What exactly is chi?

In my research studying John Chang and the book Magus of Java I suspect chi is a type of plasma. Why do I think this? Well if we look at all the states of matter there are only 4. Solids, liquids, gases, and plasmas. More specifically I think Chi is cold plasma with with a low density of charged particles. Cold plasma can be touched and won't burn you. Keep in mind that in the book Magus of Java a nei gong master I think John Changs teacher took a pong ball and infused it with a blue light. I thought I even remember there was some sparks as well. Well plasma is known for being blue light.

https://www.plasma-universe.com/wp-content/uploads/Plasma-types.jpg

Now if we look at the picture bellow I suspect that chi is again cold but also at atmospheric pressure, not a gas because it has to be readily absorbed by the body. Perhaps in mode it could be any one of those. This is where I need your help. Do you have any reason to believe chi is either a microwave, radio frequency, corona, or dielectric barrier discharge? My personal guess is that it's probably not a radio frequency. So perhaps it's a microwave cold plasma, IDK. What are your thoughts?

https://images.slideplayer.com/24/7320519/slides/slide_6.jpg

Now if you look at what John chang says here that his positive is in his navel chakra and the negative chi is in his perineum chakra (paraphrased). Then it should be possible to make a chi device or machine of some sort to absorb massive amounts of chi for cultivation in a very short time. Even better a chi device in which yang chi is pumped into the navel chakra, and yin chi is pumped into the perineum chakra.

What do you think? What is chi? What is yang and yin chi? And how can we make it ourselves in a device for accelerated spiritual growth?

Edited by AstralProjectee

2 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

What exactly is chi?

In my research studying John Chang and the book Magus of Java I suspect chi is a type of plasma. Why do I think this? Well if we look at all the states of matter there are only 4. Solids, liquids, gases, and plasmas. More specifically I think Chi is cold plasma with with a low density of charged particles. Cold plasma can be touched and won't burn you. Keep in mind that in the book Magus of Java a nei gong master I think John Changs teacher took a pong ball and infused it with a blue light. I thought I even remember there was some sparks as well. Well plasma is known for being blue light.

https://www.plasma-universe.com/wp-content/uploads/Plasma-types.jpg

Now if we look at the picture bellow I suspect that chi is again cold but also at atmospheric pressure, not a gas because it has to be readily absorbed by the body. Perhaps in mode it could be any one of those. This is where I need your help. Do you have any reason to believe chi is either a microwave, radio frequency, corona, or dielectric barrier discharge? My personal guess is that it's probably not a radio frequency. So perhaps it's a microwave cold plasma, IDK. What are your thoughts?

https://images.slideplayer.com/24/7320519/slides/slide_6.jpg

Now if you look at what John chang says here that his positive is in his navel chakra and the negative chi is in his perineum chakra (paraphrased). Then it should be possible to make a chi device or machine of some sort to absorb massive amounts of chi for cultivation in a very short time. Even better a chi device in which yang chi is pumped into the navel chakra, and yin chi is pumped into the perineum chakra.

What do you think? What is chi? What is yang and yin chi? And how can we make it ourselves in a device for accelerated spiritual growth?

I think our scientific instruments are able to detect plasma but so far to my knowledge we've not developed any kind of instrument that can measure qi.

6 hours ago, AstralProjectee said:

What exactly is chi?

Hi AstralProjectee,

Chi comes after Jing and is its bridge to Shen.

th?id=OIP.UNKtYt8K4WfC_xnJsiefdgHaTm&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300   e313fa460cfcc9eeeca4488769c1774e.gif

- Anand

5 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi AstralProjectee,

Chi comes after Jing and is its bridge to Shen.

th?id=OIP.UNKtYt8K4WfC_xnJsiefdgHaTm&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300   e313fa460cfcc9eeeca4488769c1774e.gif

- Anand

Hum well that complicates things. Well if we can just make one of them that would help I'm sure.

