the Root Chakra...

th?id=OIP.jJfIPjhFPmiO_s_iaHBV4gHaKE&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300 chakra-chart.gif

It sure is isn't it Lima

chakra-chart.gif

21 minutes ago, freeform said:

Qi is not a force or ‘energy’... but it can behave as those.

Hi freeform,

Qi can also be rooted in the cultivation of virtues e.g. compassion...

All blessings this Solstice.

- Anand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Qi can also be rooted in the cultivation of virtues e.g. compassion...

Qi in this scenario will be the catalyst that brings these qualities into the physical from the 'spiritual' (or more frequently) from the 'mental' plane.

• Like 1

What about the idea that Chi is like air.. air current or pressure...Wind even? Like existing within Vats..or places where there is a hearth stone..a fire place..or an oven, or furnace..

The building up of energy(life energy or chi) goes through many different forms..of lesser density and then of greater density..from 0 to the highest countable number currently..

On 19/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, Limahong said:

Hi Desmnoddf,

Chi is more naturally experienced by oneself experientially ~ by/with/through... one's body and mind.

Thus it can be different ~ to each his/her own perspective/practice/philosophy/reality...

- Anand

Yeeeeah... no.

I'm a TCM practioneer, and I can say that, what is DESCRIBED on the documents which DEFINE what Qi is (let's remember, "Qi" is a WORD, it has DEFINITIONS, not "feelings about what it is") describe it as having multiple kinds and being of different qualities.

If you take someone with Kidney Qi deficiency and try to use moxa on Heart 7 because "moxa increases the production of Qi", it will be useless.

The same things with other kinds. Xie Qi (infectious/toxic Qi) is VERY different from Heart Qi. Now, what will happen if you take someone with a bad cold and use TCM protocols to make the Xie Qi go deeper inside, because "it is all Qi"?

You'll fack them up.

Now, going on the "feeling" approach. Xie Qi and Xin Qi, for instance. Is it all "Qi"? Then why making incorrect breathing exercises near a polluted swamp on a hot and humid day bad for you, while doing it in a clean environment and with the correct technique good?

It's all "qi", isn't it?

No, it's not.

Anyhow. As I said, Qi has to do with what you're calling it. TCM has a certain approach (as I used above), different schools of mysticism use others, and so on.

It's a widely-used word and has LOTS of meanings, which only make sense inside the system of thought they are given meaning to.

There isn't a single definition of "Qi" because it means different things in different contexts.

• Like 3

On 12/16/2020 at 6:42 AM, AstralProjectee said:

Keep in mind that in the book Magus of Java a nei gong master I think John Changs teacher took a pong ball and infused it with a blue light. I thought I even remember there was some sparks as well. Well plasma is known for being blue light.

I haven't read that one.. might check it out soon. I do remember seeing someone on this site say that at least part of what John Chang could do was legitimately similar to whatever an electric eel does to build up a charge. The light and sparks may very well have been the exact same kind of plasma any of us would have seen when getting zapped by a doorknob on a dry day, albeit with quite a different level of intensity and control. I'd venture to say that such an ability surely involves the use of chi, but not necessarily that chi is the "stuff" being put into the ball itself. 

3 hours ago, Desmonddf said:

Yeeeeah... no.

It's all "qi", isn't it?

No, it's not.

Hi Desmonddf,

No... yeeeeah.

(Un)definable "qi" is a continuum with(out) a beginning and an end ~ like for example...?

th?id=OIP.SJ7_S84tp-C7q_DTzpCZgwHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=299&h=169

WaveformMoveNextPrev.gif

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

On 12/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, AstralProjectee said:

I disagree, if we can feel chi/qi in our bodies then it has to abide by the laws of physics, and it has to be something we can test and measure.

Hi AstralProjectee,

Have you experienced "chi/qi" in your own body yet?

Aren't the laws of physics (wo)man's limited  knowledge of The Laws of Nature?

I prefer to know myself through understanding Nature on a road less traveled.

th?id=OIP.iRALzqZv5ug4UJBQwRR8DgAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

- Anand

8 hours ago, Desmonddf said:

There isn't a single definition of "Qi" because it means different things in different contexts.

This is crucial to understand.

Qi is not vague. However the term is very context dependent. And within each context what it 'is' is very specific.

Think of it as similar to the word 'energy'... electrical energy, potential energy, 'I have lots of energy today'... 'my phone ran out of energy'... solar energy... wind energy... 'she has so much energy'...

Each context means something specific - but separate the term from the context and it seems completely vague and subjective. But within each context it has a specific meaning.

• Thanks 1

Andrew Nugent-Head had a great video, about two hours long, on the meaning of Qi. Most of it was him reading out the definitions of the different types from the dictionary. For some reason, the fact that he mentioned several relating to the aviation industry has stuck with me :-). @Desmonddf's post seems spot on to me. It's a multi-use Chinese word entirely dependent on context. In our school, and in the context of practice, we start by equating 'qi' to 'vitality' and go from there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobB said:

equating 'qi' to 'vitality'

I’d be careful with that... vitality is an indicator of Qi... But it’s not the only indicator... in fact vitality can be a sideffect from a Qi deviation.

There are the 8 classic Qi sensations. (8 touches of Qi) 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure you're right. Very much a beginner's definition but, that's where I am! 😄

• Like 1