10 hours ago, dmattwads said:

I think our scientific instruments are able to detect plasma but so far to my knowledge we've not developed any kind of instrument that can measure qi.

Maybe or maybe we have but we just don't know it's chi or qi yet.

7 hours ago, Jaba said:

What and how is chi made of and from? What and how is plasma made of and from?

Depends, there are many types of plasma.

And I'm not sure where chi comes from. Thus the question.

If you are questioning where qi comes from, I would say that it's not from this particular plane of existence, and thus would not be subject to our laws of physics. When approaching this subject, it would be more appropriate to use eastern science (think yin/yang as a measuring stick) compared to western science (think a device as a measuring stick). This isn't something I've gone too in-depth in myself, but all the explanations for qi that I have heard from people trying to make it understandable from a western scientific perspective were easily debunked. 

As for the idea that qi is plasma, the biggest issue I have with it is that plasma does not have a way to create all of the same phenomena that qi can create (the biggest one I can think of is body reinforcement, which I can't see a good way to accomplish with plasma as I understand it). That said, it would be rather nice if western science eventually reached an understanding of qi, but I don't think that will happen for as long as our measuring sticks are physical in nature. 

• Like 2

Chi maybe more of a force, instead of a substance. Thinking of a much simpler example: the magnet. I'm not saying chi equals magnetism, but for comparison. We can tell that the magnetic field exists, and measure its various properties, only because of its effect on other materials near the magnet. What if I ask you, what is the magnetic field itself made out of? Empty space!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

What if I ask you, what is the magnetic field itself made out of? Empty space!

I believe when they combine the theory of electricity and magnetism into the electromagnetic force they determined that the magnetic field consisted of photons.

Chi is just energy, it can take any forms. It can be electric, magnetic, it can bring heat or coldness, it can also be a physical object that you could touch, or an image you could see.

1 minute ago, dmattwads said:

I believe when they combine the theory of electricity and magnetism into the electromagnetic force they determined that the magnetic field consisted of photons.

In order for the photon to exist, there must be both an electric field and a magnetic field propagating off of each other (like a yin-yang) but the magnet field exists whether anything is moving through it or not.

To think of it in terms of another familiar form of energy: kinetic. If I take a top and give it a spin, what have I actually added to it? The answer is obviously "energy," but as far as substance, nothing!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

In order for the photon to exist, there must be both an electric field and a magnetic field propagating off of each other (like a yin-yang) but the magnet field exists whether anything is moving through it or not.

To think of it in terms of another familiar form of energy: kinetic. If I take a top and give it a spin, what have I actually added to it? The answer is obviously "energy," but as far as substance, nothing!

Hmmmm 🤔 I think you might be technically correct about that.

I'm not sure on the technical, although my experience of it is that it is intelligent.

It seems to have preferences.....

Part of my work as I've developed has been to develop a better relationship with it and the universe.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dmattwads said:
3 hours ago, Nintendao said:

If I take a top and give it a spin, what have I actually added to it? The answer is obviously "energy," but as far as substance, nothing!

Hmmmm 🤔 I think you might be technically correct about that.

I mean on some level there has been found a physical something to this nothing. During the friction of my fingertips on the handle of the top as I spin it, there is an exchange of "force carriers" amongst the various blobs of atoms. But these are virtual particles, packets of quantification assigned to interactions between energy fields. They are proven to exist by direct observation only after accelerating them to such an extent needed to split the atom! Even then they very quickly literally disappear back into "space" from whence they came. Of course even the atom itself can be conceived of as a persistent harmonic of various forces. But that is getting way into the weeds from this topic. Or is it?

3 hours ago, XianGong said:

Chi is just energy, it can take any forms. It can be electric, magnetic, it can bring heat or coldness, it can also be a physical object that you could touch, or an image you could see.

Wonderful thing about energy, its readiness for transmutability. With something easy to perceive like the spinning top, we can trace a crude path of conversions from the object in motion, to the electric impulses that moved my muscles, to the chemical energy of a starch I ate, to sunlight received by a produce plant, to nuclear fusion within the Sun, etc. all the way to the Big Bang. Not to mention the web of ancillary processes and perceptions along the way to make each step possible. Again into the weeds I go, and this is still pretty elementary stuff.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm not sure on the technical, although my experience of it is that it is intelligent.

It seems to have preferences.....

Part of my work as I've developed has been to develop a better relationship with it and the universe.

Okay now we're getting somewhere. Those science-friendly forces, they happen to interact with relatively inanimate objects. A compass needle, an LED light, a test tube full of chemicals, a large hadron collider. Each modality has its medium. The medium of chi however, is life itself..

15 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

where qi comes from, 

Awareness..

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 1

Chi is a set of visualisations  to be done in concert with physical movements that make those movements more efficient  and stable .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Nungali said:

Chi is a set of visualisations  to be done in concert with physical movements that make those movements more efficient  and stable .

Nungali, is that how you experience chi?  As a set of visualizations?

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Bruh that's wicked practical. I will claim that it adds up with the Awareness is Space paradigm, though. Visualization is a funny thing, like, what all have you actually added to your movements, simply by concentrating on them, yet, you have added something.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Hi Nun,

May I add ~ Chi can be cultivated with/through a mind/body concert.

Also Chi can be sensed experientially with/through ~ visualisationsphysical movements...

A great weekend.

- Anand

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cheya said:

Nungali, is that how you experience chi?  As a set of visualizations?

No that isnt how I experience chi .

• Thanks 1

Chi can be anything, as it is a widely-used term for a lot of different things. What you're talking about seem to be Ying Qi or Wei Qi. Since you posted videos with people using chi such as in NeiGong or QiGong, then it probably should be a mix of both.

However, it can also be understood as a concept, a basic universal principle, the ritmic movements of destiny, fundamental particles, etc.

Ancient philosophy doesn't correlate entirely with modern science. I'd say it almost has no correlation at all.

For instance, a simple migrane for an ortodox doctor can be a number of different pathologies for a TCM practioneer, while mostly all infectious diseases would be one or two for the same TCM practioneer.

It's a different look on reality. It cannot be conformed with the principles of categorization and understandment of the world modern science has.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Desmonddf said:

It's a different look on reality. It cannot be conformed with the principles of categorization and understandment of the world modern science has.

Hi Desmnoddf,

Chi is more naturally experienced by oneself experientially ~ by/with/through... one's body and mind.

Thus it can be different ~ to each his/her own perspective/practice/philosophy/reality...

- Anand

On 12/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, Paradoxal said:

If you are questioning where qi comes from, I would say that it's not from this particular plane of existence, and thus would not be subject to our laws of physics. When approaching this subject, it would be more appropriate to use eastern science (think yin/yang as a measuring stick) compared to western science (think a device as a measuring stick). This isn't something I've gone too in-depth in myself, but all the explanations for qi that I have heard from people trying to make it understandable from a western scientific perspective were easily debunked. 

As for the idea that qi is plasma, the biggest issue I have with it is that plasma does not have a way to create all of the same phenomena that qi can create (the biggest one I can think of is body reinforcement, which I can't see a good way to accomplish with plasma as I understand it). That said, it would be rather nice if western science eventually reached an understanding of qi, but I don't think that will happen for as long as our measuring sticks are physical in nature. 

I disagree, if we can feel chi/qi in our bodies then it has to abide by the laws of physics, and it has to be something we can test and measure.

It's like we can have out of body experiences with DMT, but yet even though it's a non-physical experience in many ways we can still measure it by how much DMT is in our blood stream. Physical things can give a non-physical experience.

• Confused 1

Chi is more of a non-physical thing giving a physical experience under certain circumstances. 

Yes, it can be understood in terms of physics. But you need to take things like ether and higher-dimensional space into account. Some physicists are getting there, gradually. 

• Like 3

My working definition of Qi is " Transformative information potential" a bit abstract, I know...but I cannot think of anything that gets closer to it